First Indoor Grow

It was probably about 6 months of procrastinating and thinking I shouldn't start I'll probably kill more than I can grow lol

Designer genetics are a far off dream for me just yet ..... This is the first lot of viable seeds I have managed to get my hands on in at least 15 years so it's a win in my eyes.

Over the years I've been promised clones from mates but it never eventuated

I have about 100 decent seeds so chances are I will find a decent enough mother plant eventually lol

I'm very fortunate that I'm quite handy and can get a lot of the gear i need free or really cheap it took about a month for the cobs to turn up, after that I fitted them to flood light heat sinks threw led drivers on and we have light !!

Thanks for all the kind words advice and welcomes

Hopefully in the near future I'll have some nice flower pics to share

Tx
Kp

Brilliant thanks for your help mate I'll get back to reading again lol
Hunt about the soil section mate and find a couple guys with a similar set up and see how they do it.
Same nutes and same media, the rest doesn't really matter. It's the watering technique and nute dosing that'll get you if you're unprepared.
How come you can't get seeds delivered? Live in afghan or somethin ?

It's still very much frowned on to the point where with the wrong judge you could get a decent amount of holiday time for importing seeds or even growing / possession of an ounce.

On a practical level the chances of that are getting less each year that passes it may even be legal soon enough :)

I'll check the soil section out next for some more reading before bed

Hope you don't mind if I saddle up for the ride. Glad to see you off to a good start.

That's a bit harsh man. Some companies will stash seeds inside a t-shirt or something like that if you ask them nicely. Gotta pay for the shirt like but they'll do it. Put a fake name on it and get it sent to an Amazon drop box if they exist in your part of the world.
Plenty ways round things these days mate. :)

Early indication is 2 female and one male as the pre flowers are developing I hope to see the tip of pistols emerging from the calyx's. I'll post some pics when the macro lens turns up.

The one showing male could still be female as the pre flower is not developed enough to tell for sure yet.

The runt plant is about two weeks behind the others because it stalled for so long and showing nothing.

I planted 4 seeds with the hope I got one usable female

Kp

Early indication is 2 female and one male as the pre flowers are developing I hope to see the tip of pistols emerging from the calyx's. I'll post some pics when the macro lens turns up.

The one showing male could still be female as the pre flower is not developed enough to tell for sure yet.

The runt plant is about two weeks behind the others because it stalled for so long and showing nothing.

I planted 4 seeds with the hope I got one usable female

Kp
Mine was the same way. 3 plants same strain. Biggest showed sex in 48 hours after flipping. Male showed a few days later and my other female exploded with pistols overnight after taking a week and half of 12-12.

Still have some time to wait for my new toy to turn up ......

Feel like it's time for an update on the plants I've just finished a pruning and training session.

IMG_20190822_000644.jpg

IMG_20190822_000650.jpg

1 & 2 are nearly ready for their last pot roots are coming out the bottom of the 3gal pot and they have real stems these plants have been the best the whole grow !!

IMG_20190822_000702.jpg

This one is looking better and finally starting to sprout some mass

#4 the runt

IMG_20190822_000705.jpg

And the one that was almost tossed, it's likely 3&4 will not get space under the flowering lights they might get put outside to see what happens and I'll strech the good plants out to fill the room up. I'm still not 100% with the pre flowers and was hoping they would be showing more by now it seems that what I thought was a calyx was new leaf buds with crossed stiples.

Kp

At what point do you stop up potting .....
20190826_210539.jpg

I just put the two most fierce plants into the biggest points I have currently it seems pointless at the rate the roots are growing I have a week or two before they need a new home !!

I don't actually think I can get bigger plastic pots.

What size do most soil growers use for a 2 plant scrog.

Apologies for the poor pics the root pics were an after thought after I already tipped them up.

Kp

Hey KP. That’s one of those ‘piece of string’ type questions. The bigger the root mass, the bigger the plant.
I have almost no experience so it’ll take no time: I found in a 5gal pot that became about a quarter of the height overall after stretch. So 1’ for the pot and almost 3’ per plant above soil.
Depends on the strain. Have to experiment to learn the ones you have.
Remember to factor in stretch as part of the screen-filling time.
Hope that helps.
:nomo:

Well just flipped to flower last week now it's clear I had 2 boys to put out

I'm left with on plant in the flower room that's 2 foot in diameter will get the first feed of a and b bloom feed with a table spoon of molasses in 1 gal measured 480ppm 6.5ph.

IMG_20190908_204911.jpg

I have to apologise for the flower pic but she is covered in pistols the lens I have is good for trichs not good for stuff that's bigger.

IMG_20190908_204815.jpg

After light spray and some training now at 200watts of cobs both 6500k and 3000k I got a shock at how fast it's stretching I've had to move the lights 2 time in 2 days !

Kp

Next update

3.5 weeks into flower

8a7c4e1cb76bb3d48de47dc3cb1ec92f.0.jpg

20190915_184711.jpg

20190915_184758.jpg

f3b1574fb4232870b1435a4b55ff4da7.0.jpg

And here is a few clones so far they are the longest lasting clones I've taken .... They were pulled 2 weeks after the flip so I'm thinking that they will take longer to root but even at 50% success id be happy.

20190915_133918.jpg

Looking at the amount shes grown in the last week I'm lucky that the other two were put out !!

At present I'm under 3000 and 4000 k 200 watt lights on 12/12 at 71°

Ph is floating between 6.2-6.5 feeding bloom nutes at 500 ppm and dry amendments

Noticing some red/purple splotching on the older fan leaf stems other than that she's looking nice and green.

Kp

This next lot was a few days ago
Feeding 1080 ppm bloom nutes two more 3000 k leds added in.

Plant is still stretching buds are getting larger and I can see thrics on the sugar leaves.

I'm noticing purple stems on all the clones and on the original plant.

fdc51b6a44acf797cc88372033011c98.0.jpg

4b4b8440c312e543f8d5de3a4dea4a88.0.jpg

037de059bb472668c214a9810ec468a5.0.jpg

390bc1df186bfc9896768b1cdbb83515.0.jpg

Sorry didn't crop the scope pics

The threat of my wife cannibalizing my poor plant is getting more real every day now

I'll point some pics of the clones up later I got a real shock just before to see roots out the side of the pallets on one of them !!

Kp

Yay! A bigger harvest next time should keep ‘er indoors ‘appier :cool:
Pretrim the larfy bits down low, give her some fan leaves - there is cbd and a little THC in them. Then she’s on to the testers - hope you left a few on?

Back
Top Bottom