Final Flush: Myth Or Fact?

wearing geopots with eyeholes in.!!!!
LOLOLOL!
Plants absolutely take up minerals. That's what makes leaf samples useful!
I said they don't? Can you find the quote for me? I may have said the flowers don't take them up directly from soil.
Flushers add molasses to water during the final stages though, dont they?
Molasses has some minerals in it as well that the plant can use, but in terms of the sugar, plants don't eat sugar. Molasses is used to feed the microherd (if you have one).

Stoner bro and wives tales, is seen as that, until science catches up to explain.. even if the vocabulary isn't correct, doesn't take from the intelligence observed.. yes plants put on matter with water only diet (not ro or distilled)I've grown in 90-10 coir/perlite in one gal pot with nothing but sunshine and rainwater until harvest.. all plants/strains going to be different but water only for most last few weeks, only cause that's what they want. They should be stuffed full and wanting to explode with a drink.. your plants tell you this, look at them, don't burn them up....

Molasses has some minerals in it as well that the plant can use, but in terms of the sugar, plants don't eat sugar. Molasses is used to feed the microherd (if you have one).

Ah.. that's funny.. flush but still put food in the water... lol.. Maybe that's why they taste better... lol.

my opinion i cut down a female pollinated cuz i well rookie move cut 3 weeks early so no flush that weed still got u hi and clean ash and didnt taste gross i usually fluah but reading this has me on fence i think i agree with deprivi g ur plant last 2 weeks of neutz food i agree baf idea but it stpres food and can deplete those

Ah.. that's funny.. flush but still put food in the water... lol.. Maybe that's why they taste better... lol.
I don’t think you understand what he is saying completely. Not everyone who flushes adds molasses. Most people add molasses as a source of food for microbes so they can make nutrients available for the plant in organic grows. If you are growing in synthetic the salt build up will kill those microbes but I suppose people probably still use it for the macro and micronutrients. In my opinion you’d be better off with something like bud candy if you are looking to increase your flavor amongst other things because your plant won’t take in the sugar from the molasses and the way you think they do. There are also other reasons for using molasses.

Personally, I flush for the sole purpose of stressing the plant into producing more resin. It works for me, by the time I harvest, the leaves are yellowing and the buds are big and heavy. The trim is fairly minimal too. I've tried many tricks around harvest time and knocking nutrients on the head a week and a half out, starving them of water and light in the last 4 or 5 days and splitting the trunk a week out are all effective ways to maximize yield. Everyone has their own little tricks and quirks. I say do what feels right for you. Just be careful not to stress them out too much though, it can cause your lovely ladies to produce pollen sacks and then you end up with a lady boy lol. Live and let live, peace, love and sticky nugs

I havn't read the whole thread but I got a question. I've heard a lot about the flushing, I just stop to give the plant fertilizer for a periode of up to 2 week before harvest. But someone recently recommended this product to me, as I should be able to fertilize for longer and flush with this before harvest?

I don’t think you understand what he is saying completely. Not everyone who flushes adds molasses. Most people add molasses as a source of food for microbes so they can make nutrients available for the plant in organic grows. If you are growing in synthetic the salt build up will kill those microbes but I suppose people probably still use it for the macro and micronutrients. In my opinion you’d be better off with something like bud candy if you are looking to increase your flavor amongst other things because your plant won’t take in the sugar from the molasses and the way you think they do. There are also other reasons for using molasses.

I'd sure like to see some scientific evidence of this little tidbit. I see it claimed a lot.

Course not every one uses molasses. Given the prevalence I'm sure a lot actually do. I dont care what people do with their plants. If the sun didn't come up tomorrow, well, then we'd have a problem.

What was meant was I've seen molasses water being used during flushing for continuing sugar production, same time, which is good, but is also redundant for the reasons for flushing, is the point.

Let's keep it more on the science.. less what I do/dont do.... what you should/shouldnt do...

I'd sure like to see some scientific evidence of this little tidbit. I see it claimed a lot.

It's why we add a rhizophere constantly using salt based nutrients. Shit lives but in a dwindling population...

It's why we add a rhizophere constantly using salt based nutrients. Shit lives but in a dwindling population...
Yeah I just wonder how much synthetic nutrients really harm them. I've heard that claim made a lot and I don't know if it's based on some scientific research, or if people are just drawing conclusions that synthetic nutrients are bad so they must kill living things. It's kind of in the same vein of issue we're dealing with around the flushing argument. There's a lot of practice with not a whole lot of proof.

Stop adding rhizo and watch, will still grow, just little more stressed and not with same vigor.. why? But the nutrient companies are based on horticulture science.. some say snake oil but that for their own agendas, nutrient companies over exaggerate the need but that too is for their own agendas

Yeah I just wonder how much synthetic nutrients really harm them. I've heard that claim made a lot and I don't know if it's based on some scientific research, or if people are just drawing conclusions that synthetic nutrients are bad so they must kill living things. It's kind of in the same vein of issue we're dealing with around the flushing argument. There's a lot of practice with not a whole lot of proof.

From what I've read they're totally okay - elements are elements, microbes dont care.

The myth buster blog did say though that the potency of synthetic nutes creates a toxic environment.

I'm searching for a study of soil samples in terms of microbe numbers when using organic or synthetic nutes. That'd really clear things up. Even better, what ppms the NPK numbers were!

How convinced are you guys that cannabis needs high levels of NPK to grow and produce good product?

Going out on a limb, I have a gut feeling marijuana plants can only take what they need given their circumstances. Any higher, like force feeding synthetic nutes, and you see signs of excess and toxicity.

It's when you introduce other outside environmental variables like high CO2 content, perfect lumens and light spectrum, the (safe) natural growth hormones like triacontanol, amendments that boost chlorophyll numbers and photosynthesis, that they then will uptake higher NPK numbers to compensate for their new growth rates.

You never going to flush anymore.. lmfao.... so how will you get over any lockouts when they occur?
Are you saying feeding water only for last couple weeks is flushing? Lmfao.. outta here, dudes been growing shit longer and hell lot better than all us, I'd say read some things from their bro science tips and reap the benefits.. 'hempy' is the one I suggest to follow, read what he says not how he says it... like some of you want to reinvent the wheel, make it rounder lmfao

You never going to flush anymore.. lmfao.... so how will you get over any lockouts when they occur?
Are you saying feeding water only for last couple weeks is flushing? Lmfao.. outta here, dudes been growing shit longer and hell lot better than all us, I'd say read some things from their bro science tips and reap the benefits.. 'hempy' is the one I suggest to follow, read what he says not how he says it... like some of you want to reinvent the wheel, make it rounder lmfao

What does he say?

If you’re never going to flush again, how are you planning to clear your medium of lockouts? Ha.
There’s a lot of growers who’ve been doing that a lot longer and better than any of us, I recommend you go follow some them and learn - hempy is the one I’d recommend you check out. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, maybe realize this is a futile debate and go focus on some new creative solutions to challenges that haven’t been solved yet. Ha.

Back
Top Bottom