First Ever Grow - Seed from Bud

Re: First Ever Grow - Seed from Bud - Advice/Comments Needed!

thanks funny :)
These are photos are from today, 11/10/10 i got a couple of concerns... already :(

This morning i gave these 2 plants a tiny bit of nutes early at 1/4 strength, just for as an experiment.
rsz_photo368.jpg

A couple of days ago a few yellow spots appeared on some of the leaves on these plants, things got bad to worse quick on one of them, im getting a little worried about it now since it seems like its spreading, does anyone know whats going on ? :S maybe somethin to do with the water?
Photo367.jpg

Photo363.jpg

Photo366.jpg

oh and the small first leaves are what it seems to be rotting off, is this normal?

Every things looking good so far bro, just a question about your soil, did you add perlite or something to it to help with drainage?

Oh yeah and I wouldn't worry too much about stem size this early in growth, as long as theres a tiny bit of wind blowing against them they should get stronger, and if you get some REAL fat buds (hope so) then you can also tie it to a stake for support.

Careful about feeding nutes too early too. Depending on the soil your using, it most likely could already have sufficient nutes and adding more may burn them. If you want to try, remember to start at half dose and see how they respond first!

**Edit** Just noticed there was a page 2 LOL!

As for those holes, im not really sure. I have had spots like those show up on my girlfriends "just for fun" plant, but that had so many issues (Constantly erratic lighting, bad soil, under fed then over fed LOL and thats just a few!) I'm not really sure which what was causing them! There's some very experienced growers here that i'm sure will be able to give some top notch advice to you tho!

And I think its a new grower thing, to think initial growth rate is slow compared to others. I wouldnt let it bother ya any, I think your girls are gonna be just fine ;)

Every things looking good so far bro, just a question about your soil, did you add perlite or something to it to help with drainage?

Oh yeah and I wouldn't worry too much about stem size this early in growth, as long as theres a tiny bit of wind blowing against them they should get stronger, and if you get some REAL fat buds (hope so) then you can also tie it to a stake for support.

Careful about feeding nutes too early too. Depending on the soil your using, it most likely could already have sufficient nutes and adding more may burn them. If you want to try, remember to start at half dose and see how they respond first!

**Edit** Just noticed there was a page 2 LOL!

As for those holes, im not really sure. I have had spots like those show up on my girlfriends "just for fun" plant, but that had so many issues (Constantly erratic lighting, bad soil, under fed then over fed LOL and thats just a few!) I'm not really sure which what was causing them! There's some very experienced growers here that i'm sure will be able to give some top notch advice to you tho!

And I think its a new grower thing, to think initial growth rate is slow compared to others. I wouldnt let it bother ya any, I think your girls are gonna be just fine ;)

Hmm ill have a search around the forum soon on the yellow holes, as for the soil i didnt add anything to it.
Well hopefully the early nutes to the two plants gives it a kick, rather than burn them, if they do get burnt, what do i do to fix it?

~UPDATE~
Got bored so i made a stealthy custom built grow box :D, fits in the cupboard, right next to my pc haha :)

Hooked up a 100watter with a reflecter cap thingo, and 2 PC fans, planning on installing a another fan for an extra thick, strong stem :D I then got the runt from the other "garden" and put em in there, see how she goes aye :).

*Question: I smoke ciggarrettes, and weed in my room where the box is, would this kill or harm the plant in anyway? i wouldnt imagine they'd like the tobbaco smoke too much
Photo377.jpg

Photo378.jpg

Exterior of the box, almost no light leakage :)
Photo381.jpg

Anywho, the other plants are going well, i wasnt going to put up photos since theres no REAL growth, but theres new growth coming from everywhere on all of them! cant wait to see how they turn out! ;D

Peace

Moved the runt back outside and replaced it.
A quick picture update, see how the girls are doin (Sorry there bad, had to take them at night)
Biggest of them all (left)
rsz_photo435.jpg

Photo431.jpg

Runt on the right catching up slowing, but surely.
Photo434.jpg

The Family
Photo428.jpg

The runt (Orange clay pot) 1st 2 leaves at the bottom have pretty much shrived up and died, ill take a better picture of the damage tomorrow morning..

Looking real good for a first grow. You might be starting to have a problem with bugs. Im not sure what you may have but neem oil is always good for plants out doors they will kill off alot of harmful insects and they are in no way harmful unless over used.

Might also have a bit of burn causing the leaves to crisp or poor drainage from the pots. Just an idea?

Im in to tag along for this one!:thumb::morenutes:

Happy growin!

Looking real good for a first grow. You might be starting to have a problem with bugs. Im not sure what you may have but neem oil is always good for plants out doors they will kill off alot of harmful insects and they are in no way harmful unless over used.

Might also have a bit of burn causing the leaves to crisp or poor drainage from the pots. Just an idea?

Im in to tag along for this one!:thumb::morenutes:

Happy growin!

Hey thanks for replyin mate, means alot :)
Yeah i did kinda lean towards bug damage but it didnt really start to noticeably spread until now really, i cant say i even know what neem oil is i'll have a quick google check on that ina sec haha, could the simple soap and water spray work just as well? im not worrying too much on this though, im just happy there healthy and growing! Lol :yummy:
Cheers mate,
:blunt:

Yeah the soap could work but then again like you said if there healthy you may have nothing to worry about. After all you did have a storm a bit before you posted those picture, mabey it was just some stress from that being shown. :thumb:

Moved the runt back outside and replaced it.
A quick picture update, see how the girls are doin (Sorry there bad, had to take them at night)
Biggest of them all (left)
rsz_photo435.jpg

Photo431.jpg

Runt on the right catching up slowing, but surely.
Photo434.jpg

The Family
Photo428.jpg

The runt (Orange clay pot) 1st 2 leaves at the bottom have pretty much shrived up and died, ill take a better picture of the damage tomorrow morning..

these look good,just watch the water,too much or too little.seems like you
have it down just get some grows under your belt.good job Bro
:surf::peacetwo:

Yeah the soap could work but then again like you said if there healthy you may have nothing to worry about. After all you did have a storm a bit before you posted those picture, mabey it was just some stress from that being shown. :thumb:
Hmm thats true, we'll see how she goes in the next couple of days aye :)

these look good,just watch the water,too much or too little.seems like you
have it down just get some grows under your belt.good job Bro
:surf::peacetwo:
Thanks mate, hopefully this first grow will give me the experience i need, and hopefully come out of it with a decent yield to puff on :Rasta:

Hey Maffchew!

I'm in my first grow as well, just thought I'd share some things I've learned. First off, those tiny little stems are nothing to be scared of. Mine were brutal - 4" tall, and couldn't even stand up. They just fell over all the time. Couple weeks later and they're tanks.

Next, in future grows you'll want to change your soil. The pre-fertilized soil is a pain in the butt, as you can't control what you feed them. Odds are they're not getting an 'optimal blend' of nutrients, but if you add more to the soil, you can easily burn them (ferts in the soil + ferts in the water = too many ferts).

As the people have been saying, learn to love perlite, too. I filled the bottom 30% of my pots with perlite, then mixed the soil with about a 90:10 ratio. I've seen other growers use even more. Last night I let my girls go the longest they've been without water - really dried out the soil... they grew a lot during the dry spell. So... yeah. Drainage is good.

Anyway, cheers! Happy growing!

Subscribed.

Looking pretty good so far. Only real big suggestion I have is to cover the sides of your plastic bottles. If the light can get through the side of your flower pot, then what happens when the root gets around to growing out there? A friend did this with a seedling and the plant gets confused. It thinks it needs to spend energy growing toward the newly found light source, which means less energy toward growing upwards.

I recommend spray-painting it black, just be VERY careful not to spray your plant. Duct tape might work too - that shit will fix anything! Just use more than one layer, as I discovered when fixing holes in my tent that duct tape is not light-proof.

Edit: Also, make sure you have holes in the bottom of those pots/bottles. Even if you didn't mix in perlite for aeration, you should still drain them so you don't have water sitting in there... could cause root rot.

Hey Maffchew!

I'm in my first grow as well, just thought I'd share some things I've learned. First off, those tiny little stems are nothing to be scared of. Mine were brutal - 4" tall, and couldn't even stand up. They just fell over all the time. Couple weeks later and they're tanks.

Next, in future grows you'll want to change your soil. The pre-fertilized soil is a pain in the butt, as you can't control what you feed them. Odds are they're not getting an 'optimal blend' of nutrients, but if you add more to the soil, you can easily burn them (ferts in the soil + ferts in the water = too many ferts).

As the people have been saying, learn to love perlite, too. I filled the bottom 30% of my pots with perlite, then mixed the soil with about a 90:10 ratio. I've seen other growers use even more. Last night I let my girls go the longest they've been without water - really dried out the soil... they grew a lot during the dry spell. So... yeah. Drainage is good.

Anyway, cheers! Happy growing!

Thanks for the tips mate! i wasnt worrying about the stems now they've seemed to strengthen up now, as long as there keeping themselves up and not falling over.. oh and thanks for the dry spell tip :thumb: Cheers

Subscribed.

Looking pretty good so far. Only real big suggestion I have is to cover the sides of your plastic bottles. If the light can get through the side of your flower pot, then what happens when the root gets around to growing out there? A friend did this with a seedling and the plant gets confused. It thinks it needs to spend energy growing toward the newly found light source, which means less energy toward growing upwards.

I recommend spray-painting it black, just be VERY careful not to spray your plant. Duct tape might work too - that shit will fix anything! Just use more than one layer, as I discovered when fixing holes in my tent that duct tape is not light-proof.

Edit: Also, make sure you have holes in the bottom of those pots/bottles. Even if you didn't mix in perlite for aeration, you should still drain them so you don't have water sitting in there... could cause root rot.

First off, thanks for Subbing :)
Yeah i was kinda thinking about the light going through the plastic, i think ill just wrap em up in a couple of layers of duct tape on there and they'll be sweet until i move em to a bigger pot, and yes there are 5 holes on each plastic bottle, the drainage is sweet i think i got it down in that part (hopefully) :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom