First Grow In 10 Years: DWC Bagseed, Sherbert

Topped off last night when the lights came on. Hungry lady right here.

Ph before 6.1
Ppm before 432

Mixed some more juice for her. With enough ph adjuster to bring the whole res back down.

Ph after 5.7
Ppm after 658

Light on
29B59422-1BF7-42F0-9D62-0C8FAD338264.jpeg

Light off
CF78E3EF-97D0-412A-8A7D-5A435D993DD4.jpeg

Wow looking awesome! What are you using to measure your PPM and do you know what scale its on to give you that number? Like 500, 700? I usually run no less than 1100 ppm in flower so im wondering if you are on a different measurement than me.

@HunterNitro We’re using an HM Digital ph/tds pen type meter. I think it is set to the .5 scale for ppm but i’d have to double check that. I thought the numbers seem low but we’re following the GH chart pretty closely and usually feeding at or a little over 3/4 the dose the chart calls for. Mainly using the numbers to compare to the day before and see if the levels are dropping. They always do, knock on wood!

Awesome, yes I use .5 scale as well. Your girl is loving it so keep it up! I just have never ran that low in flower. Which GH feed chart are you using? I use the expert Recirculating chart. Its almost double the regular drain to waste chart.

Awesome, yes I use .5 scale as well. Your girl is loving it so keep it up! I just have never ran that low in flower. Which GH feed chart are you using? I use the expert Recirculating chart. Its almost double the regular drain to waste chart.

That's interesting. I'm not sure why our numbers are so low. I calibrate our meter every 2 weeks. Pretty sure we are using the recirculating chart as well. But we are only doing the flora 3 part, with coolbloom, calmag and hydroguard added so it's not the "full" chart. Although i would like to start adding Flora Nectar if i can find it locally. Did a res change last night and the ML per gallon were:

Micro: 4.5ml
Gro: 1.5ml
Bloom: 10ml
CoolBloom: 1.5ml
Calmag: 2ml
Hydroguard: 2ml

And the PPM came out to 812 with no PH adjusting solution needed. We also use RO water though and the base numbers before mixing anything in were like 3-5ppm.

Today marks the beginning of week 4 in flower. Upped the bloom juice a bit from the week before.

Res change last night had the big girl at a PH of 5.9 before the change and 574ppm.

New res is
PH 5.7
PPM: 812

We've also decided on not taking her out of the tent anymore. she's just too damn big and the side branches are clearly using the tent walls to keep from falling over. As soon as she squeezed out of there, the side branches had her sitting at nearly 5' wide o_O. Rather than putting a belt around her and cramming her big a$$ in and out of there once a week, it's time to grab a transfer pump of some kind.

Yea well 812 sounds about right using only the 3. For example my 4th week on the chart consist of:

7.5 Micro
2.5 Gro
12.5 Boom

5 Calmag
5 Diamond Nectar
5 FloraBlend
2.5 Koolbloom
2.5 ArmourSI

All per gallon. If i mix 100% strenght I have to add a few extra gallons to my reservoir to bring it down. (so im not using 100%). Its always about 300 ppm to much in my experience with GH. I like a good 1000 - 1200 ppm and slowly go up from there.

Keep up the good work!

If you're doing all of the additives i'm sure that's where the difference in our numbers are. Been basing our feeding levels off of what the previous reservoir did. The whole ph rising, ppm falling, water level falling chart that has been passed around here. If the chart says feed more, we usually add a ML or 2 to each of the measurements except for the gro (only in flower obviously). We'd like to get to the point of being able to read the leaves instead of the chart, but that should come with time and experience. :yummy:

Trimmed some lower leaves and a few wimpy “tops” from the underside last night to help with airflow. With the light on the RH is right around 50-52% but when the light shuts off it climbs to 62-64%.

Topped off with 2 gallons. Ph before was 6.1 and ppm dropped to 537. Brought it back up to 800ish and the ph back down to 5.8. Also started adding Flora Nectar.

646745E2-B5F9-4D27-BC18-078D123806F4.jpeg
FBB79CCA-2111-4EC2-9F93-81C5FA43EA42.jpeg
6A138FCB-F1C7-401E-95B3-8638FCDB286F.jpeg
100F3167-C335-4239-ACE8-5DA57999DED7.jpeg
958C1F5E-4BD0-4229-820D-8C1624BB27BE.jpeg
EBFC52BF-1ABC-4618-8D0C-FBF25250F26B.jpeg
108BA2A0-42E3-4701-AEBE-28AE61884BE6.jpeg
47FACA62-74DB-4C96-98D0-159352A92A00.jpeg

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

What air bubbler and stones are you using in your reservoir? I have to purchase one soon for my next grow. Im doing a Top feed, Rockwool, DWC grow for my next.

Sounds like a solid plan man. just don't let em get too big. res changes at this point are a royal pain in the a$$. Right now i lift the lid while the misses turns the bin 90* to expose one end for top offs. Gonna get a ball pump for next weeks water change. Also need to look into a few dozen yoyo's or some other method for holding the branches up.

We use a Whisper AP300 air pump. It's not as powerful as a commercial pump but is WAY quieter. Our tent is in our bedroom. 4 feet from my side of the bed to be exact, and i cannot hear the pump at all. I do have it in a box for sound proofing but a commercial pump is considerably noisier even in a box. The stones are cheap 4" discs from the pet store. We go cheap on these since they get replaced every few months out of paranoia for root diseases. Just soak and test em before committing them to your res. They're cheap in more ways than one :laughtwo:. I also like the stones with a plastic base since we hot glue em to the bottom of the tub.

Just cut a 2-3 inch inch hole in the top so you can do res changes and check pH. I cant imagine you having to pick it up each time. Use a gas siphon pump for $12 to suck out the water. So easy. I listed how I do mine in my latest journal. Go through the pages quick until you see the picture of the pump I use for it.

Thanks for the info!

Haha i'm only lifting her about 2 inches while my wife spins the bin below. Any more than that and i'll mash the 2 biggest colas into the light. They are happily plumping up 3" away from the light o_O If it gets any sketchier than it is now, an access hatch of some kind will be next.

Tonights readings were ph 6.2 and ppm 734 down from 800ish

brought the ph back down to 5.9-6.0 and the ppm up to 798.
CFF8AFC5-E78F-491D-A517-E775EED795DB.jpeg
AEE2619E-4D5A-4EE3-8E60-200CB894EA46.jpeg

Also found what i swear look like tiny little pollen sacks although they had pistils on them:lot-o-toke:
008A029B-0CB2-4B9B-9D54-804A29ADA84A.jpeg
3D87136C-F09B-48EA-AECF-48BA787AD125.jpeg

Some of the big swollen resin glands are starting to form a small stem at the base which has got us pretty concerned.

Fingers crossed it’s not herming on you. I have the same fear with mine also coming from a dispensary bag seed. I feel like herming is just about the only way to get a seed from dispensary bud. I’m not sure how many commercial growers keep males around where the plants would be pollenated other than by a plant that hermed within the grow. I’m sure there are some growers dealing with males for genetics and what not but they probably have some serious precautions set up and/or a different facility to ensure a crop doesn’t get accidentally pollenated. This is why I’m pretty upset I accidentally killed my mother plant a week into flowering. It would have given me the answer before going forward with the clones.

I’m praying I have no idea what I’m talking about and those are just fat glads bursting with resin.

@The Phantom thanks man! The very first mj plant i ever tried to grow was a bag seed, and the same thing happened. You’d think that would be a lesson learned but here we are haha.

we’re prayin that they are just swollen resin glands as well. I was hoping that if this was a late in life kinda seed that if we harvested early enough we could keep it from happening to this one. Everyone in our house has their fingers crossed, including the cats!

Back
Top Bottom