First Grow: Few questions about health

maybe,, or maybe too much,, which way to go?

if it's too much and you add more the plant may not ever recover, properly

if it's too little, the plant will show signs of hunger, and will recover with proper feeding

look at the leaf tips for signs of over ferting

i see some

If you use an ultrasonic humidifier in an indoor grow and use "regular" tap water to fill it, white specks may accumulate on leaves, etc. because of the minerals in the water are being flung out into the air and carried about over the grow. Always use distilled or RO water for your indoor grow when filling an ultrasonic humidifier.

Small update: it’s been over a week since I’ve watered (I read @Emilya ’s awesome watering guide, thanks again for that) and already my plants have perked up and started their flowering stretch with some gusto. Y’all are awesome, I’ll post pics once I start seeing some pistils ♥️

First sign of pistils today, all of my colas have a few Hella excited, even more so for my next grow so I can apply everything I’ve learned from y’all for an even more pristine bean. I’ll update as she develops further, I’m investing in a better light fixture come Friday and I know they’ll love it.

0C61D1B6-0D66-49EB-B981-12327C8B3628.jpeg

So I had the unfortunate event of my timer malfunctioning last night and my plants received more light than I want them to. I’m not sure how much more light they received than 12:12 but I know it was probably a couple hours. Assuming I resume them back to their normal scheduled 12:12 today, do you think I’ll have any problems? I’m just going to go back to manually turning my lights on and off as to avoid that happening again

So I had the unfortunate event of my timer malfunctioning last night and my plants received more light than I want them to. I’m not sure how much more light they received than 12:12 but I know it was probably a couple hours. Assuming I resume them back to their normal scheduled 12:12 today, do you think I’ll have any problems? I’m just going to go back to manually turning my lights on and off as to avoid that happening again
That is a good question. It is best to go back to your 12/12 schedule asap. The plants maybe affected slightly (confused), and delayed in flower. The delay in flower should not be more than a week's hesitation though...I imagine once back on the 12/12 schedule they will get back to "normal" flowering quite soon. I would buy a good digital light timer and not rely on "manual" efforts by your own hand for on/off. Too much of life gets in the way and you want light cycle timing consistent above all.

That is a good question. It is best to go back to your 12/12 schedule asap. The plants maybe affected slightly (confused), and delayed in flower. The delay in flower should not be more than a week's hesitation though...I imagine once back on the 12/12 schedule they will get back to "normal" flowering quite soon. I would buy a good digital light timer and not rely on "manual" efforts by your own hand for on/off. Too much of life gets in the way and you want light cycle timing consistent above all.
Thanks for that. I presume there’s a small risk of it herming?

what are you using for lights and timers ?

a simple digital timer works great if you are using led. super cheap and there are several around this time of year. they are the same timers as used for indoor christmas lighting. the hydro outlets just triple the price. sometimes they plunk a sticker on it in a lazy re-branding attempt.

Simple timers for Christmas lights mostly do not include three pronged plugins,, just a heads up,, tho I bot a cpl of 'cheaper' timers for the lights this year that were three pronged

Need three prongs for anything grow related

And i have messed up my lighting briefly many times, for many reasons, to no ill affect as of yet

Karma sent to your fine lookin plant friend,, well done indeed

One day, not a problem. I just had the exact opposite happen, bad wind/rain storm last night and the power went out for about 8 hours, so this morning I need togo re-set all my timers.

I use WYZE smart plugs for all of my lights, fans and other things around the house. Their programming is locked in on the internet, and as long as you have internet, the power can come and go and these plugs check the schedule and come on or not when the power is restored, according to your schedule. I also have control of the plugs via my cell phone app and there is a button on the plug itself. They are 3 prong plugs that take up no more room on a power strip than a regular sized plug, and they are cheap. They can handle 15 amps. Ordered direct from WYZE they are $14.99 for two of them.
wyze-plug-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom