First Time Grow! by Lebowskii

If you use Molasses make sure it is blackstrap molasses (unsulphered). because it is the most nutritionally valuable of the various types of molasses since it contains the greatest concentration of sulfur, potash, iron, and micronutrients from the original cane material. So it's not just the sugar content that makes molasses useful, but its trace minerals.

Molasses is also an excellent chelating agent, which means that it can help convert some chemical nutrients into a form that's easily available for organisms and plants to use.

Is it ok to feed all my plants a little Molasses? say... once a week until they are finished? or should I just hold off and feed them when they start budding?

The stuff I got says on the label "Unsulphered" so... hopefully that means its "blackstrap"

Went out and grabbed some shots of my sick baby and my possible future grow room... :yahoo: , they will be up later today!

Ok I lied. Pics are coming up today. But before I upload/post... got some crazy disappointing... frustrating... confusing stuff to rant about.

I took some pictures of the big G-13 that I am pretty sure is getting too much light and not wanting to flower.
Picture_1010.JPG
Today is the start of week 14... and to be honest... I thought All the girls would be done by now when I started this grow. So... (please tell me if this works...) I hung a dark black piece of mesh fabric ontop of the green stuff already in place to cut out the light from that side of the garden.
Picture_162.JPG
Although it cuts off the G-13 to the first... 4 hours of morning sun... the others will be nearly unaffected because the G-13 is so bushy, they werent getting morning light untill around 10 anyway.

Im hoping that blocking off the morning sun light, as well as the light from my "security" light will send her into a flowering rampage. with help from SnowBender, I decided the security light was my main problem. There are baby pre-flowers everywhere but...No flowers in site. and its been like this for a few weeks now...
Picture_174.JPG

NEXT PROBLEM.

Along with a plant or two I cant seem to get to flower... Having 3 in one barrel is killing me. AGAIN.

TO ANYONE THAT THINKS PUTING MORE THEN ONE PLANT PER CONTAINER: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. DONT DO IT! NOOOOOOO!!! DONT!!!!

I think thats whats causing this at least. any advice would be greatly appriciated... this grow is rapidly outgrowing my abilities.

The entire G-13 looks like this:
Picture_125.JPG

as well as most of the kushage.

70% of the bottom leaves on the kushage are !@#$ed up.
Picture_1110.JPG

No idea what to do with that barrel. Its my biggest barrel (plant size I mean) but it sucks they are all grouped together. Terrible planning on my part, but live and learn I guess ;)

What do you guys think?

NOW... the bright side of my day.

Trainwreck:
Picture_131.JPG

I took my frustrations out on a grasshopper today. I normally dont like killing things and whatnot... and its stepping a little over the line to be on my babies... but I pulled a leaf down to take a pic of the flowers on the trainwreck and accidentally stumbled upon this shit head.

Picture_1414.JPG

he got chopped. I took a picture but... thought it was a little too graphic and decided not to post it ;)

Picture_911.JPG

Now here is the G-13 that is filling out quite beautifully... And has officially swayed me to wanting to grow G-13 again. Truly a beautiful plant...:

Picture_419.JPG

Picture_614.JPG

Picture_516.JPG

Purple Kush's:
Picture_317.JPG

Picture_810.JPG

Last but not least. The baby trainwreck. still chuggin along. this is the start of week 3 for it.

Picture_152.JPG

Anyway. Gave the babies a small shot of water/epsum salt to try to green things up. Let me know what you guys think. Today is the start of week 15. Time to de-stress. :bongrip:

I am just wondering I know that you are well water but are you passing it through a water softener of some sort. It does look like high sodium or may be to much Epsom salt. If you are high on magnesium it will cause other diffidences with potassium and iron are the most common.
Are you spraying or misting your plants regularly because build up of waste in the leafs can cause that spotting effect as well.If you spray use distilled water it works the best.

check this site out it may be help full
Marijuana Plant Abuse
who ever reads this should check that site out. Doesn't give all the problems but it does give most.
Oh G-13 I found really tricky to grow they are very sensitive, doesn't take much to cause problem.

I am just wondering I know that you are well water but are you passing it through a water softener of some sort. It does look like high sodium or may be to much Epsom salt. If you are high on magnesium it will cause other diffidences with potassium and iron are the most common.
Are you spraying or misting your plants regularly because build up of waste in the leafs can cause that spotting effect as well.If you spray use distilled water it works the best.

check this site out it may be help full
Marijuana Plant Abuse
who ever reads this should check that site out. Doesn't give all the problems but it does give most.
Oh G-13 I found really tricky to grow they are very sensitive, doesn't take much to cause problem.

Thanks for stopping in bro! I was told misting down my plants in flower/budding was bad because it promotes bud rot...
but...i shall mist them down more frequently...

the water comes through some sort of softener or filter of some type. Im not 100% sure... But I do know the water is clear. and most peoples water around here comes out straight brown. its gross. Ive only given them a dose of the salt so far, it seemed to help a bit, but didnt solve the problem. If it IS a buildup on the leaves... would spraying them down be ok with well water... Filtered water is a 20 minute drive away and pricey...

Damn Leb nice bro. Its been awhile since Ive been on here and holy hell those girls are big now! I saw the spots on your leaves. I kind of have some similar spots and mine were caused by thrips. Have you checked for any little bugs on the bottom side of the leaves?
P10100682.JPG

Thats what mine looks like, kind of similar from what I saw.

Heya reefa! ya they are turning into monsters for sure...

Ive been giving them a good searching at least once a day... and the only thing ive found are praying mantis's and grasshoppers. Grasshoppers get a beheading and praying mantis always get high fives.

Thripes as I understand them are tiny yes? maybe... I cant see them? would they be EVERYWHERE? thats not good... but will definately check them out...

checked garden a few minutes ago and everything but the kushage is nice and green. The small G-13 has beautiful flowers and buds starting to form... will have picture update tomorrow ;)

Hum I always foliar feed my plants in flower,but that is indoors. I spray them with carbonated club soda with a couple of drops of folic acid. If you over spray them maybe some damage will happen.I do mine 1 - 3 times a week. 5 minutes after the lights come on. It helps to keep your leafs healthy and clean and seem to be more tolerant to the little critters, but that is my opinion.
Out doors they would get the morning dew which pretty much will happen every morning.
Here is a hint, I use to do this all the time when I was growing out doors. You can make gum ball hash. I know that g-13 is up to it ,but it will be your choice. About have way through flower go out Earlie in the morning and catch the dew. Soon as the sun is starting make it evaporate cup your hands like you are going to strangle it , but very very lightly run you hand up the plant about 3 or 4 times the have a big peace of white paper close .Rub your both hands together . you will find it will get harder to rub and resin will from and crumble out between your to hands.and repeat the process once or twice. Out of 5 plants I would get about a half a gram and some times up to 2 grams. don't do it to much but once or twice it will actually make you plant produce THC crystals.
This stuff is top notch .As good as any hash I smoked and I have smoked allot in my day.Use to do it to blue berry mini mites and we use to get some good stuff off of it. I do believe indica's are better for this.
I have done this in doors as well ,but I find it doesn't taste as good for some reason.
I got to try a bit of my g-13 and it is pretty good. Still a little damp but smokable ,this means I flushed it right. I love Cinnamony pungent smell too.

Wow zigzag. looks like Im gunna be harvesting some hash! Im sure my g-13's will be up for the task :)

speaking of G-13, here is my small one flowering ;)
G-13_Flower_ftw.JPG

G-13_COLA.JPG

Also... here is the baby trainwreck. I think it might have started flowering and if it has... I might just yank it cuz it wount be worth the trouble. Plus... Im not positive because Ive never personally seen a male grow, but it might be going hermie on me. so... its staying away from my ladies.

What do you guys think? female? hermie? flowering? :smokin:

Trainwreck_baby_2.JPG

Trainwreck_baby_1.JPG[

;)

Minor update. I went out, chopped the little trainwreck clone up. Took off any signs of flowering and removed the messed up little side branch it had going on and watered it. Its rooted and trying to grow... but its been a couple weeks already and no sign that its going to get much bigger then it already is unfortunately.

I also took about 3 grams off of my purple kush. (this is an estimation, Ill have dry weights for it soon) because I noticed that there was just too much bushy-ness near and around the buds... and on the bottom of the plant, there were spots I couldnt properly maintain on a plant with all the buds in the way. ;) ;)

The ones I took off had messed up leaves and were from before the nutrient problem was fixed. They had spots, twists, curls, and no ridges like a MJ plant should have... so I thought, if anything, I was just helping her out by taking off the dead weight.

Also! my garden has a nasty thripe infestation. I did the ole dish soap/cooking oil/water recipe, mixed it up, sprayed them down, waited about 20 minutes, then gave them a rinse with just plain water. so hopefully after a few routine anti-bug spray downs... they will get the hint and bugger off ;)

Ill post some pictures of the beautiful buds once they are a bit dryer. :)

ah so you had little critters. I had them to but i did what you did and sterilized my room. Hopefully they are gone too. They must of got in through the soil. Outdoors I guess Is a little different .That little train wreck I would just get a cheep cfl(4700k or 6500k) put it in a closet doesn't have to be rocket science and keep it on 24 hr or 18 hr light so it will revert back to veg keep it there for a couple of weeks and then put it back out side. The peristyles are probably from taking the clone while the main plant was into flower and they usually stay there .As long as they are just a few hairs you will be OK. If they start doing the bulb thing behind the hairs that is what you don't want(the little sack behind the hair). Carefull because where you remove hairs they will not grow back in that spot usually most of the time they will grow a branch though .

Lebowskii looks like you've got quite a operation going on! I think you are getting superb advise and you will get through all of the obstacles thrown in your way. Nice looking plant my friend. You will get some awesome buddage for it! :morenutes: :morenutes: :morenutes:

Thanks for the kind words Woodsman ;)
And thanks for stopping in zigzag!

At this time, unfortunately I dont have anywhere to put a small lamp and a plant. The trainwreck may have to get pulled if she is trying to flower. From the looks of her growth.... looks like it may be a dud. the clone is about 3 weeks old but is still no more then an inch tall.... BUT it was a learning experiece. Ill give it a little longer to see what it does, but if it doesnt start getting bigger fast... its not gunna finish before it starts freezing outside!

Definately cant wait for all the buddage to start filling in ;)

Finally got around to getting here :lot-o-toke: I have to hand it to you, nice grow! Now you're at the best stage...bud growth ;) I will definitely be here following this all the way :thumb:

Thanks for stopping in maan ;) I love my girls...and in the end... I think they will love me back...

Just seeing the buds on that small G-13 made the whole thing worth it! excited to see more :)

Nice Going Lebowskii! :bravo:

Man you've covered a lot of ground during this grow! Growing outside introduces a bunch of factors that I hadn't thought of in my little closet (not coming out of the closet!). Some things are nicely provided for like light and ventilation. On the other hand they're also largely out of your control. Could drive one to self medicate!:Rasta:

Thrips seem to be kind of like spider mites. Hope the little bastards stay away from your girls! I'm breathin' pyrethrin (or whatever it is they put in a no pest strip) to avoid mite problems. Don't need the emotional scars losing a crop like that would inflict!

Hope the ganja gods smile on you Man!
:goodluck:

Nice Going Lebowskii! :bravo:

Man you've covered a lot of ground during this grow! Growing outside introduces a bunch of factors that I hadn't thought of in my little closet (not coming out of the closet!). Some things are nicely provided for like light and ventilation. On the other hand they're also largely out of your control. Could drive one to self medicate!:Rasta:

Thrips seem to be kind of like spider mites. Hope the little bastards stay away from your girls! I'm breathin' pyrethrin (or whatever it is they put in a no pest strip) to avoid mite problems. Don't need the emotional scars losing a crop like that would inflict!

Hope the ganja gods smile on you Man!
:goodluck:

thanks for stopping in GrownManHollr!
definately been trying to figure out ways to make it into a closet ;) For as many good things there is about outdoor, it seems there is always something to counter it and make indoor sound appealing as well. Stupid bugs EVERYWHERE outside!

If the dish soap doesnt get rid of the mites... im definately gunna have to find some better way to take care of them. unfortunately ( I say unfortunately but I really mean :yahoo: ) 7 plants have grown and filled in my little growbox that I originally thought would give them enough space, problem is... almost all the plants are touching in some form, which is terrible when Im losing leaves on a plant to thripes on the plant in the MIDDLE of my garden...

Back
Top Bottom