First Grow Ever - Soil

Portal rodent. . . . . Hahahahaha I guess I'm the only one that seen that. Gotta love alice in wonderland ggrant. Hookah smoking caterpillars and what not.

Hey Alice in Wonderland was one of my favorite movies ..Absolum the caterpillar was the man...lol

Jefferson Airplane was the inspiration for my name on here. I'm 20 and trying to keep great music like that alive!! I use CheshireGrins on a couple other accounts I have on the web. Poor Alice!!

i went ahead and put some light ratchets on so i could adjust the lights and not have to move the plants themselves. not a very good pic sorry.
photo-1.PNG

i know I'm posting a'lot of pics but i can't help it.
photo_357.JPG
photo_282.JPG
photo_1127.JPG

Keep those pics comming!! lol... There looking really good!! just to add to the above discussion...ive only done from clone so far...but I usually give them around a week of 24/0 and then 18/6 till flower...

HAHAHAHAHAHA i love pics, and my girls are so good at posing for me!!!! ICEMUD i hope to clone after my first run. seeds were a little bit of a hassle.

Here's a pretty decent description with photo's...

What are preflowers?

Basicly if you see the lil white hairs, then you have female, if you see balls then its male..(not a joke...lol)

Well I thought that was about how it went, but I wasn't to sure how long I would have to keep them before they started showing male/female signs.

You answered my question btw I have a 3 week wait hahaha

In your dreams, Mr. Rodent! You won't see any signs of sex until around 5 - 10 days of flowering. I assume you're going to veg for six weeks?

Not sure what you meant about cloning after your first run. Are you intending to clone these plants or are you going to start another batch from seed and clone those?

Well, President Ulyesses, the link Icemud posted says preflowers appear after the fourth week of vegetation from seed.

I plan on cloning off the current plants I have, being that I even have a female plant out of what has been growing.

i can never tell if the plant is male or female until it switches light cycle, you must have to really know what your looking for if you can tell the sex before you switch the light cycle. all the nodes just look like stems with tiny little green things coming out i dont see male pollen sacks or female white pistils before i switch light cycle. I assume you could cut a clone off your plant and put it in 12/12 so it will show you sex

Mouse Man,

Well, President Ulyesses
Took me a couple of seconds to figure that out. Good one!

I was going to say that I stand corrected about preflowers. I guess I was thinking more about actual flowers. Maybe an expert can detect the preflowers before 12/12, but I can't. It's the distinctive white hairs of the actual flowers that gives it away for me.

If you had started from feminized seeds, you wouldn't have to worry about which plants to clone. Since you may have a mix of male and female plants, you need to clone a selection from different plants before you put them into flower. It's almost impossible to clone a plant that's been put into flower.

Maybe this will help:

I've been researching cloning myself. An expert grower who has a lot of experience with cloning is going to give me some pointers. If you're interested, when you're ready to clone, I'd be happy to share with you the do's (which I didn't) and the don't's (which I did) of cloning.

Hello my fellow Americans(for you Ulyesses),

I have a slight problem, I'm sure it's nothing, on one of my plants the bottom fan leafs have curled slightly. I will post some pictures later tonight. Ggrant i have come to the conclusion that I shall check the gender by clone, because if I take two off each plant, and flower one of each, I can keep the other clone for more production. So any and all help from you and everyone else will be rewarded with a pat on the back from yourself. Much love, as the Cheshire grins.

Mouse Man,

Before you even posted your picture, I was going to say Magnesium deficiency.

Notice how in figure 16 and 17 the leaves curl upwards like they're praying? They're praying for Mg! The tips may also twist.

This can be quickly resolved by watering with 1 tablespoon Epsom salts/gallon of water. Until you can correct nutrient lockout, try foliar feeding. That way the plants get all the nitrogen and Mg they need. The plants can be foliar feed at ½ teaspoon/quart of Epsom salts (first powdered and dissolved in some hot water). When mixing up soil, use 2 teaspoon dolomite lime per gallon of soil.

Check this out and keep a copy handy for future reference about mineral deficiencies:

This is such a young plant to have deficiencies. It's possible your water is very hard or something like that. If it's not a Mg def, the Epsom salts won't hurt. Some growers use it all the time.

Have you been letting the water you use stand 24 - 48 hours before using it? You should never water with straight tap water as it has chlorine in it. Letting it stand for a day or two will get rid of that.

Have you been using Blackstrap Molasses as one of the wise growers here suggested? This usually prevents mineral deficiencies.

Keep posting pictures and keep us up-to-date.

Back
Top Bottom