First Ever Attempt - Indoor Closet - Done A Lot Of Reading & Welcome Advice!

Re: First ever attempt, done a lot of reading and welcome help! Indoor closet!

Hey a male will still give you knowledge, right up to flower growth and care are the same. And we need to know boys from girls, until you have a boy you cant be sure that you can tell the difference. I lost a girl thinking it was a boy until I had a real boy show up. I have to look in on the flower tent 4 or 5 times a day just to sit and smoke with the girls. It is my fortress of solitude in this crazy world, and never having seen the budding process before I love seeing the growth day to day. Two of my little ones are 3 and 4 inches taller than the one 4-5 weeks older. It's very cool watching how different plants and strains develop at different rates. I have been using "Herb I.Q. to track each one from seed and how much coin I am spending and so much more. A nice little free program.:peace:

hi mate, hows it going, you know you mentioned the hempie idea, well im also doing a 2ltr dwc hempie, thats what i think your on about where you hav a res in the bottom with liquid in it then the plant grows in the top half, here is what i did to get a big res

1, get a 2ltr pop bottle and cut about 4 inches off the top so you have removed the lid of the bottle and the part the curves,
2, so now thats the res, cover it with something so it dont let any light into the roots and the nutrient solution, i used dandelion and burdock bottles as they was black all ready, some cider and pop bottles are coloured so using them would save covering the bottle.
3, so get another pop bottle and cut it about 6 or 7 inches down from the top, now this part becomes the part you put the growing medium in,
4, put the lid on the part your using for the medium and turn it upside down so the lid is facing the floor, this is how this part of the bottle will fit into the res part of the bottle, so push this into the res part and mark it where the lid of the top bottles ( where the cap is) and mark it on the res part, now remove the part the medium goes in, then where you marked it go down about 2 inches and drill a hole, you only need 1 drain hole here to drain out any extra liquid in the res, you want a gap between the liquid and the cap of the bottle with the medium in it, so it has some air to breath for the roots.
5. so now you got the res sorted
6, now the part that your using for the medium needs sorting out so the roots can grow through the bottle, if having the lid off lets the medium fall through into the res part then screw the lid back on, try this by putting some medium in the part the plant goes in and take the lid off, i used compost so left the lid off and nothing falls into the res, so try that.
7, if grow medium falls through then get a drill and drill several holes in the cap of the bottle so the roots can grow through it, make these as big as you can, then the neck of the bottle going up from the cap to where the bottle leves out and stops getting wider, drill holes around here as well, then its ready to use.

ill try and find teSmp's journal and post you the link as he has pictures on how to do it and makes it a lot easier to follow, mine is growing great, i only got 1, did have 2 but i did mine from seed and ended up with 1 male and 1 female so ive only got the 1 left,

Hey a male will still give you knowledge, right up to flower growth and care are the same. And we need to know boys from girls, until you have a boy you cant be sure that you can tell the difference. I lost a girl thinking it was a boy until I had a real boy show up. I have to look in on the flower tent 4 or 5 times a day just to sit and smoke with the girls. It is my fortress of solitude in this crazy world, and never having seen the budding process before I love seeing the growth day to day. Two of my little ones are 3 and 4 inches taller than the one 4-5 weeks older. It's very cool watching how different plants and strains develop at different rates. I have been using "Herb I.Q. to track each one from seed and how much coin I am spending and so much more. A nice little free program.:peace:

Cheers man, fair call!

hi mate, hows it going, you know you mentioned the hempie idea, well im also doing a 2ltr dwc hempie, thats what i think your on about where you hav a res in the bottom with liquid in it then the plant grows in the top half, here is what i did to get a big res

1, get a 2ltr pop bottle and cut about 4 inches off the top so you have removed the lid of the bottle and the part the curves,
2, so now thats the res, cover it with something so it dont let any light into the roots and the nutrient solution, i used dandelion and burdock bottles as they was black all ready, some cider and pop bottles are coloured so using them would save covering the bottle.
3, so get another pop bottle and cut it about 6 or 7 inches down from the top, now this part becomes the part you put the growing medium in,
4, put the lid on the part your using for the medium and turn it upside down so the lid is facing the floor, this is how this part of the bottle will fit into the res part of the bottle, so push this into the res part and mark it where the lid of the top bottles ( where the cap is) and mark it on the res part, now remove the part the medium goes in, then where you marked it go down about 2 inches and drill a hole, you only need 1 drain hole here to drain out any extra liquid in the res, you want a gap between the liquid and the cap of the bottle with the medium in it, so it has some air to breath for the roots.
5. so now you got the res sorted
6, now the part that your using for the medium needs sorting out so the roots can grow through the bottle, if having the lid off lets the medium fall through into the res part then screw the lid back on, try this by putting some medium in the part the plant goes in and take the lid off, i used compost so left the lid off and nothing falls into the res, so try that.
7, if grow medium falls through then get a drill and drill several holes in the cap of the bottle so the roots can grow through it, make these as big as you can, then the neck of the bottle going up from the cap to where the bottle leves out and stops getting wider, drill holes around here as well, then its ready to use.

ill try and find teSmp's journal and post you the link as he has pictures on how to do it and makes it a lot easier to follow, mine is growing great, i only got 1, did have 2 but i did mine from seed and ended up with 1 male and 1 female so ive only got the 1 left,

here is his journal,i think it will take you to the right page, 18 if i remember, have a look its easier to see
TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

Mate I cant thank you enough for taking the time to write the above, and providing the link. I need some time to digest it all but it could be the go for the remaining ones!

This is how the setup looks today. I think Im just gonna bite the bullet and get a cool tube and decent fan.

IMG_24546.jpg

the 2ltr is ok if your aim is to only have 1 big bud and not side branches, they need some care and more attention than a normal grow as you need to remove any side branches when they get to a certain size as you are trying to push all the growth into the main stem and keep all the bud production on the stem

i like your set up, and the idea of the pvc filter top..perfect. Why spend 50+$ for one when you can make one, cheap. following this grow.

no probs, glad it was some help to you, teSmp gives enough info in his journal to work out what needs doing, he has helped me from day 1, he was the grower who hooked me up with bpn products and got it paid and sent to where i am in europe, i couldnt of afforded it without his kind offer, paid for the nutes and postage along with another grower, and corey at bpn sorted it all and got it posted out from the USA to me in Europe, so couldnt believe how kind some people are on here, now ill use nothing else, im saving for my next bpn order

Alright time for an update. I made my own hempy bottle based on the instructions. I made it a bit taller than the instructions to try and give the plant more root area.

IMG_24567.jpg
IMG_24605.jpg
IMG_24613.jpg
IMG_24624.jpg
IMG_24636.jpg
IMG_24646.jpg
IMG_24656.jpg

Woooo!!! Coco!! Good choice. You should begin to notice way faster growth rates than soil. You can water in coco about every other day at this stage. Once your in bloom and the roots are bigger, watering everyday will be fine. Remember, coco is considered a hydroponic medium so no nutrients in it. If you begin to notice a deficiency you'll need to act fast and feed them. Make sure your balancing your ph. I give my girls nutes with every water, and flush once a week. Right now they are growing 1 verticle inch per day! Glad to see another coco grow good luck I'll stay tuned.

Woooo!!! Coco!! Good choice. You should begin to notice way faster growth rates than soil. You can water in coco about every other day at this stage. Once your in bloom and the roots are bigger, watering everyday will be fine. Remember, coco is considered a hydroponic medium so no nutrients in it. If you begin to notice a deficiency you'll need to act fast and feed them. Make sure your balancing your ph. I give my girls nutes with every water, and flush once a week. Right now they are growing 1 verticle inch per day! Glad to see another coco grow good luck I'll stay tuned.

Woot! Damn I guess I need to get a bloody water ph tester? Ive got one for soil will that do, Im assuming it will.

NO! You need one for water. Some will say you can use test strips as cheap way out but don't. I got one on Amazon forunder $20 and strips cost me $17. Get test solution to calibrate it and it will work fine. Ph will do bad things hi our low. Cost me over a week if recovery out of my grow time :peace:

NO! You need one for water. Some will say you can use test strips as cheap way out but don't. I got one on Amazon forunder $20 and strips cost me $17. Get test solution to calibrate it and it will work fine. Ph will do bad things hi our low. Cost me over a week if recovery out of my grow time :peace:

:thedoubletake:

Ok man, I will do that.

Just trying to decide how to grow the last lady. Im thinking a hempy bucket grow.

i only just got my ph tester, ive got a 2ltr dwc hempie and an bubbler grow, sort of hydro based system, i have never tested the ph on either off these grows as i had no pen, both are doing great and growing like crazy, since getting my ph tester of amazon for £10, i tested my tap water and found it to be 7.1, ive still not checked the res, and for the rest of this grow i wont, if my plants have been growing and flowering like crazy using the water and nutrient i have been giving them then i wont change it just yet.

but as my tap water is 7.1, when my bpn products are added it will lower it to 5 to 6 so that is roughly ideal for hydro, but as i also grow in soil this would mean the ph is to low and possibly why i had stunted growth during the veg stage of growth, so when these have finished flowering ill check the ph, and adjust as needed, im told not to check the ph when you add the solution but to check it after its been added, and with soil check the run off then adjust as needed

Sup Yall

Photographic Update!

Installed my new fan, with some padding for vibration absorption.

IMG_24687.jpg
IMG_24717.jpg
IMG_24736.jpg

New cool tube.

IMG_24754.jpg

Some scenic plant shots.

IMG_24777.jpg
IMG_24798.jpg
IMG_24803.jpg
IMG_24814.jpg
IMG_24825.jpg

Setup shot.

IMG_24847.jpg

Construction of carbon filter.

IMG_24855.jpg
IMG_24866.jpg

Filter covered with stockings and put in place.

IMG_24874.jpg

:Namaste:

looking great mate, nice set up,

Thanks donpaul.

Back
Top Bottom