First Grow - Soil - LED Twin 900 Watt - Raindance Strain Equilibrium Genetics

Day 36. Defoliation day

Decided to thin some leaves and a little lst today after switching to 12/12 yesterday. I gave them a nice watering with 1/2 strength gh nutes flora line. I also added some root enhancer. Ph water was 6. These plants are definitely a hearty strain. I'm pretty stoked so far with minimal issues. Not to jinx anything but damn this is fun!

420-magazine-mobile483172314.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1553634291.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1563908800.jpg

420-magazine-mobile301326182.jpg

Happy growing!

G

Looking really good. Can't wait to see that screen all filled up with buds. Also, really nice job on the lst. She's gonna explode now. How far away do you have you LED's from the tops of your plants? And are those lights dimmable? Thanks man. Cheers .

Thanks Kevin! I appreciate the kudos! It truly is my first indoor grow. I can't wait either. My lights are currently 24 inches away. I am thinking of raising them a little to encourage more stretching. What do you think? Unfortunately my lights are not dimmable. I just did a quick check and they are already blowing up. In the mean time. Read, research, and read more.

Gerry

Day 40.

So today was water day! I mixed up 5 gallons of nutes week 5 gen hydro floro series 1/3 strength. I decided to up the nutes a little more than the 1/4 strength recommendations. We will see how they respond. They seem to take anything I have thrown at them thus far ( lst, topping, defoliate). See if they like the extra juice. Ph 6.5 well water. I divided the solution by 12 and gave each one 1.5 quarts with decent runoff. Forgot to check runoff. Since it's in fox farms soil it's pretty well buffered so I'm not too worried. I also added flora blend, florolicious plus, and rapid start for the roots. Temp at lights on was 69 at 6 pm. Humidity
was 57. I even blew in a couple bong rips of strawberry . banana . cough. Couple close ups of some preflowers

420-magazine-mobile2045510203.jpg

420-magazine-mobile90960733.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2008495769.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2057712060.jpg

Peace!.

Looking awesome up in here. Plants are healthy and beautiful. I saw your question a few posts ago about raising the light to get the plants to stretch and that should work, but they are going to stretch anyways since you just flipped to 12/12. Should double to tripple in size over the next 2-3 weeks. Keep up the good work. Subbed up :passitleft:

Looking awesome up in here. Plants are healthy and beautiful. I saw your question a few posts ago about raising the light to get the plants to stretch and that should work, but they are going to stretch anyways since you just flipped to 12/12. Should double to tripple in size over the next 2-3 weeks. Keep up the good work. Subbed up :passitleft:

Thanks Nic. I appreciate the props. I think i got lucky on the genetics. I am just a rookie that saw a pack of seeds in a collective here in Nocal when I picked up a some herb. The dude had no clue on the seeds. And the fact that I scoured this site to gain enough information from others grows to come to these points. Don't make drastic changes. don't make the mistakes others made. And less is more. But my fingers are getting itchy. I want to experiment for the sake of learning. Any suggestions? I'm curious how it's going to work out if 10/12 are actually female. My tent is 4x8. Good problem to have, but I won't be able to scrog the way I want. I was hoping 6 would be male leaving lots of room to train. I'm planning on doing some serious defoliation of the lower growth after they've all showed their sex. Any recommendations on how to thin the branches out if there's that many girls?

A couple friends do, but they are summer outdoor growers. One wants to get into the cloning biz. He's not sure if he wants to commit to it right now. I already been hitting them up. I do have an idea that I am thinking it through in case I'm stuck with them. Before I get the shit laughed at me I'm gonna research some stuff. I have a couple weeks. One of the seeds I predicted (guessed) male looks to be.

420-magazine-mobile55272311.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1403265790.jpg

Day 42.

Found 4 more females. I think that makes 8/12 now. Fortunately a buddy stepped up and is going to take any others to clone. Not really much else to report. Did a full shuffle of all the plants. They're getting really bushy. Will pull the males this weekend once they show more preflowers. Took a couple pics without the blurple

420-magazine-mobile1883191219.jpg
420-magazine-mobile731948552.jpg

Looks like a male.

420-magazine-mobile1853766485.jpg

Peace

Day 42. Blessings and curses.

My seed experiment failed miserably. I was anticipating 10/12 females based on a seed chart I found. Uhm yeah...that did not work out that well. But 6/12 isn't so bad. Less work and more room. But all my girls are in 3 gallon smart pots. I'm gonna get aggro and move them to 5 gallon pots. I have a plan to limit any harm to the roots. Should be pretty simple.

Im going feminized or autos from now on.

But...

One of my grow lights decides to short out a row of 2 light clusters tripping my surge protector at the same time i complete sexing these kids. Talk about timing. So I pulled it out the tent and I'll test my old electronics troubleshooting experience . Based on the symptoms I may be able to just unplug that row and continue with this light. The rest of the lights are still on which means they are connected in parallel.

6 plants are far more manageable and that works for me for my first grow.

I also did a nice defoliation as well. I didn't go overboard on the defol.

For some reason pics won't load up.

It's been one of those days.

Peace.

Day 42. Blessings and curses.

My seed experiment failed miserably. I was anticipating 10/12 females based on a seed chart I found. Uhm yeah...that did not work out that well. But 6/12 isn't so bad. Less work and more room. But all my girls are in 3 gallon smart pots. I'm gonna get aggro and move them to 5 gallon pots. I have a plan to limit any harm to the roots. Should be pretty simple.

Im going feminized or autos from now on.

But...

One of my grow lights decides to short out a row of 2 light clusters tripping my surge protector at the same time i complete sexing these kids. Talk about timing. So I pulled it out the tent and I'll test my old electronics troubleshooting experience . Based on the symptoms I may be able to just unplug that row and continue with this light. The rest of the lights are still on which means they are connected in parallel.

6 plants are far more manageable and that works for me for my first grow.

I also did a nice defoliation as well. I didn't go overboard on the defol.

For some reason pics won't load up.

It's been one of those days.

Peace.

Same bro only growin clones or fem seeds not playing with regular seeds anymore

Well shed and og I cannot agree more. No real losses in this grow. All lessons are well worth the experience this is giving me. On a brighter note, it looks like my other grow light is back online. I pulled the cover off and the 120v feeding the power supply for the bank in question had a loose pin in the plug. As soon as i moved it the pin popped out. So I simply inserted the pin till it clicked and have been running it through a surge protector with a meter inline. 585 Watts and 5 amps. Just like the label on the back says!

Well shed and og I cannot agree more. No real losses in this grow. All lessons are well worth the experience this is giving me. On a brighter note, it looks like my other grow light is back online. I pulled the cover off and the 120v feeding the power supply for the bank in question had a loose pin in the plug. As soon as i moved it the pin popped out. So I simply inserted the pin till it clicked and have been running it through a surge protector with a meter inline. 585 Watts and 5 amps. Just like the label on the back says!
Which light are you talking about that has 585 watts? The Black dog?

Which light are you talking about that has 585 watts? The Black dog?

No. My lights I purchased with the tent are a knockoff of grow blu apollo. Mine are branded advance spectrum max s900. Google it and it will bring up the store in so cal where I purchased it. The internal guts are bridgelux aircraft led. They are rated and are supposed to be 605 Watts and 5.04 amps. Actual draw is 585 w at the wall, each. Up to this point they've been working very well. They are super cool to the touch. And super bright. I would not go so far as recommending them since I've yet to see a harvest. Thanks for askin.

G

No. My lights I purchased with the tent are a knockoff of grow blu apollo. Mine are branded advance spectrum max s900. Google it and it will bring up the store in so cal where I purchased it. The internal guts are bridgelux aircraft led. They are rated and are supposed to be 605 Watts and 5.04 amps. Actual draw is 585 w at the wall, each. Up to this point they've been working very well. They are super cool to the touch. And super bright. I would not go so far as recommending them since I've yet to see a harvest. Thanks for askin.

G
Oops sorry, I mixed you up with another thread. It gets confusing following so many.

Anyways, glad that worked out for you .

Back
Top Bottom