First Grow and Boy Am I Excited

Lookin healthy BigDeal...

:popcorn: thanks for the free popcorn ;)

No problem Dro. If I could, I'd include free bud samples as well, but I just can't figure out how to transmit chronic from one computer to another. Go figure...:nomo:

Anyways, I've been giving the grow some thought, and I would really like to start up a perpetual harvest. I was thinking about having 2 different phases of flowering going at all times. Here is what I imagine.....
  1. Veg/Clone Room/Area: T5 HO's @ 20/4 hours
  2. Flower Room/Area: 2 Phases of flowering, 4-5 weeks apart (depending on strain(s)), air cooled 600w HPS @ 12/12 hours
I am waiting for more money, but as soon as I get payed I am planning on constructing a clone machine. From the clone machine, I am thinking about transferring to net pot lids w/ expanded clay. During veg they will be in 2 1/2 gallon DWC buckets (Air pump/Air stone). When they are old/big enough, I am going to take cuttings and put them in the cloner. I will then put the veg plants into the flowering room. I will just transfer net pot lids to 5 gallon DWC buckets with recommended flowering nutes.
I live in a state with plant limits, so I don't want any mother plants taking up my valued numbers. Is there a recovery period after taking cuttings, or is it ok to just throw the plants into flower?
I was reading some info on the web posted by Subcool (plant breeder, TGA), and he claims that he doesn't use any mothers because he just clones the plants before budding them. He doesn't go into much detail about this though. Does anyone here have experience doing this?

No problem Dro. If I could, I'd include free bud samples as well, but I just can't figure out how to transmit chronic from one computer to another. Go figure...:nomo:

Anyways, I've been giving the grow some thought, and I would really like to start up a perpetual harvest. I was thinking about having 2 different phases of flowering going at all times. Here is what I imagine.....
  1. Veg/Clone Room/Area: T5 HO's @ 20/4 hours
  2. Flower Room/Area: 2 Phases of flowering, 4-5 weeks apart (depending on strain(s)), air cooled 600w HPS @ 12/12 hours
I am waiting for more money, but as soon as I get payed I am planning on constructing a clone machine. From the clone machine, I am thinking about transferring to net pot lids w/ expanded clay. During veg they will be in 2 1/2 gallon DWC buckets (Air pump/Air stone). When they are old/big enough, I am going to take cuttings and put them in the cloner. I will then put the veg plants into the flowering room. I will just transfer net pot lids to 5 gallon DWC buckets with recommended flowering nutes.
I live in a state with plant limits, so I don't want any mother plants taking up my valued numbers. Is there a recovery period after taking cuttings, or is it ok to just throw the plants into flower?
I was reading some info on the web posted by Subcool (plant breeder, TGA), and he claims that he doesn't use any mothers because he just clones the plants before budding them. He doesn't go into much detail about this though. Does anyone here have experience doing this?

I have heard many people say a week. Though i never noticed any adverse affects from cloning any of my plants. That being said, i never take more than 2 clones from each plant. So far.

Plant limits blow. In Montana its 6 plants and an ounce of bud. Obviously written by people who have no clue how to grow mary jane. I am lucky that my wife has her card and that i am her caregiver and she is mine so i can have 24 plants and a QP. If i was stuck with only 6 plants it would be a lot more difficult to do anything worthwhile.

The plants look great! Sorry to hear you got a majority of males. Clone the fems and next time around you know exactly what you got.

PEACE!

Here are some pics. I have just switched my lights to 12/12 it's been about a week.

Here are the 2 plants.
P1000431.JPG

Here is a shot from under the canopy.
P10004271.JPG

Is this normal/abnormal? This is the top of the smaller plant.
P10004261.JPG

I have noticed some of the new leaves are more yellowish through the middle, but still green along the edges. I will take some pics and post them later.
I've been trying to figure out the best way to take pictures under my HPS. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be much appreciated.:thanks:

Hey big,

Everything is looking pretty groovy man, this is a killer first grow thus far. +rep brother

That last pic you showed looks 110% normal...thats just new growth bulging out of the top.

To do a grow with no mothers its just a perpetual sytem with usually a cloning area, veg area then a flower room.

Ive seen it done with 3 cycles of flowering started 3 weeks apart and there is always 1 cycle of clones and one of veg.

Start with clones...3 weeks later...move them to veg..3 weeks later...take clones then put them in the cloner then move the veg plants to flower....3 weeks later new clones are taken from veg, veg moves to the 2nd cycle of flower...old clones move to veg...and so on. Im not sure where on this site there is a perpetual grow but you can google stinkbud and he has the system down good!

This system doesn't work great in my state because clones count towards my 12 plants allowed and thats just a waste...but some states only flowering plants or mature veg plants count and this is perfect for them

I have heard many people say a week. Though i never noticed any adverse affects from cloning any of my plants. That being said, i never take more than 2 clones from each plant. So far.

Plant limits blow. In Montana its 6 plants and an ounce of bud. Obviously written by people who have no clue how to grow mary jane. I am lucky that my wife has her card and that i am her caregiver and she is mine so i can have 24 plants and a QP. If i was stuck with only 6 plants it would be a lot more difficult to do anything worthwhile.

That trully sucks the states really need to look at the canadian mmj program and how we work out amounts our Dr's actually precribe us a daily doseage and they determine the number of plants based on the grams/day you are prescribed. They work it out as 1g/day = 5 plants so with my prescription for 10g/day I am allowed 50 plants in any stage of growth and my storage limit is 2600grams so enough 2 last 8 months so that if you have a crop failure you have enough to last untill you can grow a new crop if you are growing from seed every time. Hell our govt even sells us seeds from the strain they grow and sell to patients who dont want to grow there own.

That trully sucks the states really need to look at the canadian mmj program and how we work out amounts our Dr's actually precribe us a daily doseage and they determine the number of plants based on the grams/day you are prescribed. They work it out as 1g/day = 5 plants so with my prescription for 10g/day I am allowed 50 plants in any stage of growth and my storage limit is 2600grams so enough 2 last 8 months so that if you have a crop failure you have enough to last untill you can grow a new crop if you are growing from seed every time. Hell our govt even sells us seeds from the strain they grow and sell to patients who dont want to grow there own.

Jeez, i need to move to Canada. How hard is it to immigrate?

Jeez, i need to move to Canada. How hard is it to immigrate?

Actually if you dont have a criminal record its not to hard and if you are a self employed type who is likely to start a business and hire canadians even easier. But if you have family in canada you can always just come spend 6 months at a time and still have a canadian MMAD licence that is the actual name of the division of health canada that deals with the licencing it stands for medical marihuana access division.

That is how it should be Cateros, but unfortunately, there has been a lot of money made off marijauna being illegal, the propaganda still has people convinced, and there are "more important things" to deal with. One day though, one day.... Oh, by the way, I think this smiley looks like a rasta french candaian :cool:

Nic, if you move, you should put me up for a couple weeks so I too could join our brothers to the north. I've always wanted a green (immigration) card.....;)

I got stoned last night on my Volcano so I decided I'd post pics this morning.

At least I remembered to take pictures....
P1000488.JPG

Here's the culprit.
P1000481.JPG

Some yellowing of my newer growth has been occurring. This is a normal leaf w/ a yellowish one in upper right corner.
P1000457.JPG

Here is a yellowish leaf (HPS makes it a little more yellow than it is).
P1000461.JPG

A close up of the Afgooey I've been smoking.
P10004471.JPG

Here's a top view. Most of those tops belong to just one of the ladies.
P10004511.JPG

On another note, if you shop at a hydroponics store, ask them to contact Advanced Nutrients about their magazine, Rosebud. Lots of cool stuff inside pertaining to gardening and our "culture".

Here is a pic I took of the price and barcode. I like what it says on the bottom.
P1000463.JPG

It's pretty cool that they are giving back something like this to customers! I've always thought AN is overpriced, but at least you get a beautifuly printed magazine out of it.:grinjoint:

Anyone have any input on the yellowing leaves? My Ph is 5.8. Ppm is at 1160, rez temp is from 68F-74F (lights off/on). I am following AN's feeding recommendations. I use tap water which comes out a 45 Ppm. I did switch from a T5 to a HPS about a week ago (I kept the T5 on with the Hps for a couple days and now I just use the Hps). Let me know if there is more info you need. Thanks everyone!:peacetwo:

So, I'm really medicated tonight. I was doing some surfing of the net, and came across some crazy ass Anti-marijuana website.

Marijuana - InfoFacts - NIDA

So I scrolled down to the references and found a test study done by some Dr. or something. Title is: Neuropsychological Performance in Long-term Cannabis Users

Arch Gen Psychiatry -- Neuropsychological Performance in Long-term Cannabis Users, October 2001, Pope et al. 58 (10): 909

Anyways, if you read those, you are either bored or interested. I came across a paragraph that was interesting. I've always heard how pot kills your brain cells, and it makes you stupid, and all that jargon. Guess it really doesn't but they just keep saying it anyways (sounds better for the anti-drug campaign).

The paucity of significant differences between the cannabis and control groups at day 28, together with the lack of significant associations between test scores and lifetime cannabis consumption, suggests that cannabis-associated cognitive deficits may be reversible phenomena associated with recent drug exposure, rather than irreversible phenomena associated with cumulative lifetime use.

I am to lazy to reference this but the link is above.

Like I said, I'm well medicated, so my cognitive performance is sub-par.;)

Hello Big, This is some fine grow ya got going! I think you've got just about everything needed to keep you busy for decades! Looks like you enjoy growing and that's the point (along with having good smoke). I'm not versed on too well on 'hydro' as I'm still working on the basics of soil. I'll be keeping an eye over here though. Best of everything to ya bud! Reps on a nice beginning!:goodjob:

So, I'm really medicated tonight. I was doing some surfing of the net, and came across some crazy ass Anti-marijuana website.

Marijuana - InfoFacts - NIDA

So I scrolled down to the references and found a test study done by some Dr. or something. Title is: Neuropsychological Performance in Long-term Cannabis Users

Arch Gen Psychiatry -- Neuropsychological Performance in Long-term Cannabis Users, October 2001, Pope et al. 58 (10): 909

Anyways, if you read those, you are either bored or interested. I came across a paragraph that was interesting. I've always heard how pot kills your brain cells, and it makes you stupid, and all that jargon. Guess it really doesn't but they just keep saying it anyways (sounds better for the anti-drug campaign).

The paucity of significant differences between the cannabis and control groups at day 28, together with the lack of significant associations between test scores and lifetime cannabis consumption, suggests that cannabis-associated cognitive deficits may be reversible phenomena associated with recent drug exposure, rather than irreversible phenomena associated with cumulative lifetime use.

I am to lazy to reference this but the link is above.

Like I said, I'm well medicated, so my cognitive performance is sub-par.;)

Dude If you like that article do I have a movie for you !

It's called The Union : The business behind getting high
You can Google search and come up with a streaming in no time !

It is a very good documentary IMO.

Your ladies are looking good ! I'll be watching ! + Rep
MJ420:peace:

Thanks guys. That is a great documentary. I love the grow op in the mountains; the twenty shipping containers buried underground (would have loved to see it in action!).

Another great documentary is Grass.

Back
Top Bottom