First Indoor Grow

Having to tie up colas because they get too heavy must be a good thing. :)
I use light correcting/eye protecting glasses working under HPS and all my photos are taken just holding them in front of the camera/phone. The are really cheap at a local hydro shop.
Normal polarised sunnies should get the stripes out of the pictures even if the colour is still off.
Ours look to be at about the same stage - just waiting for pistils to stop before we check if we’re in the harvest window.
:rollit:

Having to tie up colas because they get too heavy must be a good thing. :)
I use light correcting/eye protecting glasses working under HPS and all my photos are taken just holding them in front of the camera/phone. The are really cheap at a local hydro shop.
Normal polarised sunnies should get the stripes out of the pictures even if the colour is still off.
Ours look to be at about the same stage - just waiting for pistils to stop before we check if we’re in the harvest window.
:rollit:

I've just been and got myself some hps glasses and a bottle of pk to help the flowering plants along I'll mix some up tonight for tomorrow's feed.

As for the colas I think it's more the angle I had them tied at than them being whoppers. I'm not expecting a breath taking harvest 1-2 oz would be a good enough outcome that we can stretch it out until the next round of plants are ready hopefully 4 oz would be ideal though.

Kp

Well DD wait on the plant a little longer was really good advice

20191031_204409.jpg

20191031_204347.jpg

20191031_204338.jpg

20191031_204231.jpg

In the last two days flower growth they have all exploded with pistols again after the first lot has gone brown another wave started I'm thinking I need to get another feed in tonight to encourage her.

Really exciting those flowers are dense almost no give when you give them a little pinch.
Kp

Just look at that frost monster! You can see much more detail in those pix :cool: and wow! It sounds like their development is really good already, but those buds seem determined to get heavier for you:yahoo:
Thanks for that, KP. It’s really put a smile on my face knowing you’re happy.
:high-five:
Now I’m off home to feed mine.

Just look at that frost monster! You can see much more detail in those pix :cool: and wow! It sounds like their development is really good already, but those buds seem determined to get heavier for you:yahoo:
Thanks for that, KP. It’s really put a smile on my face knowing you’re happy.
:high-five:
Now I’m off home to feed mine.
I was very surprised by the frost on her so far off the last defol I managed a mini run with the ice water and pulled about a gram of hash I can tell by the collection mostly on the 25 bag that it was not ripe back then: but it was enough to lessen the threats of missing colas:ganjamon:

Those glasses make a huge difference I don't need to drag the plants out now to look them over so will be less risk of wrecking trichs and damaging branches.

Lighting issues have hurt a little I think all that can be done now is feed watch and wait to see what happens.

Kp

Well the time came and I harvested the top half it's looking like that will be around 2 dry and after the lower end finishes will be less than a half and we got another tray of trim to make goodies with happy days.

Mrs Kp is now eying up my flowering males outside and talking baking with the good one I'll be happy as long as I can get some of those flower clusters to drop some pollen for me. It's all nice and purple and and actually had trichs on it with a really nice smell.

Anyone know the best way to store pollen until you have a decent female to make seeds with ?

Kp

:party:

Congratulations man! You got her across the line.
High One! That’s all I got I can’t high five like you guys. Hard enough typing with these darn hooves.

A trim party for the knife party people :cool:

Saw something on pollen storage somewhere, desiccated flour comes to mind. Good luck.

That’s what I was going to say..

eying up my flowering males outside and talking baking

it’s all got CBD in it as I understand it, the whole plant. Could be pretty useful. I hope you post what happens next on this I’d be happy to be schooled on this. :)

I did an ice bag run on the live trim I got a nice big ball of 73 micron and 120 micron hash and a brickette of 25 from the old trim and new trim total was 4 grams. I have never caught so much in the higher bags with any material I've run before and it's the first time I've seen the stuff in the 73 bag make hash so sticky I had problems pressing it and rolling a ball.

20191103_182642.jpg

It's actually the first time I've run live trim and I'm already looking forward to the next run.

Kp

Both the males are now ripe and will get the chop in a few days what ever we can't get in the baking will get run through the ice bags.

We are down to 2.6 oz with 6% more weight loss expected till it's dry enough for the jars with what looks like one more on the lower end of the plant finishing up. So with the stalks gone I'm expecting the final weigh in to be around 3 oz.

Kp

Well the dry was a bit faster than I was hoping I didn't even cut holes in the box to try and slow it down. We got it all jarred tonight weight going into the jars was 2.5 normally I can get 2 in the big jar with a little space at the top thankfully I had the other little jar clean too and ready have to sterilize my other jars before the second chop looking like maybe another week will have to see when the growth on the flowers stops.

First a quick nug shot.

20191107_195205.jpg

Then a jar shot

20191107_195119.jpg

Then the remainder of the plant.

20191107_193919.jpg

It needs to be said this particular plant and her clones have taken some real abuse like a champ there have been plenty of 95° days with an avg of 85° and as low as 70° for lights off the plants outside have survived hail frost and the same 95° days and been really tolerant of my noob mistakes. The one seedling I have in the flower room is going through heat stress while the rest are happily flowering away!

The next big purchase for me will be an extractor fan and intake fan before we really start to see summer.

Kp

Congrats on the weights KP! Not too shabby.
It would cost you between $1250 and $1500 to purchase that where I am. Think of the money you’ve saved.
Colourful, dangerous looking gear all nicely trimmed. And more to come...
:welldone:
And she smokes ok?

Congrats on the weights KP! Not too shabby.
It would cost you between $1250 and $1500 to purchase that where I am. Think of the money you’ve saved.
Colourful, dangerous looking gear all nicely trimmed. And more to come...
:welldone:
And she smokes ok?

I still have prescription meds to get me through until they wreck my gut so bad I can't eat again. I am finding that consuming the raw leaves is helping so that I don't need to take the pain killers so much. I try to avoid opiates from prescription as much as possible !!

Where I am is the same as you that is a lot of money saved Mrs kp has been complaining a little about it but speed dried medicine tastes horrible I'll wait till it smells nice again in the jar.

At the moment you can't even find any even if you wanted to buy it ..... That won't change until after Christmas.

I got the seeds from bag and it was nice stuff and unfortunately it's the only way to get seeds where I am.

Strain un-known.
Germination date :14 July
Tap root popped : 12 hrs after putting inc the water.
Light : 4000k 50 watt cob 85 cri
Soil : coca husk and potting mix
Ph 5.8
Temp 22 deg C or 72 F

The results 1.5 weeks in

20190723_230141.jpg

I have to apologize for my camera I will use a better one for more pics in the future.

I think there is two reasons they could be so stretched the first light I was using wasn't good enough or they are stretched because of the strain.

As the plants start to develop I'll put more lights in just didn't want to cook the seedlings.

The plan is to scrog them hight is not a problem as the cupboard is 9' to the roof and 5.5' square and I can do what I like to it to suit the plants.

I will be making a carbon filter exhaust fan to suit the room and rigging the lights over the weekend.

If anyone is happy to help out with advice as I journey through my first grow it would be much appreciated.

Tx Kp
If the tx means you live in Texas you can get seeds buddy, try true north, Mephisto, sensi skunk, there’s a few sites that have cheap seeds you can get with card. Only worry about random seeds is you never know when ones gonna pop some nanners and effect the ladies

Tx
If the tx means you live in Texas you can get seeds buddy, try true north, Mephisto, sensi skunk, there’s a few sites that have cheap seeds you can get with card. Only worry about random seeds is you never know when ones gonna pop some nanners and effect the ladies

Tx is thanks

I'm not in the states unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom