First time grower, Bloombox, what do you experts think?

one thing ive learned from using CFLs is you have to raise it just out of there range so they stretch a little and stop once they get close enough. i was wondering why my babies were so short and i read somewhere that he did this and it def works good luck on yer grow
+rep for luck

Ok, so now all I've got on the veg side of the box is the mother plant.

Should I raise her as close to the CFL lighting as I can get or just leave her at the bottom of the box (about 2 feet from light)?

Pan, Joe, Foxy, Anyone? :smokin:

:thanks:

I used a bucket to get my plants closet to the light. I love that 125w fluoro! ;-) I don't know about you, but I always have a few different sized buckets hangin around somewhere.

one thing ive learned from using CFLs is you have to raise it just out of there range so they stretch a little and stop once they get close enough. i was wondering why my babies were so short and i read somewhere that he did this and it def works good luck on yer grow
+rep for luck
Thanks for the rep nycal, not to mention the advice! Both are appreciated!:smokin:

+rep for really nice set-up...
And question:
In hydro is better to make plants flowering in early veg.?

i never before grow in hydro, so i dont know much about that.
how much weeks they had when you turn'ed them in -to flowering stage?

Thank you for the rep cigo! :thanks:

The box I'm using is called a Bloombox and they recommend that once your seeds are germinated, you plant them into the 1 inch rockwool and into the clone dome. Once your roots are visible from the bottom of the rockwool, you plant then plant them into the 3 inch rockwool and start your veg cycle. They suggest 10-14 days in veg depending on the roots, then over into the flowering cycle. I moved most of my girls into flowering at about 15 days, the last two moved over at about 20 days. There is only a certain amount of vertical space in this box (about 3 feet), so they want the plants over into flower ASAP to help with the growth issue that will take place during the entire flowering cycle. I have a distinct feeling I'll be bending and shaping these girls before they're done. Ain't nothin' like a flexible female IMHO! :smokin:

Next time around I will take clones from my mother plant after she is at least 8 weeks old then veg them once they're ready. If my logic is correct, my second grow should be more potent than the first due to the clones being used instead of growing from seed. I could also just be full of crap, but it makes sense to me. I've also read that growing from clones helps with the height issue for whatever reason.

I used a bucket to get my plants closet to the light. I love that 125w fluoro! ;-) I don't know about you, but I always have a few different sized buckets hangin around somewhere.
Same here, I've got buckets galore around here and it's not been a problem getting mother closer to that CFL.

:thanks: for your response! :ganjamon:

Any suggestions on when to start bending these gals or some other way of keeping them from reaching the top of the glass? What has worked best for you?

I think I may be having a problem with mama!

This is what has happened over the last 24 hours. I have watered her and moved her closer to the light (125W CFL), about 6 inches away. What I see is tips of some of the leaves browned and the tips shriveled up.

Anybody have any ideas as to what may have caused this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mamaprob2.jpg

I think I may be having a problem with mama!

This is what has happened over the last 24 hours. I have watered her and moved her closer to the light (125W CFL), about 6 inches away. What I see is tips of some of the leaves browned and the tips shriveled up.

Anybody have any ideas as to what may have caused this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mamaprob2.jpg
if this happend exactly when you putted close to the light, and 125 w is little power!so i think probably its happend because light was to close.6 inches from 125 w light bulb is little to close.Try 8 inches or so, there should be everything overright i think. :ganjamon: :peace::bongrip:

I actually think is allways better lower wattage, and higher count of bulbs is better cuz hot spots spread in bigger area.
if you got only one 125,150,250,300 w cfl then you got one huge hot spot, if you got 5x25w,6x25w,10x25w,15x25w then you got more spots and hot spot is spread! then you wont get burned at-all but offcourse this is much more expensive to buy more seperate bulbs.But i got 6x23w 4300 k bulbs for 1-3 plants(for veg.), and 10x20w 2700 k bulbs for 1-3 plants(for bloom).
And this works without any problems!

GoodLuck man!

yeah looks like heat stress to me just pull the light up a bit and your good. the reason i think this is cuz it only on the higher leaves and if it was nute burn it would show on the lower ones first. at least that what the picture looks like. good luck!

Back
Top Bottom