First Grow and Boy Am I Excited

What's everyone doing for 4/20? I'm taking my girlfriend, and we are going to judge cannabis that's been grown locally. I bought a judges pass to this event, and I have gone to 2 in the past that were put on by the same groups. Tons of fun, good vibes, and usually a raffle of some sort with crazy prizes, i.e. 50-100 different variety bong rips (collected and labeled over several months). Also the munchies are provided (and by the way, they go all out! Raw food, Vegan dishes, and traditional food. Plus they usually have a medicated chocolate fondue fountain......:yummy:)

I like to think of the $100 as a charitable contribution, as it goes to a cannabis defense fund, and other various patient centered organizations/groups.

What's everyone doing for 4/20? I'm taking my girlfriend, and we are going to judge cannabis that's been grown locally. I bought a judges pass to this event, and I have gone to 2 in the past that were put on by the same groups. Tons of fun, good vibes, and usually a raffle of some sort with crazy prizes, i.e. 50-100 different variety bong rips (collected and labeled over several months). Also the munchies are provided (and by the way, they go all out! Raw food, Vegan dishes, and traditional food. Plus they usually have a medicated chocolate fondue fountain......:yummy:)

I like to think of the $100 as a charitable contribution, as it goes to a cannabis defense fund, and other various patient centered organizations/groups.

Sounds like a trip man. They are having the Canabis Crown in Aspen this weekend but I'm down in Denver for a couple days.

"(if anyone knows if it is ok for a MMJ patient to have a scale please let me know with some sort of reference)"

I can not give you a reference, but I can give you a simple legal reason for having scales( and I would argue, the law almost forces a cardholder to have one)and that simple reason is you need the scales to make sure you are in complience with the law. My Doc gave me a limit of 5 grams a day; how am I going to know if I had that amount or not unless the material gets weighed?
How's that?

"(if anyone knows if it is ok for a MMJ patient to have a scale please let me know with some sort of reference)"

I can not give you a reference, but I can give you a simple legal reason for having scales( and I would argue, the law almost forces a cardholder to have one)and that simple reason is you need the scales to make sure you are in complience with the law. My Doc gave me a limit of 5 grams a day; how am I going to know if I had that amount or not unless the material gets weighed?
How's that?

Also Michael dont forget we here in canada have to keep minimal records of our grows such as final dry weight and we also have a maximum storage weight for myself I am allowed to have 2300g in storage not including the 300g I am allowed per month. So without a scale we would also not be able to keep our stored quantity within our HC limit also if a patient is ingesting there cannabis they would need scales to make sure there is a balanced amount put into each brownie ,muffin or whatever.

I actually believe there is also a posting on this site in one of the new forums of a mmj patient who was pulled over and they found a jar with 30 grams in it as well as 2 dozen muffins containing cannabis and his scale. The police charged the patient with possesion for the purpose but he was able to beat the charge by explaining to the judge that he is using it medicinally with reccomendation from his DR and that the scale was to make sure that each muffin only contained 1 gram of cannabis.

How's that?

Also Michael dont forget we here in canada have to keep minimal records of our grows such as final dry weight and we also have a maximum storage weight for myself I am allowed to have 2300g in storage not including the 300g I am allowed per month. So without a scale we would also not be able to keep our stored quantity within our HC limit also if a patient is ingesting there cannabis they would need scales to make sure there is a balanced amount put into each brownie ,muffin or whatever.

I actually believe there is also a posting on this site in one of the new forums of a mmj patient who was pulled over and they found a jar with 30 grams in it as well as 2 dozen muffins containing cannabis and his scale. The police charged the patient with possesion for the purpose but he was able to beat the charge by explaining to the judge that he is using it medicinally with reccomendation from his DR and that the scale was to make sure that each muffin only contained 1 gram of cannabis.

Thanks for the input guys, that really makes me feel a lot better about having a scale.:thanks:

I would just buy a set of kitchen scales and when you weight your buds just use a container so no residue end up on the scales and keep them in the kitchen. I only say to keep the scale in the kitchen because if its with your pot then cops if they want to be dicks can use it against you.

Yes scales are legal. If you have too much stuff and they want to prosecute you for intent to distribute then the scales will become part of that. But if you're legal - then so are the scales. As far as where you keep them - again - if you're legal then it doesn't matter - if you're illegal - I don't care if you have them buried in the back yard, they will get thrown in the pile with everything else to be used against you.

:peace::nicethread:

Can't wait to show some pics. I'll do it soon, as they are nice and crystalline now! Also smells like a tropical fruit that a cat sh*t on. Hopefully I won't have to send you guys a pic of me heading to my new location with my bucket in my passenger side seat..... Harvest is counting down and so is my moving date (which is a little flexible thanks to some really cool landlords, so we will see which comes first :smokin:). Doing awesome in school also.

:welcome: Everyone who's stopping by.
:peace::roorrip:

This grow is finished. I harvested around an ounce and it was decent for my first time. Nothing that I would want to smoke on the regular, but I learned interesting lessons and am lookin forward to giving it a go again.

I've been having to move alot so I dont have a garden set up at the moment, but Iplan on it soon. I will start another journal when the time comes, but I will be scouring the pages here for great info in the meantime. Thanks everyone, and may life be bountiful to you.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom