First Grow Journal - Kandy Kush & Lemon Skunk - 2012-2013

true that kush grower, im not arguing with your methods at all. i did a test with blue dream this summer. my son allways argues with me about nutes and prunning. he is a hippy kid up in oregon and constantly sweats me about cutting off fan leaves. he wants them left on and hates that i cut leaves at all. well i know from experience that prunning ang topping can and does increase harvest yeilds. so i did a plant for him that i didn't touch, didn't top, didn't really trim at all. end result was a nice fat cola that weighed about 3 ounces dry. the whole thing was about 5 ounces dry but the other blue dream that i topped twice and constantly removed big leaves. that plant gave almost 1 pound dry. the un topped plant definetly looked cooler and might even been a little better at the very top but the topped plant was almost tripple inside

true that kush grower, im not arguing with your methods at all. i did a test with blue dream this summer. my son allways argues with me about nutes and prunning. he is a hippy kid up in oregon and constantly sweats me about cutting off fan leaves. he wants them left on and hates that i cut leaves at all. well i know from experience that prunning ang topping can and does increase harvest yeilds. so i did a plant for him that i didn't touch, didn't top, didn't really trim at all. end result was a nice fat cola that weighed about 3 ounces dry. the whole thing was about 5 ounces dry but the other blue dream that i topped twice and constantly removed big leaves. that plant gave almost 1 pound dry. the un topped plant definetly looked cooler and might even been a little better at the very top but the topped plant was almost tripple inside

Glad to hear! sounded like a fantastic grow :) I have thought about topping the kandy kush because the indica in it shows its about 4.4 inches taller than the lemon skunk and is a big hassle on my height of lights -.- maybe im just being stubborn. as the reason im here i take any advice into consideration but if i was to top it, it would be because of the height difference in the plants only. Ill always go with a nice huge cola, size is great but I started this for beauty. Cannibis is the only plant I have ever seen flowering that I could actually say I love. I guess its in comparison to roses for the wife. That being said weight is always a plus :) :party:

no i totally understand brother. my experiement was outside with plenty of room and i had other stuff going. my indoor is for me and the old lady personal. those blue dream plants were great but im so sick of sativa that im focusing all my indoor energy on these 2 purple cadillac clones...INDICA we want to relax at nigth not keep the mind full throttle im on week 3 in veg on a much smaller scale than you

Topping is not just to increase yield. I think the biggest advantage is maintaining an even canopy. If you leave your plant without any training and you have good lights penetrating all the way then ya, by all means, leave them alone. They will look natural with a main cola and several smaller side branches. An even canopy, however, will make sure all your buds are at one level getting the same intense light. And if you give the plant time to heal and grow in veg, no harm done, just a little delay that's all. With an even canopy, good quality is the bigger goal, not yield. Just sharing my opinion on topping :).

Results from the girls photo shoots :)

First off this is what I have done to fix my blower problem and temp issues, now stays 78-78.2.

IMG_20130116_110927_.jpg

Now for the girls photo shoot:

First up, lemon skunk Day 23.4:

IMG_20130116_110906_.jpg

IMG_20130116_110858_.jpg

IMG_20130115_173510_.jpg

Kandy Kush Day 23.4:

IMG_20130116_110612_.jpg

IMG_20130116_110601_.jpg

The Kandy Kush Topping Photos:
IMG_20130116_110636_.jpg

I'd rather have a flowered finished plant before I have to move then not have them at all. Not like I can stick them in the back of a uhaul and move them states away.. I'm well aware 5-10 days is what u want after topping but also take in mind its been 5 days and it can take a week or more before the plant switches from a vegatative to a flowering state. Bottom line if I don't do it now then I can't do it at all. Wouldn't make much sense to kill them now...

Back
Top Bottom