First Berry White Closet Grow

I've been reading so much my brain is all googly & somehow I missed that *you* were the one you knew running a berry white! Lol.
I am definitely looking at the mars lights. I'm hoping to be able to get a tent with a mars light strictly for vegging with a hope of perpetual growing. I'll definitely do something a step up from their first series so direct I will go!
So exciting to see another berry white growing!

I have three generations of the Mars lights. Started with the Mars II 400, and did the majority of a grow in a 2x4 tent. The last few weeks of the grow I bought a Mars Reflector 144 (5 watt diodes) used it to finish that grow. 2 plants that yielded 7.4 oz dry. Then I just recently purchased a Mars Pro II 160. That now resides in my flower tent beside the Mars II 400. And the veg tent has the Reflector.
I'm actually still vegging the clones including the White Berry in the flower tent for another week or so before flipping to 12/12.

Woo-hoo! I can't wait to see it! I'm behind you about a month or so, so it's very exciting for me.
That yield is awesome! I'm hoping for the best & preparing for the worst on my first grow. My friend was able to get over a pound from two plants my clone came from, but they are quite experienced. I'm going to be thrilled to just make it to harvest, but I think I have genotype on my side.
I've started checking out all the mars lights... is there one that you like most snarly?

Oh yes, Legion night is date night... I plan on re-watching it all while waiting for the next season! I love Lenny... she's great! I'm going to love that!

What an off the wall ending :rofl: I don't really get into the series thing but this one caught my attention immediately. The commercials had me little curious, but it just happened to be starting during a channel flip so I decided to check it out . It grabs you right from the first second lol. I had no idea it was about Xavier's son until after seeing the first episode. Just made it that much better :high-five:

So Lenny is trying to shed her seed shell, but she has.. appeared :)

Gypsy~ is that the ponytailing? I saw a comment you had made and tried looking for info about it to no avail... actually, I probably got distracted & started reading another journal & forgot about it! Lol.

It is ponytailing. :thumb: I was a little baked and couldn't remember at the time :laughtwo:

Woo-hoo! I can't wait to see it! I'm behind you about a month or so, so it's very exciting for me.
That yield is awesome! I'm hoping for the best & preparing for the worst on my first grow. My friend was able to get over a pound from two plants my clone came from, but they are quite experienced. I'm going to be thrilled to just make it to harvest, but I think I have genotype on my side.
I've started checking out all the mars lights... is there one that you like most snarly?

They all work fine. The newer models from Mars feature upgraded power supplies and drivers. The Reflector 144 gives pretty good coverage for a 2x4 tent, as the light is rectangular. The Mars Pro II 160 is probably my fav/best, and hanging beside the 400 provides a good footprint for 2x4 tent as well, but with more power.
The 7.4 oz dry yield was basically produced from 170 watt draw from the wall (Mars II 400).

As for being a month behind me, well,, the clones give me a couple weeks head start, and I am going to flip to flower a lot earlier than on my first grow. My first grow was with 2 plants, this time there are three ladies in the tent.

Niiiiice! I love it! Will you have a journal for her?
What a great show! I still don't know what's going on! Lolololol

My first journal here turned into a perpetual show and tell update thing lol. I'll probably post her there as she grows. Hopefully she makes it to the eyecandy thread. She's came from a Permafrost mother, but like Lenny will be full of surprises :) Her father is one of three strains but unknown because she is a catch tray seed and I bred three reversed fathers to the same plant. I tagged the branches but once they fall it's anyone's guess. Judging by the shape and patterns I'm guessing it's Gorilla Dawg but it's only a guess. The other two potentials would be White Widow and American Pie. It will likely be a taste test decision.
Lenny.jpg

:Namaste:

420-magazine-mobile1372165847.jpg
420-magazine-mobile376314675.jpg

The twins this morning... Happy Monday! Nature is just so gorgeous!

I dunno if it's wishful thinking, but I swear i can tell the girls are loving the new cfls (thanks gypsy for the info). I removed the domes from the lamp as I read somewhere it releases a lot of sidelight from the bulbs. Plus one of the domes seemed to be deflecting the hps lighting.
Super happy mama here.

Question: at some point, do I remove the lst when Claudette looks trained or do I leave it throughout the grow? I've loosened the strings to make sure it doesn't cut into the branches & they don't go anywhere. Thanks

Thanks gypsy! I'll definitely wait. Yes, all the girls are a fan of the blues! It's like they're on steroids! Lol
I've been reading your crazy journal a few pages at a time, here & there; and you're a mad scientist! I love it. It's quite inspiring! Thank you for being the one to find me!

Humble? Lol You'll get some beasts w that set up. I live Massachusetts and I can legally grow 12 plants but I have a disabled child w therapist coming in and family I keep it on the DL from. So I built my cabinets. I wish I had space like yours to work with
420-magazine-mobile824248436.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1576282867.jpg
420-magazine-mobile568622732.jpg
420-magazine-mobile222327676.jpg

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing
Are those cfls? What wattage are u using? That is a beautiful set up.

I've been checking my min/max temp & humidity and at night temps are great but humidity got super high with the lights off... in the 90s so I've been turning the humidifier off before bedtime & that seems to have fixed that up. This morning the max was 73% & min 37%. It feels good to figure it out!.. It's the little things for me! Temps are perfect between 81°/67°

Agusun~ those cabinets aren't mine. That's savingson's grow & she rawks. She's got all her specs on her thread.
If you are actually asking about mine, I have a 400w mh/hps light & just recently supplememted with 100w 6500k cfls... My girls are loving the blues!

420-magazine-mobile871848342.jpg
Claudette's tips are turning yellow... could this be a calmag deficiency? I can only find pictures of where it's gotten really bad, and I don't want it to get bad before I add anything. I'll probably water within the next few days, so hopefully I can figure it out by then.
Otherwise... She's happily growing like a weed!
420-magazine-mobile2119056673.jpg

hey vespertine.
I've had to add calmag to my white berry, as it was showing some signs of deficiency. Funny thing is the other two clones (Atomical Haze and Sensi Star) that are in the same grow did not. Now I'm wondering if White Berry is particularly susceptible to that deficiency.
Growing with LED does require calmag a bit more than other lights, just funny that only the white berry showed signs.
:hmmmm:

My thinking is to ph the runoff of her next watering before I do anything... unless some folks here have a better idea... Thanks in advance for any input.

Thanks snarly! You're awesome! I hope it will be okay for a couple more days. I just ordered from amazon.

Aw shucks :allgood:
I wouldn't be too worried, your lady looks pretty healthy other than the tips. I've only got the one grow under my belt, and made more mistakes than I want to admit. Just give the girls the attention they desire, listen to them, and accept their forgiveness. Not only did my girls forgive me, they rewarded me handsomely.
And it sure looks like your girls will do the same for you!
:thumb:

I'm thinking of like to experiment with manifold/mainlining technique with one of the bigger twins. I think I'm going to top both at the appropriate time and just do lst on the other.
I think I'll stick to experimenting on Matilda. She *was* the runt and a little wonky, but she's surpassing her sister in height & girth. It's amazing how just being with these gals reduces my anxiety. They're a gift in every stage!

Back
Top Bottom