First Grow: Few questions about health

Simple timers for Christmas lights mostly do not include three pronged plugins,, just a heads up,, tho I bot a cpl of 'cheaper' timers for the lights this year that were three pronged

good catch.
i've never seen a two-prong digital timer. i'm sure they are out there.

also if you run hid i'd never recommend a digital timer. i'd stick with mechanical. most hid will need heavier wiring as well.

I use WYZE smart plugs for all of my lights, fans and other things around the house. Their programming is locked in on the internet, and as long as you have internet, the power can come and go and these plugs check the schedule and come on or not when the power is restored, according to your schedule. I also have control of the plugs via my cell phone app and there is a button on the plug itself. They are 3 prong plugs that take up no more room on a power strip than a regular sized plug, and they are cheap. They can handle 15 amps. Ordered direct from WYZE they are $14.99 for two of them.
wyze-plug-1.jpg

only thing i don't like about wyze is they track and sell your data.

it's fantastic for digital savvy folk to find out what you're up to.

only thing i don't like about wyze is they track and sell your data.

it's fantastic for digital savvy folk to find out what you're up to.
They do track analytics, but not personal information. You are perfectly safe with WYZE, even with your saved video information from their cameras, fitness info from their scale and smart watches or their home monitoring service. Besides, even if they did, what harm would it be for someone to know when you switched power on and off on some random smart plug?

Here to dispel the rumor, from WYZE: Sales of Personal Data:
Wyze does not sell your personal information. We do allow third parties to collect certain device identifiers and internet and electronic network activity via our Services for advertising purposes.

Here to dispel the rumor, from WYZE: Sales of Personal Data:
Wyze does not sell your personal information. We do allow third parties to collect certain device identifiers and internet and electronic network activity via our Services for advertising purposes.

we've heard it from them all before. not just wyze.
all these devices are able to collect more data on you than most folk, and even the companies themselves, understand.

even if the mfgr's intentions are noble, there are far too many third parties willing and able to compromise that data for their own purposes. some nefarious. it's only as safe as the parent company warrants spending on it.

it's also partly a hold over from pre-legal. i know a couple tech savvy folk who grow and they both warned me to never have a connected device anywhere near. to this day one of them still won't take plant pics with his cell phone and leaves it outside of the grow space.

I gave up all that paranoia as soon as I joined my first online grow forum. I don't do hermit well. In all of these years, I have never had a problem. Now that growing is legal for me, I am even less concerned.

lol started a thread on it. didn't want to keep polluting this one. pop over and chime in. your experience is an asset.

I’m currently using a basic-ass christmas light timer that has the tabs you pull up (3 prong as well) to set the schedule…definitely going to get a digital one instead now that this has happened. Tbh…….I think the cat got curious and rubbed against it and pressed all of the tabs down (which results in the light being on)

Tbh…….I think the cat got curious and rubbed against it and pressed all of the tabs down (which results in the light being on)

well crap. if it's in the same spot the cat may fall in love with the digital one too, messing the buttons up.

champion timers,, not the name anymore but will get you there,, has two 3prong outs and each individually programmable,,

I use the older style timer where you manually set them for what you want. Like $6 each with two three prong plug outlets.
IMG_2132.JPG
that is EXACTLY what i have, i just think the cat decided to rub against it and sabotage me. i need to move my tent around after this grow so i can have my instruments inside rather than outside to avoid that ever happening again haha

I use the older style timer where you manually set them for what you want. Like $6 each with two three prong plug outlets.
IMG_2132.JPG
Those are very similar to what I use. Have some with 2 grounded outlets, some with 1, some with 2 not-grounded outlets and then some with just 1 not-grounded outlets. That one looks like each tab is 20 minutes but mine are 4 tabs to an hour or 15 minutes for each one.

The little switch on the side comes in handy. Move it to the side and override the tabs allowing the lights to come one even though the "current time" tabs are up.

Hey gang, checking in with a few questions:

In the first two pictures is my completely unaltered (what i presume to be because of its height) sativa/hybrid and its main cola with a picture of one of the side colas that has pistils on it. according to my research, the yellowing/turning up of leaves is likely a pH problem causing nute uptake problems and possibly a magnesium deficiency (which could be caused by the pH problem?). i am getting a pH tester, calmag and ph up/down and will work on balancing the pH but i wanted to run it by you expects to make sure I’m barking up the right tree. I’ll post my other picture/question in a separate comment so it’s easier to read. Thank you in advance!!
52C1920F-442D-45CB-99F1-7DD346859F7F.jpeg
2BBBC0AC-30B3-4D6C-9B1A-90E07ABA6E19.jpeg

Here’s the other plant, my bushier one I’ve documented previously in this thread:

Once again, my research leads me to believe it’s a magnesium deficiency/pH problem. Only the leaves at the bottom of the plant are doing this at the moment but I just wanted to be sure that I’m correct in my guess that it’s a pH problem or magnesium deficiency before I feed her anything. Both girls haven’t had any nutes in ~2.5 weeks, just a watering of fresh, RO water. Thank you all very very much!!
6EB1E0F0-3808-46F7-B28C-CE9964A737C0.jpeg
E794B738-0EB4-401C-8A2A-FDCBFBCA517F.jpeg

Might be my old eyes, but I don’t see what you see on the first pic, looks fine. The discoloration on the second pic might be natural, looks like that plant is tending toward a strong purple phenotype. Overall the plant looks darn good.
I second that bro my eyes are good 2020 and I don't see no white specs

I would PH the water and add calmag for the spotting leaves (brown). Since you've only done a couple feedings with 1/2 strength nutes, I would up the nutes a little. Often, when the top of the plant starts to yellow it needs a little more N.
Will do! Since I’m in flowering should I be using flowering nutes or the N-heavy veg nutes? And can I mix all of those things together in one mixture or should I not feed all of that at once and stagger feeding the things she needs?

Back
Top Bottom