First Time Grow! by Lebowskii

Mylar expense depends on how big of a roll you get, like a 4 ft wide by 50ft at 2 mil which I recommend because it is thicker and more sturdy runs like 35-40$ at least around here. However for an outdoor shed I say you should try some panda film that way u can keep heat signature in and moisture out as well as getting reflectiveness however it is a bit more expensive. But depends on your grow room measurements.

Hope this helps.

SG

Mylar expense depends on how big of a roll you get, like a 4 ft wide by 50ft at 2 mil which I recommend because it is thicker and more sturdy runs like 35-40$ at least around here. However for an outdoor shed I say you should try some panda film that way u can keep heat signature in and moisture out as well as getting reflectiveness however it is a bit more expensive. But depends on your grow room measurements.

Hope this helps.

SG

Like I said before, Ill snap some pics, take some measurements, and show you guys what im working with. I working along the lines of effectiveness over price. IMO, its worth spending a little extra on a grow room that ill get to use for a while ;) Thanks for the info bud, ill look into this "Panda Film" :thanks:

Like I said before, Ill snap some pics, take some measurements, and show you guys what im working with. I working along the lines of effectiveness over price. IMO, its worth spending a little extra on a grow room that ill get to use for a while ;) Thanks for the info bud, ill look into this "Panda Film" :thanks:
nice idea! I just skipped the lights....and removed the roof.:)
I had some of the foil backed foam but it started making itchy dust after a few years, so i switched it out to white plastic backed foam. next year i will put down a pond liner on the floor and use panda over the foam for more light reflection and easy cleaning.

-
my little "wood" shed.
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/0607101421.jpg

Wow SB, that is awesome! If I CAN turn the chicken coop into a grow-op, itll have to have lights unfortunately. It resides underneath a big ass tree. But I plan on going out to the shed today and cleaning it out possibly, see what I have to work with. (hopefully the structure is even sturdy enough....)

I went out and bought some "Grandma's Gold standard all natural, unsulphured, molasses" (Original)

I read up on molasses but (;)) cant find the thread that told me what kind to get, but my grocery store only had this brand so I hope it will do. I intend on mixing it in to some boiling water and giving it to my two budding babies so far at the rate of... 1tablespoon/gallon a couple times a week. Does this sound about correct?

Kandy will start her flush soon. I hope to harvest her in about 3 weeks. ( every time I make a guestimate on when she will be done, she seems to slow down her growth and prove me wrong.... but her top half hasnt even filled out yet.)

Also. minor update.

Trainwreck has flowers forming officially, Kandy has flowers on her top, so she will start really filling out now... and... I have started to supercrop the kushage. Bent about 5 of her tall branches over yesterday, Ill go out and see how she is doing here in a bit!

Wow SB, that is awesome! If I CAN turn the chicken coop into a grow-op,
It will be a grow-coop.

Thanks 4 da reps! My shed was pretty rickety till we put up some plywood on the corrugated walls to sheer things up.

As long as the molasses is unsulphered, you should be set. I never have used that much per gallon tho, but I see some folks that do...I dont boil it either, I just get a pyrex bowl and nuke some water to get it hot, then mix in the grandmas and add to rez.

PS put the open bottle of molasses in another bowl of warm tap water to make it easier to get out.

Hey brother how are ya. i just wanted to check your grow..looks awsome. i was just thinking how lucky you are that u can drive a little and pick u rooted clones...that is the fuckin balls...i just learned how to clone. and i feel like with the clones ill be a lot more efficient...i been growing from seed for 4 yrs. 4 frikkin years to get a frikkin clone to root....i could grow brown slime with the best of em. noww i can sog or scrog..is this grow done now. at least very close right?

It will be a grow-coop.

Thanks 4 da reps! My shed was pretty rickety till we put up some plywood on the corrugated walls to sheer things up.

As long as the molasses is unsulphered, you should be set. I never have used that much per gallon tho, but I see some folks that do...I dont boil it either, I just get a pyrex bowl and nuke some water to get it hot, then mix in the grandmas and add to rez.

PS put the open bottle of molasses in another bowl of warm tap water to make it easier to get out.

I went out and checked out the old abandoned chicken coop and it turns out... it wouldnt be a bad setup at all. MUCH more crowded then growing outdoors, but definately not the smallest grow room I have seen. I would definately have to reinforce a couple sides of it... and kill the 17,000 spiders in it...

But I gave my purple kush molassis today. Mixed 1 tablespoon into 2 gallons of water and gave her a straight shot of that to her roots. Hopefully she will like it... Thanks for the molassis tips. Helped a lot. That !@#$ is nasty.....

Hey brother how are ya. i just wanted to check your grow..looks awsome. i was just thinking how lucky you are that u can drive a little and pick u rooted clones...that is the fuckin balls...i just learned how to clone. and i feel like with the clones ill be a lot more efficient...i been growing from seed for 4 yrs. 4 frikkin years to get a frikkin clone to root....i could grow brown slime with the best of em. noww i can sog or scrog..is this grow done now. at least very close right?

;) thanks for stoppin in maan!

Luckily... yes. It took 5 and a half hours... 3 stops at fast food resturaunts ( ;) ;) ) and some gas, and I came home with all of my plants you see in one paper bag that could have fit in the glove box. Clones are definately faster then from seed... but I think from what Ive seen, Id much rather grow from seed... Clones grow kinda sparatically and dont have much of a pattern, seeds, the nodes come up perfectly (or just about perfectly...)

I tried cloning a few times, but the trainwreck was the one that made it out... but It still worked! :yahoo:

I have one plant that I will probably havest in about... 3 weeks. and Im not sure, but depending on how fast she fills out, I have a plant very far along that is flowering.... and she may finish about the same time. As for the rest of the crop. I give it another month... month and a half at least probably....

Outdoor takes forever....

I have no control of the lighting... they have been 12/12 (apx) from the start... and about half of them are just now starting to show babie flowers at the bottoms.... and its the start of week 14 as of thursday....

Indoor... Id be done by now.

Coulda been slowed by the clones being raised in 18-6 then me planting them outside possibly? idk... just seems like mine are taking a long time... or maybe im just impatient ;)

depo = light deprivation to give 12/12 all year long like indoor.
under natural conditions long enough nites for flowering around here aren't until around the middle to end of july, but in a week or so ill be harvesting some 'outdoor' plants I started first week in may and flipped via depo first week of june.
the same cuts inside are done now. so outside is only a week or two at most more than inside, due most probably to an unseasonably large number of cloudy days, some 48* nights and a few 95*+ days.

sorry if i hijacked.

depo = light deprivation to give 12/12 all year long like indoor.
under natural conditions long enough nites for flowering around here aren't until around the middle to end of july, but in a week or so ill be harvesting some 'outdoor' plants I started first week in may and flipped via depo first week of june.
the same cuts inside are done now. so outside is only a week or two at most more than inside, due most probably to an unseasonably large number of cloudy days, some 48* nights and a few 95*+ days.

sorry if i hijacked.

god damnit. I woulda flipped them if I had thought of that! great info maan. If any of them arent flowering in another week or so... Im gunna try it. Actually. Im gunna be in a hurry to get my new trainwreck clone done before winter... so Ill attemt to "depo" it :) how did you go about doing this? and no worries dude, didnt highjack, love getting tips/feedback/advice :) :thanks:

so many ways... large box. garbage can. hoop greenhouse pulled over top each night with blackout tarp. beach umbrella with blackout draped over and around. one grower i knew had his grow in the bed of an old pickup and just pulled into his barn each night. that was pretty sweet.
Which one, depends on your grow. security/stealth/budget ect. i missed this whole thread so i basically have no clue what your grow is like yet.
:reading420magazine:
I had a manually operated opaque roof panel that i move each night and morning. I even got a garage door opener off craigslist to move it with a timer, but by the time I got it nearly all set up the nights were dark enough and i wanted the valuable vertical space the roof takes up, so next crop il get it automated. -unless i turn it into an automated rain shield with some clear panels/plastic sheeting for fall... hmmm...

my problem is... most my plants are 5ft+ in height... not sure what to put over them... and my budget is about... 0$ at the moment... Im straight broke.But I do have a greenhouse like setup around the plants about 8 feet tall... so if i could get some blackout tarp... I could probably trip them if they were all still veging... its just hard cuz they are all in different stages....

how much light depo does it take to trip an outdoor plant? and how many times does it take? could I trip a plant with a couple days of light depo? say for an hour or two of the suns light per day?

whats your latitude? it should be flowering time in most of the con US now or close to it. any chance theres light pollution messing with them?

Almost perfectly on 38 for latitude. define light polution.... we have an outdoor light that is on all night, but it only hits one or two of the plants... relatively dim, about.. 20 feet away from enclosure, at a weird angle...

Hope thats not my problem.... :(

Light is known as a "security" light I believe... It gets REALLY dark here because we are in the woods...so around here we have lights that keep our yards illuminated so we can see snakes and whatnot if we are walking around... or... see someone trying to creep into my garden so I can aim down my sites well....

im afraid so. check the darkest branches, are they flowering more?

God damnit. That could explain why I have a giant ass G-13. It has baby flowers on the bottom but all the top growth is just starting to get little pre flowers. (essentially... if it werent for the small flowers... I could barely tell its a female....) and its the biggest/bushiest one I have.... Do you think covering them up at night/ at least block the light out would solve this problem, and If so... how long will I need to do it for to trip it?

The only thing the light doesnt solve is why my other purple kush isnt flowering yet either... Its HUGE but no flowers yet... when its twin sister (clones came from same place same time ) is already half way done filling out with buds.... Im so confused...

Glad you stopped in... this whole last month has just been spinning my head.... :bongrip:

I went out and checked out the old abandoned chicken coop and it turns out... it wouldnt be a bad setup at all. MUCH more crowded then growing outdoors, but definately not the smallest grow room I have seen. I would definately have to reinforce a couple sides of it... and kill the 17,000 spiders in it...

But I gave my purple kush molassis today. Mixed 1 tablespoon into 2 gallons of water and gave her a straight shot of that to her roots. Hopefully she will like it... Thanks for the molassis tips. Helped a lot. That !@#$ is nasty.....

If you use Molasses make sure it is blackstrap molasses (unsulphered). because it is the most nutritionally valuable of the various types of molasses since it contains the greatest concentration of sulfur, potash, iron, and micronutrients from the original cane material. So it's not just the sugar content that makes molasses useful, but its trace minerals.

Molasses is also an excellent chelating agent, which means that it can help convert some chemical nutrients into a form that's easily available for organisms and plants to use.

Back
Top Bottom