First Grow Journal - Crown Royal

Today's pre update comes with a question does this look like a male or female or too early to tell?
this is the fimmed crown royal the one that stretched from the jump. Then i will be posting the latest pics i just took
10-12-closeup-fimmed3.jpg

10-12-closeup-fimmed2.jpg

10-12-closeup-fimmed.jpg

I also removed the mh from the tent i had it all the way up and they were still showing signs of heat stress although the temp never went above 70 at the top of plant, I am concerned about putting them into the hps and led. Maybe feminized seeds are sensitive to light?

10-12-mother.jpg

10-12-ww2.jpg

10-12-ww1.jpg

10-12-hindu-kush.jpg

10-12-fimmed.jpg

10-12-bubblicious.jpg

Subbed!

Feminized Crown Royale right? Looks like a girl to me, and zoom doesn't seem to show any male traits, but another week or two and you'll know for sure!

I have grown 4 Crown Royale Feminized from CKS from seed to harvest. Really good results, I would buy that strain from them again without hesitation. The first grow (Hydro Bubbler) was started under CFLs from seedling until about 3 weeks, then placed into the Veg cabinet under a 400 watt HPS to finish Veg and throughout Flowering. I had some heat issues during that grow but the strain handled 95F for several weeks during flower and the only detriment was the buds were a bit airy and not dense. The plant did what it had to do to survive and try to reproduce. On another grow (Soil) with Crown Royale, the light was switched out with a 144x5w LED, and the results were very similar with the exception that the buds were much tighter and dense. Effect and potency were almost indistinguishable. I have another CR in the Flower cabinet at 3 weeks after flip to 12/12 and it all looks to be going well so far. I am sold on LED panels after trying them for myself, high temps are no longer the problem that they used to be. The greatest battles have been heat and variable PH from my tap water, but an RO water filter and LED have reduced my time requirements greatly. Don't get me wrong, I still like both HPS and HID, especially during the winter. I think you'll find that this strain needs a little room to stretch out, but the buds fill in very nicely. I yielded 2.3 oz cured from the Hydro grow, and 2.2 oz from the soil grow. Best of luck in your grow, I think you have the problem identified and corrected, your plants are looking good! Seated at the table ...
:Namaste:
JB

JBU thank you for subbing and commenting I really appreciate it especially since you have grown the strain already, and thanks to both of you for commenting on whether it was a male or not, I was concerned because typically males will stretch more then females. But I feel alot better knowing i didnt waste my energy on a male. I am going to take some clones off the the plants I wonder if the clones will have issues with light also?

not going to clone that one, the one pictures is the fimmed one its the mother i am going to clone, but first i am popping 3 white cookie seeds, then i will take 2 or 3 clones from the mother get them all going in sure to grow this time, and see what happens

Gotta love plant cloning/cuttings. I've been doing it for several decades with all kinds of yard and house plants with cuttings from friends and neighbors plants. Most any plant will propagate via cuttings, and it feels great to not spend a lot of money on a nice plant from a nursery. Patience is a virtue with cuttings, and once you have the basics down, the same efforts have usually produced most awesome babies. I have one houseplant that's over 30 years old that started as a cutting before my kids were born. Also, I tend to get more "attached" to a plant I've nursed along from a cutting, maybe weird but it's still a fact! As always, get those roots strong and plentiful before putting it into final location. I used to concentrate on getting leaves to grow, but I was wrong, cloning is all about getting the roots big and awesome.

:thumb:

JB

Well i am completely new to it so it should be interesting, I have a cloning system and i am going to try it with 2 clippings and see what happens I dont think it should stress the plant to much she is stout with tons of growth. I am going to take some from the bottom as they say those have the most root memory or someshit. I am going to watch a bunch of videos on it tonight and maybe t ake the clipping or I might wait till i clear the tent so i have room to rearrange things to get the cloneing machine in there also. I suppose i could grab a few cfl's and light them anywhere

Well i am completely new to it so it should be interesting, I have a cloning system and i am going to try it with 2 clippings and see what happens I dont think it should stress the plant to much she is stout with tons of growth. I am going to take some from the bottom as they say those have the most root memory or someshit. I am going to watch a bunch of videos on it tonight and maybe t ake the clipping or I might wait till i clear the tent so i have room to rearrange things to get the cloneing machine in there also. I suppose i could grab a few cfl's and light them anywhere

This will be cool to see. I need some cloning practice myself.

well i know i had it about 15-20 inches away and only the 2 feminized grown from seedling got burned, now in all fairness they were the tallest but the temp at the tops never went above 70f. Either feminized are more sensitive to hid or my mh bulb or ballast is defective. They even showed signs of problems with the light raised all the way up and turned the ballast to 50%. So i am not sure really what the actual problem is I am going to put the one from seed under a different light and hood and ballast in the flower tent although the other light and ballast will also be there, and they will both have HPS

My first grow light was a MH (real grow light, not some aquarium bulbs imitating a real grow light:oops:), and that thing is like the sun. It was too much for my relatively small Veg cabinet, but it really was awesome in a 5'x7'x9' Flower closet. I hope you solve your light burn problem. It can't be heat at 70F for sure. I've never done a Crown Royale under MH so I can't offer any experiences on that combo. LED and HPS were both good to the CR plants, with no burn problems. Summer heat can challenge any grower for sure, but the right MJ strain can be found to match the environment, but it might not be the strain your brain wants! I think you will like the CR, its a very nice bud after curing. I usually use CFLs for cloning MJ, but just don't overdo the amount of light if using your main grow lights. Only enough photosynthesis for the root to grow, not Veg. Looking forward to your next pics, best of buds to you.

JB

:Namaste:

ok well i moved 5 of the plants into the flower tent 1 crown royal the fimmed one, and the 4 clones.
The flower tent has
2 600w hps
1 240w led
I had it on for a full cycle last night temp was around 80 rh around 59, I picked up a new meter for the tent that has a longer probe, I am going to keep them on the grow nutes for a couple days in the 12/12 then i will switch it to the flower nutes
flower_room18.jpg

I will take another pic of the flower room when the lights come on tonight

I wouldnt call it a monster its only 5 going right now, but i am trying to get perpetual 5-6 going. surprisingly the vegetative state did not blip me at all, I will know more in a month or so what the flower room is going to do, since i have 2 600w and a 250 w but i believe i have both ballasts turned down to 50 so its only 300 each i am going to turn it up to 75 tonight, and then next week 100. I will keep you posted on the costs of energy.
I have inside the tent a small heater for lights out, and 2 fans to blow on the girls. Tonight i am going to be taking some closeups of my feminized fimmed girl whose stalk is a fking monster.

Back
Top Bottom