First Real Attempt at Growing - Bagseed & Mysterious Clone Under CFLs

Hey guys, everything is coming along nicely but there is something that was totally unexpected. I started getting some BALLS and I'm guessing that is the cause for premature browning of the pistils. I had only found one that was completely opened and took 2 others. Which is all I could find but will definitely be keeping an eye out for the little bud ruiners.

The other thing is that I accidentally snapped off my favorite branch in attempts to super crop it. So what happens to the energy that was being used for that branch? will it be distributed to the other branches?

Lastly, I cut off a popcorn bud but to my surprise it was very dense. I will post a before and after picture once it dries :)

IMAG1910.jpg

IMAG1886.jpg

Tallest Cola
IMAG1888.jpg

Here is a picture of that bud with the pistil problem which seems to be doing fine meow.
IMAG1901.PNG

oh BALLS
IMAG1907.PNG

The one of three pollen sacs (only one that opened)
IMAG1895.jpg

Right after a much needed trimming and thinning
IMAG1890.jpg

Here is why you have to be careful super cropping the stiff main stem
IMAG1892.jpg

The bag seed plants' clone is doing very good and I am training both top colas to go in opposite directions...Just testing something out.

Lookin good man beautiful plants goin on nice and healthy lookin keep up the good work:thumb:

Hey mrsdank, thanks for the kind words.

I am going to start flushing tomorrow when the lights go on. I realize that it's probably a little late to start flushing but what can ya do: :rollit: There was this really cool article about flushing and it said to start flushing before the calyxes start to swell.... Does this sound right to you experienced growers out there?

Hey there fog. looks a bit early to start flushing to me. Those calyxes will start swelling allot more soon. You'll know when you're getting closer when the pistils start shriveling up & turning red. Also I'd advise pinching all those balls off your plant. I've had hermies turn out pretty good before. You just have to be vigilant about getting the pollen sacs off before they pop.

At least. It all really depends on what you like. Harvest earlier When the trichs are still cloudy white & it'll be a more upbeat hyper stone. Wait till you've got more amber & it's be more of a couchlock one. I'd say just wait a couple weeks & see how she looks. Don't go by how long it's been flowering but by what it looks like. Some strains are fast & some are slow. Oh & it'll stop groin those balls after a certain point too. Just keep pulling em off before they pop.

From the looks of it I would still be feeding them for another two weeks. she will still add weight. mid of the 2nd week you can start ropping the strength of your nutes down till its just fresh water.

Thanks for the help guys, gonna be feeding another week and a half. Hey do any of you use molasses or would you recommend it at this point in flowering.

Oh ya and it has been 35 days since I switched to 12/12.

There was a lonely branch in the back I had not really noticed and it wasn't getting much light so I clipped it about 4 days ago. The smoke is very nice but a bit harsh I would have to say.

first time here guys...not sure if this is the rite spot to show up but the thread is rite inline with me. first time steal grower here. just started germination last nite after a weekend of building the grow room

I think I have either nute burn or light burn but I am not really sure, so.... The first picture is what I am talking about. It seems like the pistils have gotten light burned but the lights really are not that close (it is very cool around the lights by the way) and if it was a nute problem why are there only a couple top buds burnt? Wouldn't all of the buds have this problem? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Other then that everything is coming along nicely. The gorilla clone is looking insanely bushy, sexy and awesome. Along with the clone, which has seemed to double in size over night. I completed my carbon filter which I can happily and sadly say that the sweet smell is barely noticeable. The only thing I have left to do to my grow box is add mylar, a 150watt hps and make it airtight so the smell is 100% gone.

Oh ya and instead of getting big bloom and tiger bloom from foxfarm I am switching over completely to house and garden nutrients after a discussion with my local hydroponics dealer about "tomatoes". :cough:
IMAG18161.jpg

Burnt pistils
IMAG18171.jpg

normal pistils from another bud
IMAG18151.jpg

Got my hands on my favorite strain, bubba kush. Which is a strain I plan on growing multiple times.
IMAG1806.jpg

Here is the carbon filter/fan I made and it works amazingly and only costs around 35-40 US.

can u do a step by step how to make that carbian filter plz rep for making one how big is ur space so if i make one that size can it what i got kk thanks looking good nice plants!

Ive noticed that if i put a few spoon fulls of perlite around the base on top of the soil it gets rid of the gnat problems ive told other growers about this and its helped them too, hope it helps you out.

Got some seeds, got some nice bud, decent first grow. I got 4.5 ounces wet and is now on its' 3rd day of drying.

I had to cut the other plant down because it was basically growing out of its' box and my cabinet would not of held it once I switched to flower. Got some clones rooted from that plant though so it's all good. :)
IMAG2121.jpg

IMAG21241.jpg

Top cola
IMAG2125.jpg

After removing the fan leaves
IMAG2126.jpg

4.5 ounces, wet.
IMAG21291.jpg

It was fun playing mother nature for a few months.

Thanks man, it is just a clone I took from a Gorilla garden I found walking through the woods.

I love living in a world where that is possible! :cheer:

Got some seeds, got some nice bud, decent first grow. I got 4.5 ounces wet and is now on its' 3rd day of drying.It was fun playing mother nature for a few months.

Really good frame of mind for me to emulate! (and a tremendous harvest:bravo:)

Back
Top Bottom