First Grow - 600 Watt - Northern Lights Autos - AN Nutes

Thanks a my inline will be hear today some time! So I will get her rolling asap. I'm about to order a hooded light... Really had no idea this thing would put out this much heat its intense.

20151207_102812.jpg
20151207_102808.jpg
20151207_102804.jpg
20151207_102759.jpg
20151207_102754.jpg

I normally stick my hand on top of the plant for 30 seconds if your hand doesn't burn your plants won't. Also get that fan straight in when it arrives too much heat won't be too good I assume but saying that my blueberrys sometimes heat was sitting at 90 and still seemed to grow well (sorted temp now tho).

I'm using a 600w HPS and its crazy hot. Got 2 fans running inside and fan pushing cold air through yet it still gets to hot at times.

Yes its a vary powerful light. I have to fans blowing on the light now and a 4inch pulling out. If this 6 inch that's much more powerful does not do the trick I will have to get a hooded light. And I'm not opposed to that plus my wife said we need another light any way cuz it does not cover our tent as well as she would like lol

Ok every one I have my in line fan running wide open with 2 other fans pushing air two it and one pulling cool air in from my basement. This has not corrected my issue I will be buying a new light this week asap hopefully have it running buy this weekend. I should have know heat would be a issue I guess I just did not quite grasp the amount of heat these light put out. I learned my lesson just worried I have held my plants back a Lil hopefully they will blow up soon. Sorry for lack of pics spent a few hours last night trying to sort out his issue and came to this conclusion.

Any one using a hps that's not air cooled? Can you post your set up?
Hard to explain with out pix but. Inline carbon in top corner vented out side. HPS in middle of tent with fan blowing up on light from bottom of tent. I use 6" fan blowing at light. Then fan blowing air into tent. So, three fans, 2 are 6" inline at 590CFM, 440CFM. One 6" fan from home Depot. I use Ink bird ITC 803 ($38) thermostat, set both inline fans on cooling output from Ink bird to turn on at 72°. Tent will stay in control if your room temp is under 75. I hope this helps.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Thanks for the info sir. Yes I think for me at this point its just gonna be easier and cheaper to get a cooled hood. I have a 440 inline going and it really moves some air that's for sure with my fans pushing to it as well. I will def check out your jornal tho! I was thinking I would set up another room for veg or young autos with my winged light. I have one photo plant growing now. Did not think it would acully grow lol

I use a cooltube, but my next grow will be bare bulb. My current setup has my 590CFM pulling air through the cooltube out the window, carbon filter in tent on floor in corner. Both set to run off ink bird at 72°, this keeps tent at 75°, room stays in high 60's W/O AC.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Yes I feel like ac or some source of cool air is absolutely need to keep the temps wear they need to be these light put out a incredible amount of heat

Just a small up date again sorry for no new pictures not any major growth in the tent. I believe I have stunted them a bit with my heat issues but the good news is that will all end Saturday. I will be picking up my new light and going strait home and hanging it. I have all the plumbing for the system pretty much ready just need this stinking light. My work has been super swamped or I would have already had it sat is just the first day that I have had a break. O yes and the girls are just 7 days old so I hope my blunders will not effect my yeild to much. For my first attempt I will be happy with any thing I get!!!:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom