First PC Grow Box Grow

Purple, for the next couple days or up to a week lets try raising the seedling so its closer to the lights. A 18 watt cfl has basically zero heat and really as long as they do not touch the seedling directly it should be ok. I just want to stop it stretching as it may start doing giving the distance.

Try keeping the top of seedling 2 inches away and see how it reacts.

Also remember that since your soil has no perlite you gotta make sure you do not over water.

photo-326.JPG

This is day 7 and to crikket I raised it about 3 inches from light bcuz I coudlnt find anything to make it higher with out touching th light and I can't make them horrizontal bcuz the lights stick out and I can't close the box

Soil stilll looks wet, make sure its really really really getting a chance to dry out.

BTW the seedling looks right on par for day 8.

its not until day 10-15ish that you will see any real growth. Most the growth in beginning is the root system.

Soil stilll looks wet, make sure its really really really getting a chance to dry out.

BTW the seedling looks right on par for day 8.

its not until day 10-15ish that you will see any real growth. Most the growth in beginning is the root system.

Well day 6 or 7 is when I watered it bcuz when I took the pic it was moist but it started to get pretty dry on the first couple of layers but I'll let it dry out more next time

Ok well it sounds like it was about time then, just wanted to make sure it was not being overdone.

The cool thing about a clear pot like yours is you can see the lower parts of soil to see if they wet still. The bad parts of a clear pot is that light kills roots. Oh thats another thing, eventually you will probably want to wrap the tupperware with something so that light can not shine through the sides. Duct tape or painting it works well.

Your grow is going great! I have made myself a PC Grow box. It doesn't look as nice as yours, but I think it will get the job done! Thanks for the inspiration.

keep in mind fellas there are some big ass computer cases too.

Like I have a "gaming computer" which is like 2.5 feet tall, 2.5 feet long and a good 7 inches maybe 8 wide.

You could find one at frys for 50 bucks or so too.

Ok well it sounds like it was about time then, just wanted to make sure it was not being overdone.

The cool thing about a clear pot like yours is you can see the lower parts of soil to see if they wet still. The bad parts of a clear pot is that light kills roots. Oh thats another thing, eventually you will probably want to wrap the tupperware with something so that light can not shine through the sides. Duct tape or painting it works well.

I've wrapped electrical tape around it

Your grow is going great! I have made myself a PC Grow box. It doesn't look as nice as yours, but I think it will get the job done! Thanks for the inspiration.

Thx man I'm lookin forward to seeing ur grow journal if u plan on making one hope u do:thumb:

Drpurple as soon as I get some seeds I will! I have tried once before in a box, I did not even think it out at all. Although I don't really plan on testing ph and what not. I will just water my soil I guess. Unless I can find anything around the house. Last one I basically dug soil from outside and put it in a box with tinfoil... lol :goodluck:

Drpurple as soon as I get some seeds I will! I have tried once before in a box, I did not even think it out at all. Although I don't really plan on testing ph and what not. I will just water my soil I guess. Unless I can find anything around the house. Last one I basically dug soil from outside and put it in a box with tinfoil... lol :goodluck:

Well what I would do is go to ur weed person and ask him if u can pick threw his stash for seeds for like 10 bucks mine did some people r cool some people aren't its worth a try but if u get soil from outside I heard u should microwave it and then freeze it and I think some perlite but I got my ph meter from free cycle just asked for pool stuff and it was in a box I alway do free cycle cuz u never no what u could use from another mans trash like the reflective shit in mine is old car reflector stuff for blocking sun just sayin there's a use for like all "trash" lol

photo_1226.JPG
photo_2194.JPG

This is day 9 and my fernis went out while I was gonna but the plant still seems healthy although the temperature of the box dropped to 54 degrees for about 6 or 7 hours or possibly more I'm not sure but today whe my light cycle came on I turned both lights on and I'm wondering if I should switch it to 12 12 just bcuz I've been researching the results for 12/12 from seed and I think I would want to try it but crikket I would like some of ur advice on switching light cycles and if my baby will beok with the temperature drop I'm doin everything I can to get the temp back to norm thx

54 should not be a concern.

Also in a box like yours (and i assume this box is lightproof) you can run the lighting at night time and the darkness during daytime. This will keep temps more stable.

I say let it get one more week then go 12/12.

BTW your soil drys really slow, and btw your baby wants nitrogen.

Also keep in mind it is a possibility you will get a male growing from seed. For a future try might want to use a clone or have like 2 or 3 seedlings to lessen chances of all males.

Ok thanks jimmy yea it was drying really slow until I put on both lights now I have to water like every other day and how would I go about giving it nitrogen

Well a very cheap and organic way is fish poop. You get it at home depot or lowes and its only like 5 bucks for a quart. The Alaskan fish company makes it. It will say 5-1-1 Fish Emulsion.

Any manure will be rich in Nitrogen however. It does not specifically have to be from fish.

Back
Top Bottom