First Indoor Grow

It's only when I look back at the old pics that I really notice the progress lol

With that said update time....

03ae6fd154db782e71a0aaf854a5d140.0.jpg

c052cb982733226e2a5012eabee07151.0.jpg

20191001_190216.jpg

b890361501e4b463b43d6fe6255c1b1a.0.jpg

20191001_185149.jpg

The nutes now being feed at 900 ppm because I'm starting too see some tip burn I've lifted the lights hopefully for the last time. It's looking like the last part of the job is waiting for that girl to fatten up :)

Kp

Almost forgot to mention three has been a little work done on the room the lights are now on a frame the walls with reflector sheets up and the floor made into a water proof tub to help keep it clean and dry.

I end up with 3 ' x 5' of growing space with how it is now and eventually 5' x 5' but with out enough lights I'll only make it as big as I can light. The next run will have 600 watts above it 6-8 plants depending on how they vege out.

Kp

The flowering seems to have stalled ph was 6.6, lighting was 250 watts of 3000, 4000, 6500 k Led (wall draw not rated output). My friend suggested I change my nutes but they are only getting Ph ed water at the moment as they are showing slight signs of tip burn.

With my 3000 k chips burning out and flowering not running well with out them I rushed off too the local hydro store and got myself a 600 watt hps judging by the amount of light that thing puts out I suspect that I was under lighting my poor girl now she's getting thirsty and looking frosty.

15705281531081119705205.jpg

It's not a pretty pic sorry I'll get some better ones when I pull her out to tend to her next.

I now have clones veging in a 2x4 area waiting for the big room to finish with the flowering cycle.

15705285482271534709674.jpg

15705294207551628983103.jpg

The new baby's a few were suffering light burn and 2 with root rot so I had to make a new home for them.

Kp

Here is some better pics of her after looking over it today. The buds thick and firm not as big as I would like maybe they will get fatter while ripening.

I've been looking on line at similar plants and comparing terp profiles it looks like the main make up of the genetics is northern lights and it didn't come from a herm plant because of how many males I got from the seeds and they are true males they are flowering outside at the moment (surprised they are doing so well in the cold).

777cba9216c7cb3646bf2b4b59461b0f.0.jpg

Trichome production has really taken off.

20191011_172114.jpg

The colas filled out a bit then stopped but the buds are getting really solid. Thinking this has a lot to do with all my stuff ups during this grow. I think I'm 2-4 weeks from done the trichs are showing mostly clear a few cloudy and the odd amber one.

At the moment I'm at 80-85, feeding clean water and 600 watt hps lighting with still the same tip burn as last check up.

Kp

Next update

I gave her a quick hair cut a few days ago now I'm seeing the next round of pistols exploding out of the buds.
Still checking every 2-3 days the trichs and still all clear but those buds are fattening up nicely.

20191019_195308.jpg

Some of the colas were shading the others out so I had to tie her up and lower the light. Hopefully that will get more light to the clones too.

Kp

Time for another update.

Im noticing a few of the leaves starting to turn yellow, and what looks like a little nitrogen toxicity with the clawed leaves. Un fortunately I have real problems lifting her out now each time I get concerned the roots will let go and the plant will need too be harvested early.

f4011d73d8b097ebd8b19e14c0fe9c6f.0.jpg

9d15ec915b1d1c3f2e52d4561f2d2797.0.jpg

355bca0f82ebf36d8790b4db8ee0d617.0.jpg

You can sort of see the yellowing on the closer pics but I think I'll have to put a white light in there to really be able to photograph it well.

It looks a little like nute burn but I have only been feeding with water the last week I would try for more photos but they are tucked up in bed for the night.

Kp

Attachments

• f4011d73d8b097ebd8b19e14c0fe9c6f.0.jpg
    f4011d73d8b097ebd8b19e14c0fe9c6f.0.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 53
Looking back through my calender I'm 7-7.5 weeks in from what I can gather it's a 8-10 week strain so checking for trich ripeness more often and continuing the watering with nothing added.

I'm surprised a just how little it smells until you bump or handle the plant then there is a lovely citrus hops like aroma.

I honestly can't wait to chop it down !!!

Kp

Mm. Lots of new white pistils even yesterday. Looks like she’s starting her last push.
The gist of most of the advice I’ve read up here is that when you think she’s done... wait one week.
Your buds (they say) will double in weight in their last two weeks as the calyxes swell with resin.
I’m totally no expert. My yammering is unqualified. Maybe the changes you are seeing in your leaves is natural senescence? Where the plant cannibalises itself for nutrients. Is this the right time to stop feeding her? Feed to the end KP you’ll be glad you did.

Mm. Lots of new white pistils even yesterday. Looks like she’s starting her last push.
The gist of most of the advice I’ve read up here is that when you think she’s done... wait one week.
Your buds (they say) will double in weight in their last two weeks as the calyxes swell with resin.
I’m totally no expert. My yammering is unqualified. Maybe the changes you are seeing in your leaves is natural senescence? Where the plant cannibalises itself for nutrients. Is this the right time to stop feeding her? Feed to the end KP you’ll be glad you did.

Could be looking closer too the 10 weeks you think ? Unfortunately this part of the growing I have no idea what expect and how much longer it will take.

I suspect that experience is the only way I can improve the end product.

I have read that feeding right too the end can change the taste negatively is that just if I'm feeding with nutes that have nitrogen in them ?

There may have to be a run to the garden supply shop for some Canna PK I have Flores and another brand A&B solution but the other brand contains a lot of nitrogen for a flowering plant and I think that's why I have some clawing on a few leaves as that's the one I was using.

Kp

Hey KP. I hadn’t heard that about the taste of nitrogen in dried and cured bud. I know chlorophyll doesn’t add goodness, and if it isn’t cured out properly it can degrade to ammonia and taste like cat wee.

I’m only learning bits and pieces as I can on the mobility of different nutrients - hard to find the time to map out every bunny hole.

Considerations for timing the harvest:
1. You are the gardener; you make the choices.
2. Um, let me see.. nope, that’s about it.

I’m approaching my second indoor harvest. I chopped early last time (unavoidable, security) and as me and my wife were struggling this evening to finish a joint we agreed it’s some of the best pot we’ve ever smoked. Nothing we've bought touches it for flavour, and while it isn’t an absolute face melter it’s good enough. :cool: Our next lot are already much further on than our first so I’m pretty stoked.
You might want to try a partial harvest and take the top of your ripest one and leave the bottom half of the plant to go all the way. At least then you’ll have some meds.

Here is a link to further reading on the the topic of starving your plants at the end..
noneedtoflush
:morenutes:

That was a very useful link thanks !!

I did think it was strange that there is an opinion that the plants need to be flushed but you don't do it with vegetables. I have friends that swear by flushing, driving a screw through the stem of the plant and giving it two days of darkness before harvest. They grow pretty good buds better than you can buy normally usually when I buy from them I put it in the jar by the end of that jar it's getting pretty good.

Most of what we can buy normally is cut early speed dried and smells like lawn clippings and I would imagine is just as nice to smoke.

I had always attributed this terrible bud as stuff that wasn't flushed I only recently found out about curing.

There is huge amounts of misinformation and old wives tales one of the reasons I started reading up as much as I can was to try and grow better than I could buy locally.

Kp

Brilliant thanks I'll get to reading the rest of that thread tomorrow morning.

Thank Nunyabiz ^ reading list just got better.
My last harvest is just running out as my next is coming on, and such cure as it has had is giving me a glimpse of how good it will be when I can fill enough jars to last.
That’s a goal for me, to get some security with some storage, then reverse a clone for seed. Then I can pull up for a while,or at least have the option.
I love your clarity on the truth of the con-flush-ion/confusion. I wish I had’ve come across the thread you linked a month or two ago. Some people still quite aggressive and emotional about their Descartian meme.
:peace::yummy::cool:

There was a fair bit of emotion in that thread. I think I'll be feeding till the chop day after weighing up the info I've read.

I've just feed 1120 ppm terra Flores and un sulphered molasses adjusted back up with liquid lime. The wee ones got a watered down feed of the same.

I only just managed to pull the feed back up to 6.0 probably should have done some testing first as I had no idea it would be so low after mixing it all up.

20191025_214213.jpg

That's what I'm seeing on the popcorn at the bottom. There is also some yellow on a few of the leaves had a lot of trouble getting the camera to focus.

20191025_214119.jpg

At the top of the plant there is no problems with the leaves at all.

DD It's likely you are right in that she is eating herself because I've stopped feeding thinking it was almost finished.

There is also another potential issue that I have too keep in mind the last transplant I used a mulch heavy potting mix and didn't adjust it's ph there is likely a nasty layer of acid soil in the bottom of the pot. lesson learnt there my crop plants didn't little that soil at all and even caused a few casualties.

Kp

There was a fair bit of emotion in that thread.

Thanks for the heads up. I will need to wait until I am more well before reading.

I think I'll be feeding till the chop day after weighing up the info I've read.

On behalf of the girls you’ve been pouring your love into for so long ... :yahoo::slide::yahoo:

At the top of the plant there is no problems with the leaves at all.

Your plants are very healthy looking. I pat myself on the back that the leaves on my second run girls look better than my first in late flower. The colour on your leaves on this your first run is so much better than my second ;) You’re already a good gardener.

:high-five:

I used a mulch heavy potting mix

There’s a lot of things to learn all at once, but you’re a quick study. I can see that coz so am I. We’ll both be making our own soil soon if I’m not mistaken.

Thank you for your kind words

Have you watched Kaligrownbudz on YouTube ? I like his style a lot and would love to do that to my back yard !!

I think organic soil grows have a lot of potential especially outside and can't see why it wouldn't work inside.

I will be looking at making compost that will include the nutes needed for fast plant growth. One of the best ways of dealing with manure so that it does not burn your plants is to compost it and there is also cover crops that provide decent nutes for your plants.

Then mixing the components of your soil and amending for ph and deficiency should net you decent potting mix.

I need to be able to cook my soil before I can bring it inside

I also wouldn't mind trying coco coir except that you can't buy a lot of coco here with out people asking questions and taking your details.

This started out as an addition to my gardening hobby and quickly became an obsession.

Kp

I checked again tonight the pistol growth is still happening. All of the small buds are covered in them they are starting to pop in the bigger colas more now too.

386d5683907b71e82629f4741bad6d9a.0.jpg

9279ebfe8a4862b38ef86949dcd41692.0.jpg

48dbbbf0e0872ed19bcf301e5521ad52.0.jpg

f6547f9654e64c35e522829cfc00031a.0.jpg

Apologies for the horrible pics I'll do better pics later in the week and I'll try to get some trich pics at the same time.

Now I can see a few of the colas starting to fall over I'll have to tie them up. tomorrow I have some transplanting to get done then later more little plants too get shifted into the flower room to accommodate putting all of the plants into 3 gal pots.

All this to keep me busy while I work on growing one plant up to a 10 gal fabric pot to fill the room up for a defol project there is two seedlings that look like they have the shape for it thinking I'll pull clones from them to guarantee sex before I put all the work in on them like a rooted clone flower.

Kp

Back
Top Bottom