First Grow and Boy Am I Excited

Then Carbo Load it is! I'm a rookie with these nutes but so far (1 1/2 weeks), so good.

These AN nutes really seem to help hold the pH. I don't have enough experience with other brands so I can't compare. And truthfully I think my water helps the pH stability. But I'm couldn't ask for more at this time. And the carbo load is molasses refined to be most usable in a hydro system, it's some sticky stuff!

Funny you should say that about ph stability. I'm using RO water (17ppm) and mine is jumping all over the place. I know my res is clean and I have two new petco 12" air stones. Eating could be some of it but it seems to just too quick for normal intake. Did yours jump on the AN 2 part? If it's not the nutes the only thing left to do is to replace the airstones, airlines and give it one more good wash I suppose.

Funny you should say that about ph stability. I'm using RO water (17ppm) and mine is jumping all over the place. I know my res is clean and I have two new petco 12" air stones. Eating could be some of it but it seems to just too quick for normal intake. Did yours jump on the AN 2 part? If it's not the nutes the only thing left to do is to replace the airstones, airlines and give it one more good wash I suppose.

The PH in my 35 gallon system stays pretty stable. The PH in my 9 gallon systems goes up .1-.3 a day. Even if i have to add water to the 35 gal. res it only moves the PH a couple tenths if at all. I change everything and clean it all every 2 weeks. I PH the water I put in the small res's. I don't with the big res.It is normal for the PH to rise during the week. I start at 5.5 and let it rise to 6.5 then PH it back down to 5.5 with Ph'ed water, slowly over the course of a week.

I'd keep it simple this first grow. 1-2-3 will give you everything you need for a good grow and the extras are more about production. I've heard good things about the Big Bud also and would add that if you feel the need to push it but I'm new to the AN 2 part and I'm going to use just that on this grow so I have a base line to judge any additives later.

Thanks for the advice. I think I will K.I.S.S. this time around so as to set a base line. Good advice, bud.

I'm using the Big Bud this time along with the AN Sensi Flower A&B and Liquid Carbo Load. I think you'd really want to try adding some sugar, that's the liquid carbo load.

I'm subscribed now.

Thanks for subscribing bud! I think I will add those in next time. I was thinking of production, but this is my first grow. I think I just need to get a feel for it first before I start doing all the cool supplementations that are out there. Thanks for the info on Liquid Carbo Load.

Wow, the grow is looking real nice, my friend!! You have a great setup going and have done your homework. Best of luck to you!!

Thanks for the kind words bud! It most definitely pays to be prepared.

love the set up db422 :bravo::roorrip: peace

Thanks for stopping by and showing some love. Also, thanks for the Roor bong rip.:grinjoint:

Big, Nice lookin cloner you got going there. The Girls look good too, that h2o2 really picked them up! I wanted to check out what you had going on, sorry I can't help with the nutes. Thanks for the Popcorn. :popcorn:

Thanks for checking the grow out bud! No problem with the nutes, partner. Eat all of the popcorn you want. I'd give you guys *popcorn* buds but I can't figure out how to download/upload them.

So, I was a little medicated the other night. I messed around with different settings on my TDS meter and ended up using the wrong conversion scale without catching it (must have held down the wrong button). My poor plants got an excessive dose of nutrients this last rez change. I came in and they looked a little unhappy. I'll post some pics later. Some purpling of the stems, yellowing of leaves, droopiness, brown spots (necrosis?), and curling of leaves.

I've changed out the rez and lowered my nutes down to about 800-900 ppm for today and tomorrow. Hopefully the nute lockout will cease and the ladies will start drinking! The sativa dominant lady is definitely worse off than the indica dominant one.

I'm not doing this grow for the yield. I am just doing it for the hands on knowledge, or as I put it, getting my feet wet.

Lesson learned.:smokin:

Howdy Big! Just thought I'd take a look at your fine looking grow. Again I now nothing of growing in water but I still like to look! Looking through your last pics (looking great) I noticed you were wondering about the different size leaves. One has a strong indica look and the other I would think is indica just some sativa genetics in the mix. My mostly indica NL doesn't look that much different than that narrower one. Nice work.:thumb:

So, I was a little medicated the other night. I messed around with different settings on my TDS meter and ended up using the wrong conversion scale without catching it (must have held down the wrong button). My poor plants got an excessive dose of nutrients this last rez change. I came in and they looked a little unhappy. I'll post some pics later. Some purpling of the stems, yellowing of leaves, droopiness, brown spots (necrosis?), and curling of leaves.
I've changed out the rez and lowered my nutes down to about 800-900 ppm for today and tomorrow. Hopefully the nute lockout will cease and the ladies will start drinking! The sativa dominant lady is definitely worse off than the indica dominant one.
I'm not doing this grow for the yield. I am just doing it for the hands on knowledge, or as I put it, getting my feet wet.

Lesson learned.:smokin:

yes, you always need to be careful of over feeding.

You know, I never go over 900 ppm during the whole grow, I'm at about 350 now, but I'm at the end of my grow getting ready to flush and go with straight water for the last week.

I've found that high nute concentrations only cause trouble. A moderate feeding schedule will give the same results with little problem with nute burn.

Everything in moderation, a good formula for living too!

Woodsman, thanks for stopping by and showing some love. Thanks for solidifying what I was leaning towards. I figured one was just expressing the sativa side a little more than the other.

FPF, thank you for the sound advice. Growing up, I always had the mindset that more was better. That did nothing other than get me into trouble. In my 24 years on this planet, I'd say I have learned a lot, but there is much more to learn.:reading420magazine:
I totally agree with you on the part about moderation. I tell myself everything is okay as long as it is in moderation. Balance and Harmony are also very important to me. :peacetwo:

All right guys, a little off topic, but still has a small 420 reference so I figured I could get away with showing you this. I keep forgetting to post this. One of the climbs he does is called Purple Haze.

YouTube - Dan Osman, No ropes, Sin Cuerdas, Free Solo

If there was only one word to describe this guy, "Epic" wouldn't do him justice.
He climbed with no ropes, bungee jumped with regular rope within several feet of impact, and all around did the most insane stuff I can imagine!

This guy was truly living his idea of "The American Dream" or for those in other parts, he was just truly happy doing what he enjoyed.:smokin:

Woodsman, thanks for stopping by and showing some love. Thanks for solidifying what I was leaning towards. I figured one was just expressing the sativa side a little more than the other.

FPF, thank you for the sound advice. Growing up, I always had the mindset that more was better. That did nothing other than get me into trouble. In my 24 years on this planet, I'd say I have learned a lot, but there is much more to learn.:reading420magazine:
I totally agree with you on the part about moderation. I tell myself everything is okay as long as it is in moderation. Balance and Harmony are also very important to me. :peacetwo:

Good job. As they say, a smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from others.

Makes sense to me.

24, so you were born in 1986, I had my first knee operation October 15th, 1975, 11 years before you were born! Trust me, I've got a lot left to learn, that's why we're here bro!

No, I have a friend who used to, and he turned me on to this guy. He must have felt so amazing conquering those rocks with nothing but his god given flesh and bone. I just think stuff like this is inspiring.

No, I have a friend who used to, and he turned me on to this guy. He must have felt so amazing conquering those rocks with nothing but his god given flesh and bone. I just think stuff like this is inspiring.

I agree, it is inspiring, it scares the hell out of me! But I do admire what those people do, amazing!

I've got an old room mate who has summited Mt. Everest three times! He's a real trip, one of my oldest friends around here, I met him over 30 years ago.

hey bigdeal,

lookin good bro. I'm sure the girls will rebound from being pissed off. Let's hope they get happier tomorrow. :cheer:

Growing is such a learning experience. I'm literally learning things at breakneck pace on my first grow. Every day seems to bring with it new concerns I had not though of the day before. It's stressful & relaxing at the same time. Even a little pitiful micro grow like I'm doing.

I'm still watching the thread :popcorn:

I just looked into my rez, and I saw something rather nice. I saw new roots growing off of the main roots, so they must be liking their more relaxed feeding. I'm going to slowly ramp up to 900-1000 ppm and then back off the last week and 1/2 before harvest (I'm shooting for 8-10 weeks flowering, and I'm 3 weeks in). Ordering some H2o2 online tomorrow! We need an H2o2 retailer sponsor, or if we do, could someone direct me? ;)

Back
Top Bottom