First Time DWC Grower - Amnesia Haze - Durban Poison - Vanilla & Lemon Kush - 2016

daggamanSA

Hi Guys.

Starting a new journal with a mixed variety. This is a DWC grow. Please feel free to follow, assist, recommend or even just chat if you want to. Would appreciate every last bit of input.

Regarding the grow:

2x Amnesia Haze
2 x Durban Poison
2 x Vanilla Kush
2 x Lemon Kush
All have been germinated within the last 2-7 days using a variety of methods. (water in cup, paper towel, rockwool and *soil)

*Soil is an experiment to note certain factors once flowering starts.

All are grown indoor DWC.

I have a 165w CFL cupboard for my seedlings, vegging plants and clones. (2'x2'x2')
As soon as it is time to flip the lights they go over to my flowering room in which I run a 400w Son-e HPS.(3'x4')

I live on a mountain range, so no need for ventilation as I built a DIY light filter that allows for a constant airflow across my plants.

I am running a new Nute regime which a friend of mine developed himself to test for him. Will give the breakdown if anyone is interested.
In conjunction with this I also use H202 on a daily basis.

Now that we are on the same page, here are a couple of photos!
20160229_152126.jpg
20160229_152109.jpg
20160229_152045.jpg
20160229_151904.jpg
20160229_151909.jpg
20160229_151940.jpg
20160229_151831.jpg
20160229_151840.jpg
20160229_151858.jpg
20160229_151740.jpg
20160229_151725.jpg

Re: First Time DWC Grower - Amnesia Haze - Durban Poison - Vanilla & Lemon Kush - 201

Ok, so a couple of days have gone past since my last upload. I decided to NOT do all in hydros, but some in soil as well, just to compare.
The one Vanilla Kush really had a nice growth spurt over the last 2/3 days.
We also had a bit of a heat wave, so had some algae starting to build up on the roots of the Durban Poison plant. Did a root wash with diluted H202 and the plant seems to have recovered completely.

I also installed a second 400w hps to make sure I have enough light seeing as i would be flipping the switch to flowering next week Monday.

I have also had some mixed feedback on the nutes. They seem ok, but allows for rapid algae production, way to little Cal and Mag and also seem to assist in salt buildup. I got the new re-adjusted nutes yesterday, so lets hope for the best.
Amnesia Haze Day 7
20160308_124157.jpg

Lemon Haze Day 10
20160308_124139.jpg

Durban Poison Day 7
20160308_124126.jpg

Odd Vanilla Kush phenotype. Short with Sativa-looking leaves
20160308_124113.jpg
20160308_124051.jpg

Re: First Time DWC Grower - Amnesia Haze - Durban Poison - Vanilla & Lemon Kush - 201

I almost feel compelled to go back to DWC.

Must...fight the curiosity...:whoa:

Have fun, those roots look shiny and fine at this stage!

V:bongrip:

I almost feel compelled to go back to DWC.

Must...fight the curiosity...:whoa:

Have fun, those roots look shiny and fine at this stage!

V:bongrip:

Comparing the DWC plants with the soil plants seem unfair at this stage. The DWC plants are literally 2-5x larger than their soil counterparts.

Here are some nice root photos V!

Just check the Lemon Kush and the Durban Poison. Funny how the different strains produce different root systems?

Lemon Kush roots
20160308_171426.jpg

Durban Poison roots
20160308_171320.jpg

Amnesia Haze roots
20160308_171251.jpg

Great to see your journal up. All nice looking young ladies you have and trying a few different ideas is great, I will be following your adventure.

Thanks MB, I feel we all should constantly try different things, look for different options, maybe try to replicate results instead of trying to grow? You get what I'm saying? In Africa we are so far behind the rest of the world in certain aspects and it's about time we get up there with the rest of you guys!:cheer:

Had to do another root wash today on the lady with H202 :bitingnails::trance: but at the moment the lady seems as if she is recovering nicely. If ever you see ANY rotty-snotty substance on any of your roots IMMEDIATELY make a plan, otherwise she will not make it.

The solution I used to wash the roots in was 4ml 12% H202 mixed with 5ml ph'ed water in a syringe. I then lightly squeezed out the solution on the worse infected areas. At this point you will see the H202 munch off all the bad algae and bacteria. Whatever solution is left in the syringe I will evenly disperse over the rest of the roots just to make sure that there is no snottyness left.

This whole operation should take you no longer than 45 seconds to complete. After this done, take 1 litre of ph'ed water and rinse your roots properly. After this you can return your plant to your newly-exchanged reservoir. I like to then for a last time flush my rockwool and roots with the solution in my reservoir and leave the plant to recover.

Hopefully none of you experience this, but if you do, lets hope you catch it early.

I am also considering to top the one lady. Seeing as I have always grown outdoor, LST has always been the route I followed, but I have reeeeeally been tempted to top this girl.

The contemplation begins.:hmmmm::hmmmm:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom