First Real Attempt at Growing - Bagseed & Mysterious Clone Under CFLs

Well I have a total of 173 actual wattage which is 650 watts of output...or something like that haha. The only difference I made was I added (3) 150 watt 2700k bulbs to the mix and took one 100 watt 6400k out.

Ok so you're running 173 total watts. That's the only number that matters. when dealing with CFL's the equivalent out put number is completely irrelevant. The reason being that number is used to represent the lumen output compared to an incandescent bulb. Lumen output has no relevance to your plants as its a measure of visible light and not an accurate representation of how much energy the bulbs are making available to your plants. SO running 3 100 watt equivalent bulbs does not equal 300 watts worth of growing power. you're only providing the with 78 watts of actual growing power. of which you're not really utilizing much more than 60% unless you have a really good reflector and light rig.

In any case You're girls are looking healthy but you may want to increase how much actual wattage you're providing them. During bloom she's appreciate the extra boost of energy so she can increase the amount of production of needed sugars and amino acids that help produce buds. One other small side note is you may wish to find a way to rearrange your lights to a more horizontal of slanted angle as CFl's project 90% of their light on a horizontal plain. when you hang them vertical you'r not utilizing their out put as well as you could be.. Just some food for thought!

Keep up the good work man!

Hey thanks for the tips, I plan on making a reflector sometime this week from these plans. From what you have told me I think this would help quite a bit, what do you think? I probably won't be adding any more lights because my next grow will most likely involve a hps for the flowering stage and just stick with cfls for the veg stage.

Picture update:
IMAG17701.jpg

IMAG17691.jpg

IMAG17621.jpg

IMAG17681.jpg

This is the light fixture I through together today. I still need to add a fan blowing onto the lights to keep heat from building up and maybe some mylar hanging off the sides?

Hey guys so a quick update...
The plants are loving the extra light (thanks ItsChrome). Those hairs seem to be stretching out a bit and I can see some oils building up on the sugar leaves.
The gorilla clone is vegging out like crazy....my biggest problem thus far is light burn. I never seem to raise em' in time.
The clone I took off a couple weeks ago is doing awesomely. I did some LSTing and trimmed a couple fan leaves to really open it up. Now I am just going to let her do its' thing from here on out.
IMAG17821.jpg

Sexy looking flower
IMAG1775.jpg

before lsting and trimming
IMAG17791.jpg

after lsting and trimming
IMAG1777.jpg

This is my lights on temperature but it's probably 75 degrees right around my plants because the temperature gauge is on top of the light fixture.

I think I have either nute burn or light burn but I am not really sure, so.... The first picture is what I am talking about. It seems like the pistils have gotten light burned but the lights really are not that close (it is very cool around the lights by the way) and if it was a nute problem why are there only a couple top buds burnt? Wouldn't all of the buds have this problem? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Other then that everything is coming along nicely. The gorilla clone is looking insanely bushy, sexy and awesome. Along with the clone, which has seemed to double in size over night. I completed my carbon filter which I can happily and sadly say that the sweet smell is barely noticeable. The only thing I have left to do to my grow box is add mylar, a 150watt hps and make it airtight so the smell is 100% gone.

Oh ya and instead of getting big bloom and tiger bloom from foxfarm I am switching over completely to house and garden nutrients after a discussion with my local hydroponics dealer about "tomatoes". :cough:
IMAG18161.jpg

Burnt pistils
IMAG18171.jpg

normal pistils from another bud
IMAG18151.jpg

Got my hands on my favorite strain, bubba kush. Which is a strain I plan on growing multiple times.
IMAG1806.jpg

Here is the carbon filter/fan I made and it works amazingly and only costs around 35-40 US.

A little more of a detailed update for ya guys...

Bag seed
Stage?Flowering
How old? 2 months 2 weeks
Condition? Flowering nicely, getting a light frosting on the buds, some pistils got light burned I believe.

Gorilla clone
Stage?Vegetative
How old? 1 month, 2 weeks
Condition? Well into vegging, growing like a weed, light burn here and there.

Bag seed clone
Stage? Vegetative
How old?1 month
Condition? Growing nicely, no problems

Gorilla clone-clone
Stage? Clone stage
How old? 1 week
Condition? Just working on its' roots

IMAG1828.jpg

She is drowning herself in energy :D
IMAG1855.jpg

Flower shot
IMAG1832.PNG

Underside of a super cropped branch
IMAG1826.jpg

I am probably going to have to Scrog this plant. When do you start using the screen of green method, should I have started already or just wait until the plant enters the flowering stage?
IMAG1825.jpg

The clone from my bag seed plant is coming along nicely. Oh and this plant was topped about a week ago.

Back
Top Bottom