First time grow please help

Brazyy

Thanks for clicking on my thread, I am growing for the first time and I'm running a seedsmen green crack auto in a DWC using GH and Cal/Mag for nutes. I've been giving it half doses on the nutes. I'm also using the Spider Farmer SF-2000 on 50% power (sometimes I'll up it to 80% for a few hours) at about 26 inches from the top of my girl. I've been dealing with this strange brown spotting on the original set of fan leaves as well as some yellowing. The brown spots don't seem to be appearing anywhere on the new leaves but there is a bit of yellowing. Aside from that it seems like the plant is a little behind in growth for where she is at in her life (28 days). If you guys can spot anything or give me some tips that would be awesome. Thanks for reading and have a great day.
PXL_20210928_180141258.MP.jpg
PXL_20210928_180136758.MP.jpg
PXL_20210928_180131495.jpg
PXL_20210928_180348372.jpg
PXL_20210928_180125949.jpg

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Brazyy

I see you are starting out with DWC. Have you ever try DWC before?
Green Crack is an easy strain to grow, so good choice.

Here's the link to start a grow journal, so I can follow along.

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Get a quality pen to check your PH. Calibrate it once/month. If your pens giving you bad readings your just chasing your ta

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Brazyy

I see you are starting out with DWC. Have you ever try DWC before?
Green Crack is an easy strain to grow, so good choice.

Here's the link to start a grow journal, so I can follow along.

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
Do you think it is a little small for day 28 of life?

I think it's early for lst depending on what it is you want to get done. Do you plan to top? What are your plans for her? They all seem to grow slow.
I'm just using my hands to gently bend the plant one way or another so that the lower growth can get some light. She is very short but has alot of new leaves growing. As far as my plans for her, I'm just interested in maximizing my yield. That being said I'm kinda hesitant to start topping because I don't want to stress out the plant to much.

I'm just using my hands to gently bend the plant one way or another so that the lower growth can get some light. She is very short but has alot of new leaves growing. As far as my plans for her, I'm just interested in maximizing my yield. That being said I'm kinda hesitant to start topping because I don't want to stress out the plant to much.
That's nice. Sounds like you've been reading. Check the auto link in the area below. Maybe there's something there.

Hi @Brazyy, I'm Jon. I checked out your journal. Can I offer you my two cents? On day 28, regardless of whether she's a bit behind or not, I would agree with you - it's too late to top. This plant is likely to begin budding in the next week. It gives the new growth you'd create with a topping very little time to grow out to useful levels. It's not about stressing the plant out too much, it's more about how late in her life cycle she is. In my experience topping asap with autos is highly desirable, and also beginning training asap is too. It simply gives you more time to do what you want to do - max out your yield. If you begin early, there's nothing you would do to a photo you can't do to an auto, and that includes transplanting (up potting), topping, LST, supercropping, scrogging, or whatever. I have never NOT up potted, and I top every single auto. One more hint, as you are bending your branches to get them more horizontal so that the new growth becomes buds (that's exactly right you got it), it may help you to use some form of tie down to keep the branches flat. A simple skewer with a twist tie taped to it works very well, and there are many other methods you will see in various journals. That would also help you to target your branches so they stay in place where you want instead of growing back up every day when they hit the light. You know what I mean?

For what it's worth! Good luck! Glad you got that Cal Mag going, I was going to say the same as dude who suggested it to you. Looks like you have a really good start here.

Hi @Brazyy, I'm Jon. I checked out your journal. Can I offer you my two cents? On day 28, regardless of whether she's a bit behind or not, I would agree with you - it's too late to top. This plant is likely to begin budding in the next week. It gives the new growth you'd create with a topping very little time to grow out to useful levels. It's not about stressing the plant out too much, it's more about how late in her life cycle she is. In my experience topping asap with autos is highly desirable, and also beginning training asap is too. It simply gives you more time to do what you want to do - max out your yield. If you begin early, there's nothing you would do to a photo you can't do to an auto, and that includes transplanting (up potting), topping, LST, supercropping, scrogging, or whatever. I have never NOT up potted, and I top every single auto. One more hint, as you are bending your branches to get them more horizontal so that the new growth becomes buds (that's exactly right you got it), it may help you to use some form of tie down to keep the branches flat. A simple skewer with a twist tie taped to it works very well, and there are many other methods you will see in various journals. That would also help you to target your branches so they stay in place where you want instead of growing back up every day when they hit the light. You know what I mean?

For what it's worth! Good luck! Glad you got that Cal Mag going, I was going to say the same as dude who suggested it to you. Looks like you have a really good start here.
I took your advise and used 2 skewers to tie down the largest fan leaves and expose as much of the younger growth as possible. My technique could probably use alot of work so feel free to critique me. I would like to go the route of a scrog net when she matures a bit more.
PXL_20211002_164821426.MP.jpg
PXL_20211002_164652458.jpg
PXL_20211002_164534802.jpg

I took your advise and used 2 skewers to tie down the largest fan leaves and expose as much of the younger growth as possible. My technique could probably use alot of work so feel free to critique me. I would like to go the route of a scrog net when she matures a bit more.
PXL_20211002_164534802.jpg

Check out @Rexer's current grow journal. He's doing a scrog on autos right now and explains it very very well. He's even growing the same way you do. You'll pick up a lot of tricks if you follow him.

Hi Brazy

Your doing great for a first time in hydro :thumb:

Here's a chart to help guide you (its not infallible, but is a great resource)

C62E28B0-CCEB-4E4A-BC84-A47103ECEC8B.jpeg-1.jpg

What size of a tent are you in?
A net is always a great idea, I've had some success by using one before with autos, and currently have three different auto strains in tent. I'm using my net to spread them out, and to help create as even a canopy as I can.

Your more then welcome to join in the journal, or if you start one feel free to tag me. Never be shy to give me a tag!

I've seen a few growers using the metal hooks from the dollar store to make anchor point in the plastic around the net cup as well!

Hi Brazy

Your doing great for a first time in hydro :thumb:

Here's a chart to help guide you (its not infallible, but is a great resource)

C62E28B0-CCEB-4E4A-BC84-A47103ECEC8B.jpeg-1.jpg

What size of a tent are you in?
A net is always a great idea, I've had some success by using one before with autos, and currently have three different auto strains in tent. I'm using my net to spread them out, and to help create as even a canopy as I can.

Your more then welcome to join in the journal, or if you start one feel free to tag me. Never be shy to give me a tag!

I've seen a few growers using the metal hooks from the dollar store to make anchor point in the plastic around the net cup as well!
I appreciate that, I am in a 48"x24"x60" tent. I wish I would have germinated 2 seeds rather than just doing the one. Anyway I've also got a grow journal if you had some time to check it out and give me your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom