First Grow and Boy Am I Excited

I start college on Monday! I'm pretty excited though. I'm going for a 2 year degree in horticulture technology. One of my classes this quarter is Irrigation Fundamentals. Looking forward to learning some useful info there. Wish me luck everyone, as it is my first time back in school since 2003. This time I actually want to attend the classes!

All right guys, a little off topic, but still has a small 420 reference so I figured I could get away with showing you this. I keep forgetting to post this. One of the climbs he does is called Purple Haze.

YouTube - Dan Osman, No ropes, Sin Cuerdas, Free Solo

If there was only one word to describe this guy, "Epic" wouldn't do him justice.
He climbed with no ropes, bungee jumped with regular rope within several feet of impact, and all around did the most insane stuff I can imagine!

This guy was truly living his idea of "The American Dream" or for those in other parts, he was just truly happy doing what he enjoyed.:smokin:

Dude, Dan was a good friend of mine. He was definitely a one of a kind person. He is one of the people the got me climbing. I don't climb anymore, after my best friend died in my arms after a bad climbing accident. It took all the fun out of it for me. Plus i got kids that need me and stuff.

I start college on Monday! I'm pretty excited though. I'm going for a 2 year degree in horticulture technology. One of my classes this quarter is Irrigation Fundamentals. Looking forward to learning some useful info there. Wish me luck everyone, as it is my first time back in school since 2003. This time I actually want to attend the classes!

Well congratulations bigdeal! Great to hear you're bettering yourself with school like that. One can't get too much education.

Dude, Dan was a good friend of mine. He was definitely a one of a kind person. He is one of the people the got me climbing. I don't climb anymore, after my best friend died in my arms after a bad climbing accident. It took all the fun out of it for me. Plus i got kids that need me and stuff.

Wow, sorry to hear man, but as BD said, you've got your priorities straight.

Here are some updated pics. I've been busy lately with school starting.
Some might have a bluish tint because I forgot to change the setting on my camera (sorry).

Looking good.
P1000655.JPG

3 wks 12/12
P10006582.JPG

Without blue tint.
P1000670.JPG

Expanded clay and water for a little humidity (30% w/out the water, 35-38% w/water).
P1000669.JPG

Canopy
P1000671.JPG

Early signs of my problems on right side of image.
P10006572.JPG

More signs.
P1000690.JPG

P1000691.JPG

P1000691.JPG

bud
P10006572.JPG

Bud I was smoking on.
P1000683.JPG

Just waking up w/ some dual spectrum (T5 HO & 600w HPS)
P1000699.JPG

Nice head of hair.
P1000660.JPG

Thick canopy.
P1000687.JPG

Top down.
P1000689.JPG

Thinned but thick.
P1000694.JPG

Heres what's developing in the southern hemisphere.
P1000692.JPG

Here is when I discovered the amount of nutes I was *actually* giving them. They didn't drink for 2 days, and the nutes were at -/+ 1800ppm
P1000707.JPG

P1000706.JPG

P1000709.JPG

P1000709.JPG

I am positive that the yield will suffer because of this, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I won't need to pluck any bananas. I've re-adjusted my res, and am waiting to see how things perk up.:reading420magazine:

Ya they don't look bad at all. Have seen much worse.

Looks like mine did when I developed pH issues. It will recover just fine.

Thanks for the support guys, that's why I love this place.

I won't be able to post as much because I am a full-time student, working, and maintaining a relationship. I will most definitely post pics and updates at important times or when I have a chance. I will also be setting up a new grow area within the next couple months, so stay tuned!:smokin:

Thanks for the support guys, that's why I love this place.

I won't be able to post as much because I am a full-time student, working, and maintaining a relationship. I will most definitely post pics and updates at important times or when I have a chance. I will also be setting up a new grow area within the next couple months, so stay tuned!:smokin:

A NEW grow area? What could you possibly be missing here? Or are you just moving in to your buddies house?

A NEW grow area? What could you possibly be missing here? Or are you just moving in to your buddies house?

Yeah, sorry. By new, I meant moving my location to my buddies house. I should be moving by the end of the month. Now I just have to figure out what to do with my plant. It's like 4-5 weeks into flower.

Yeah, sorry. By new, I meant moving my location to my buddies house. I should be moving by the end of the month. Now I just have to figure out what to do with my plant. It's like 4-5 weeks into flower.

Well if you have your new grow area all setup you could carefully move the plant in a large box secure the pot well along the bottom and just keep enough liquid in the bottom to keep it for a short transport then get it immediately into its new home it should treat it as now worse then a really dark overcast day. Just make sure that you have the bucket well secure in the box and the plant wont tip over.

If you rent a cube van to do the move and make sure its the last thing to come out of the room you could actually use a portable air mattress inflater once its in the back of the truck to areate the water until it reaches your destiination, I have seen friends safely move a few plants mothers however but it is possible to do with any plant and some imagination and planning you can make it totaly inconspicuous.

I'll get some pictures up pretty soon. I'm in week 4 of flower. Starting to fill in a little more. I'm keeping the ppm at 800-950 and Ph from 5.7-6.4 (-/+.1). I am excited for the next grow because of some of the things I've already learned from this grow. I wish I could just be a full-time marijuana gardener, now that would be my dream job.

Hope everyone's Spring is off to a great start.

Outdoor anyone? I was thinking of sowing a few seeds here and there......

I'll get some pictures up pretty soon. I'm in week 4 of flower. Starting to fill in a little more. I'm keeping the ppm at 800-950 and Ph from 5.7-6.4 (-/+.1). I am excited for the next grow because of some of the things I've already learned from this grow. I wish I could just be a full-time marijuana gardener, now that would be my dream job.

Hope everyone's Spring is off to a great start.

Outdoor anyone? I was thinking of sowing a few seeds here and there......

I used to grownoutside all the time but since I built n this subdivision there's no way I can grow outside any more.

Back
Top Bottom