First Grow Journal - Kandy Kush & Lemon Skunk - 2012-2013

Still wish I could get my humidity over 30 percent, i'm thinking my girls are having alittle heat stress, my best guess anyways
\]

Lemon Skunk:
IMAG004313.jpg

IMAG004115.jpg

Moved lights up a bit to see what happens

then what would you sujest for flower

Optimal Temperature:

Between 70 - 85 degrees Fahrenheit (21 - 29 degrees Celsius).

Optimal Humidity:

60 - 70% rH for vegetative growth.

40 - 60% rH during flowering (lower rH helps to reduce the risk of fungal contamination on your already moist dank buds).

80 - 90% rH for rooting clones and cuttings (high humidity is a must as these new plants may not have roots to draw moisture through).

Also more at: What Range Should I Maintain For My Growroom Humidity & Temperature?

I find alot of my info here : How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Tons of great info there, and I mean tons!

Would love to see a picture see how they compare, do you have a journal?

No journal, though here is a pic.
2013-01-09_3_weeks.jpg

The Kandy Kush is in the upper right. For perspective, those are 5 gallon buckets. The two on the left are the sleestack x Skunks. They're monsters! They have all been FIMed after thee sets of leaves a few days ago. That's slowed their upward growth but the branches are are really starting to pop out nicely.

So I opened the carbon filter last night because these girls are starting to stink, went to hook it up to the 180 cfm blower im using as an exaust. The carbon filter is a Carbonaire 700150 says maxmum cfm 200 on it. When I hook it up the TEMPS SKY ROCKETED!!! I'm thinking maybe need a bigger intake fan and maybe a inline to put into the carbon filter and duct to make air move more? That or get a bigger blower for an exaust but then what if i go over the 200 cfm max how bad would it be on the filter? Hmm decisions decisions, for now the HPS is off and just the 2 CFLS are in there. Will update later after hydro store opens and I figure it all out

Grow Area:
Height: 7.5 ft
Width: 3.9 ft wide
Length: 2 ft

So that would make 58.5 cubic ft?

... So a 180 cfm blower will clear the room 3 times per minute?

When I attached the duct to the top of the carbon filter which I layed in my floor it rose the temperature by 10 degrees. Too me that says there was not enough air to pull through the carbon filter so it killed the exaust in a way... The Carbon filter says 200 cfm max for a 8x8x8 room. So i am quite confused or my maths really really bad.

Room.jpeg
room2.jpeg

The duct is just hanging there just like in the image

this is what im wanting to add to the top of the carbon filter and attach it to the duct thats pulling air from the 180 cfm blower:

4_inline.jpg

So Ideas:

Buy a 4" IN-LINE DUCT FAN 65 CFM for 44$ and place it attached to the top of the carbon filter (on the floor) with my duct (leads straight up to a small shelf on the top of the closet) to the cage blower and add a little extra suction to pull more air? Think it will work?

cant hook up the filter until i can regulate temps

Definently went to buy big bloom today and somehow grabbed tiger bloom :X all well would have needed it at some point.

Added another 180 cfm blower for an intake to see if it would work better, so far 1 hour later temp is at 82 has been climbing so lets hope thats where it stays. carbon filter is hooked up

What type of fan is it? If it's a booster like that little picture in the post then (in my opinion) it won't work with a carbon filter. You need a centrifugal inline for that 200cfm carbon filter. Bigger fan with a speed controller is a good option if noise is an issue. If it's not, then most 4" inlines (centrifugal) are in the 170 range, that should do well.

What type of fan is it? If it's a booster like that little picture in the post then (in my opinion) it won't work with a carbon filter. You need a centrifugal inline for that 200cfm carbon filter. Bigger fan with a speed controller is a good option if noise is an issue. If it's not, then most 4" inlines (centrifugal) are in the 170 range, that should do well.

No its hooked to a 180 cfm squirrel cage blower i just had to up my intake a little hooked another 180 cfm as an intake and pointed it at the hps light and boom sitting at 80 - 82 degrees so everythings good now the smell is noticably gone when doors shut. these girls are stinky already

That's not something I've tried so I can't really comment ;) I hope it works great for you man. Wait till you have nugs in there, I turn my fan off for 15 minutes = my place smells like I have pet skunks. :laughtwo:

:) Thanks man, oh and the booster fan was just an idea to pull more air threw the carbon filter was going to use the 180 cfm blower + the booster to pull a little extra air threw

Back
Top Bottom