First Grow Journal - Kandy Kush & Lemon Skunk - 2012-2013

re: First Grow Journal - Kandy Kush & Lemon Skunk - 2012-2013

looking good ... good growing

Tried getting a picture up but its not letting me upload -.- I think im going to transplant very soon they are in very small containers and i dont want them to root bound. Ill get these pictures up asap and i think im going to transplant tonight because they will need watered tonight.

So I just transplanted both of them into 1 gal buckets, was well overdue some of the roots were starting to come up the sides. the kandy kush transplanted alot better than the lemon skunk. The kandy kush didnt loose much soil other than when placing it in the 1 gallon it fell in sideways but shouldnt be a problem. the lemon skunk lost a bit of soil while i had it turned upside down, just dont feel good about it, hope everything will be ok, both are wilting down fromt he shock. 2-3 days and I should see improvment?? (first time transplanting)

Dont know if I did it right either, figured the common sense was to massage the sides a tiny bit with it upside down to loosen it from the container then flipped it back over once it came out and placed inside and gently pressed down the soil and filled around it. Would update with pictures but i get this error:

Problem running JPEGTRAN:

"/usr/bin/jpegtran" -copy none /home/mag420/domains/420magazine.com/public_html/gallery/data/500/2012-12-31_20_07_50.jpg

Error Code: 2

anyone have any ideas?

Hey brother, first off Happy New Year :).
I'm by no means an expert, but I'll toss my two tokes on the topic :blushsmile:
Take care of your babies, they hate it when they're root bound :(. I'd like to recommend smart pots or air pots for future transplants :). I actually did a few grows before my "first" grow journal. This was the first to finish tho, past ones were terminated. I think "massaging" the sides actually made your transplant harder :), it got the soil a little loose. When the soil is relatively dry is just pops out shaped exactly like the container (especially because you have lots of roots holding it together too). This made transplanting easier. As for transplant shock, I've never really experienced that but I'm guessing they'll bounce back just fine :thumb:

oh, as for the pictures:
Look at your main menu tabs. Top of the page where it says Forums - Gallery - Hemp - Facts ... etc
Under gallery you'll find the option to Upload Photos. You will need to do that first. Now that the photos are on the gallery and stamped with the 420mag mark, you can insert them into your comments and replies. You just click the My Photos button on the bottom left of your reply "typing area". Good luck, let me know if this wasn't clear enough. I think there's a pictorial on how to do it but I'm too lazy to find it :grinjoint:

I think all went well, I think the kandy kush is just overwatered it wasnt ready for more when i transplanted and i had to water after i did so... :) Alls good I think it went fine for both. Fixed the plants stretch and all. Both still showed new growth today, oh and guess what it finally let me upload pictures!!!! so here we go

Kandy Kush:
kandytrans.jpg
kandynewgrowth.jpg

Lemon Skunk:
lemon36.jpg

They are both now in their happy new 1 gallon pots :D

*EDIT* I forgot to mention the veins to the kandy kush leafs are completely purple and very visible from the top as well the pictures dont show it very well

oh, as for the pictures:
Look at your main menu tabs. Top of the page where it says Forums - Gallery - Hemp - Facts ... etc
Under gallery you'll find the option to Upload Photos. You will need to do that first. Now that the photos are on the gallery and stamped with the 420mag mark, you can insert them into your comments and replies. You just click the My Photos button on the bottom left of your reply "typing area". Good luck, let me know if this wasn't clear enough. I think there's a pictorial on how to do it but I'm too lazy to find it :grinjoint:

my problem was my cache i believe as soon as i cleared it it allowed me to upload again

Just recieved my new order from herbies im VERY excited for this one expecially the 3x Delicious Northern Light Blue. In addition got 5x Pyramid White Widow, 1x Royal Queen; Royal Creamatic, a Pyramid Osiris, 3x Lemon skunk 1x Kandy Kush 1x Pyramid Super Hash. <--- All Fem and also recieved 5x regular skunk x.

Seeing LOTS of growth after transplant. Will update in a couple days.

Loving their new homes, starting to see good growth on both, leafs are picking back up, transplant id say went great. Going away for the weekend so heres some pictures.

Kandy Kush:
IMAG000920.jpg
IMAG000716.jpg

Lemon Skunk:
IMAG000517.jpg

IMAG001216.jpg

PS. On the pictures you can see little black dots, they are not bugs they are from transplanting some of the soil came loose on the lemon, itll fall off naturally.

So the lemon skunk is WAY behind in growth the kandy kush already has its 5th set of leafs coming in. Also while examining the lemon skunk I see a problem! Now ive taken my magnafying glass and ive scanned under all the leafs for any bugs and found nothing, heres what im looking at..

IMAG003915.jpg
IMAG003819.jpg
IMAG003720.jpg
IMAG003618.jpg

Not sure whats wrong here

Back
Top Bottom