First Grow and Boy Am I Excited

bigdeal422

:welcome: I look forward to being able to provide my own regulated medicine soon. I have learned a lot in the past several months browsing through all the useful and helpful info on the web about growing. I am slowly acquiring my equipment as the funds are available to me (I have bills dammit, bills!). I will post some pics of what I have so far.

My 2ft x 4 Light T5HO w/ grow bulbs

600W HPS in AC reflector w/ glass

Side by side comparison of the light spectrum

Ballast

Sun Hut XXL w/ divider

Inside the Sun Hut XXL I

Inside the Sun Hut XXL II

Sun Hut XXL zipped up (except for one zipper, oops!)

Passive air intake I

Passive air intake II
Set_Up_0181.jpg

Nutrients and whatnot

Yo-yo's for T5 HO
Set_Up_0381.jpg

Sweet timer I found at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. for less than $20us, has two recepticles, battery back-up (for time/timer not power to light) and can handle up to 1000w!
Set_Up_041.jpg

I will post more photos in a little bit. Thanks for stoppin in to see me!

More Gear pics.

Ph & Tds meters
P1000239.jpg

Dual Diaphragm air pump
P1000243.jpg

Ball valve plumbed into a 5 gallon bucket (these valves suck though, as they leak slowly from inside the valve even when closed)
Set_Up_045.jpg

Sucky valve again (looking for replacements or might just plug/cap them)
P1000116.jpg

Some buds I'm smokin while I post this.
P1000231.jpg

Shiva & Sour Diesel (TASTEY:roorrip:)
P1000285.jpg

More to come. Thanks again.

Wow BD, I like the setup! Looks like you got all the tools necessary for an excellent grow. What strain(s) have you decided on? Either way, I'll be following along with this one!
Good luck with the grow!

P.s. I am in the South Sound area as well. It's great to see a fellow W. Washingtonian on these forums. :thumb:

Thanks everyone for stopping by and checking it out. I am uploading pics as we speak and will have them posted within a couple hours at the most.

Conquer: As far as strains, all I have is some bag seed I've saved from any good weed I've had in the last year so I do have an assortment. W. WA is a great place. Tons of clean air, beautiful beaches, mountains, and green as far as the eye can see. Check out moslowjj. He is also PNW and you *need* to see his greenhouse grow, and also read his story, he is a survivor!:yahoo:

Botanist: Thanks bud, I've been doing a lot of research, and have been putting aside money when I can. All of this stuff has been acquired over a 6-9 month period, so I have been burning my eyeballs out reading/learning through these Internet forums!

TBD: Thanks for the positive words man.:surf: But as far as cleanliness goes, I'm trying to learn/maintain working in a sterile(ish) environment and that is a work in progress (i.e. forget to put on gloves, rinse probes, etc). Doing alright so far though.

Oh, and I have a plant limit in WA state. 15 plants (any stage/size) and a 60 day supply (24 dried ounces) as stated in RCW 69.51A. So I am not to worried about maintaining a bunch of plants as I have seen some awesome production from just several plants in DWC. And as far as harvest goes I will just have to guess-timate amount as I don't want to risk having a scale (if anyone knows if it is ok for a MMJ patient to have a scale please let me know with some sort of reference). I am a law abiding citizen and I try to keep to myself, but I just want to do everything in my power to protect myself in case some atrocity against my rights were ever to take place.

I'm very interested in learning more about techniques like super cropping, LST, FIM/topping, and anything else that maximizes tops. Any direction to good threads would be much appreciated.

Thanks for dropping in Thistle. May both of us have a bountiful harvest of wonderful medicine!

Here's some pics.

My new fan (sorry it's a little blurry).
P1000296.JPG

My new fan.
P10002942.JPG

Reference Manual
P10003271.JPG

Home Defense and some 6" ducting.
P10003332.JPG

Now I am going to attempt to mount my fan using bungee cords inside my tent so we will see how this turns out. Stay tuned folks, but please forgive me for being slow. When I sit at the computer my back will spasm if I am there for to long so I have to take breaks and medicate every once in a while.:yummy:

Thanks for dropping in Thistle. May both of us have a bountiful harvest of wonderful medicine!

Here's some pics.

My new fan (sorry it's a little blurry).
P1000296.JPG

My new fan.
P10002942.JPG

Reference Manual
P10003271.JPG

Home Defense and some 6" ducting.
P10003332.JPG

Now I am going to attempt to mount my fan using bungee cords inside my tent so we will see how this turns out. Stay tuned folks, but please forgive me for being slow. When I sit at the computer my back will spasm if I am there for to long so I have to take breaks and medicate every once in a while.:yummy:

Shit bud, wish I was this organized when I first started out. i would of saved my self years of wasting time!:welldone:

Alright, so I rigged my ventilation up almost all of the way. I still need to attach my exhaust ducting and run it out of my tent, but it is getting late (or early). I am going to pull air through my light (no filter until necessary for smell, and then one of those new Organic Air Triple Layer Charcoal Fiber Filters). I am either going to buy the speedster or some sort of temp/humidity controller I could plug my fan into. For my situation I am leaning toward the speedster as noise is somewhat of an issue at full blast(with the speedster will my fan have to run 24/7, or what are the options?).

Here's some pics I snapped real quick.

ValuLine fan suspended with bungee cords from tent cross bars (I bent in the mounting brackets after this pic so they were flush with the fan after I hit my head one time to many).

P10003362.JPG

Another pic of the fan.

P10003381.JPG

Some pics of the fan hooked up to draw air through the reflector and out of the tent.

P10003351.JPG

P10003372.JPG

P1000339.JPG

A couple ft of ducting for mobility of exhaust intake at various stages of growth since it is attached to the light (I plant to attach my filter to this at some point).

P10003401.JPG

Well, thats about it. I feel like I have been productive today so that is good. I have been giving "the grow" some thought and I would really like to try making a fogponic cloner. I went to a couple pet stores today and the best deal I found on the device was $50 so I figured I'd look on-line. Somewhere on here there is a DIY on making one and that is what I plan to go by.
I really like the idea of a perpetual harvest (I was thinking something in the range of 1 clone/veg area, 1 early flower area, and 1 late flower area roughly 3-5 weeks apart?) With plant limits, I was thinking only have 2-3 plants in each flowering stage and then the rest in clone/veg so I could be more picky about who I decide to put into flower based on whatever criteria I feel necessary.

:thanks: for checkin in folks!:peacetwo:

Nice set up Bigdeal. Looks good. I've got the same fan as you, you're gonna love it. It sucks air like a beast.

+rep on set up ;)

dro:surf:

Wow man, As said a few times before by others I'm very impressed with your organization and initial setup!

Looks like your off to a near perfect start! +reps for that

If your still looking for some valves for your bucket... one of our sponsors (Stealth Hydroponics) sells some that have worked great for me personally. They are just a little pricey, but sure do the job. If your interested here is this link to them: SH Hydroponics, Inc. > Pro Drainage Kit

:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

LedTester: Thanks for checking me out and for the kind words bud. I love your
LEDvs1000w test, great stuff!

Thistle3583: I plan on getting the Active Air carbon filter and mounting it to my reflector. I am sucking air through my reflector w/ the fan in the tent, and blowing the air through ducting out the top of the tent (I'm still actually trying different configurations at the moment so I don't have pics yet). You also have a great journal too! Some of those buds look tasty!

DroJo: Thanks for the +rep bud! The fan does kick ass. I'm going to buy a speedster for it. Do you control yours and if so, how? By the way I love your sig!

Wowtestdrive: Thanks for the advice on the valves! I'm gonna go check those out later. Appreciate the kind words bud, and you have yourself a pretty nice grow going too.

BayAreaStoner: I will grow outdoors one day, and I am excited for that day to come! With doing my research on indoors, I've found it's best to come prepared. You are "Mother Nature" when it comes to an indoor grow, as you control earth, wind, water, and food. I want to make my plants happy like mother nature makes me happy! I'm looking forward to see how your ladies do outdoors.

Afka: I have some bag seed started in one of my bubble buckets as I wanted to make sure everything runs smoothly for my first grow. I don't know if I will even grow these out (if there even is a female). I am looking around my area for clones (without much luck) but I think I might order some seeds on-line soon. I want good genetics. I believe if you are going to dedicate time and money to do something then you better do it right and go for the gusto. I love the idea of putting in labor and love and then reaping the rewards (buds).

Haha thanks bro. I actually don't have mine on a controller. It cools my 1k hood off inline. I've got one of those cheap boosters for my tent itself. Keep up the good work bro. It will pay off :blushsmile:;)

Go for it with the bagseed, if it was a good smoke, I bet with you can match it in quality, or even make it better. I can feel the passion from here!

The plants must catch on to those good vibrations, feel the love and grow wonderfully.

Well folks, I organized my tent tonight, and took some pics in the process. I will probably get around to posting them tomorrow though. It is so exciting to read through peoples journals and look at their pics. I can already picture my tent full of beautiful buds.

I've been trying to do more research on the whole feeding technique for Hydro. I feel a bit overwhelmed with all of the Ph and TDS (ppm) info out there. Does anyone have any good suggestions on where to get really informitive yet simple outlines on this stuff?

Back
Top Bottom