First Time Grower: Help Making Sure Everything Makes Sense! Detailed

So - What’s up with cannabitch?
It's been struggling with a weird colour for a while now. Other than being root bound, Canna didn't have any other variables with MJ except the pre amended soil mix. I preamended my FFOF for MJ and its working nice so far, so after 3 werks of not seeing any improvements, I top fed Canna a bit to see if she would react. She didn't react much, but color got a bit worse, so that's why I am going to flush her. Definitely has a nutrient surplus right now. I am also starting to water with pH balanced water, and I gave her some dolomite lime to try and help her out. Not seeing much signs of improvement

I just read through this all again and I can definitely see a huge improvement with the uppotting and the pH adjusting. Color looks good now and it looks like you have solved the slight potassium deficiency you were starting to get. Great job and yes, I am proud of you!
I really appreciate you taking your time Emilya. If you take your time to help, I make sure not to waste it by not listening! I'll listen and apply.

Tomorrow marks a week since transplant, and her 16th/17th day (depending when you start counting). I think she's looking pretty good! Happy with how my first auto is going. I actually watered her yesterday after 5 and a half days of not watering. I was worried the transition from daily waterings to less frequent waterings (wet/dry cycles) would be rough.

16123738763305268253311328750176.jpg

16123738905593421766714005823942.jpg

1612373903339649883411828928096.jpg

Cannabitch as been a bitch... A month later and she still shows no sign of improvement from anything I've tried. Good learning lesson.

Marijuana looking healthy, but considering top feeding her now. 30 days since transplant, but bottom third was amended. I have seen some dying leaves showing deficiencies at the bottom, so thats my guess its running out of nutrients.

16123740572474121591132604078668.jpg

16123740667843880878920351029214.jpg

I am out of ideas and hope for Cannabitch. I think she will be going to end up dead soon. Cant figure out whats wrong with her, nothing I do is working.

MJ heading down the same path.

20210209_084732.jpg

Still looks like a potassium deficiency to me along with a general light green that also says not even nitrogen is getting in either. The question is why...
Thank you Emilya! I notice the top of my soil is quite hardened. I feel like the fertilizer isn't working its way down the soil. I read a lot of articles and watched a lot of videos, and I never came across any specific "tricks" for watering when top feeding in soil.

In another thread I made seeking help, Nutty Professor mentioned I should do about 20% run off when top feeding (for the first couple of waterings). I didn't do that, but I will be doing it now.

Do you know how I could go about fixing the already hardened soil surface? I think this is my issue

Do you know how I could go about fixing the already hardened soil surface? I think this is my issue
a natural water softener should do the trick... aloe vera juice. That and taking your time, letting just a little bit soak in at first, watering with just a little tiny amount at first, coming back 5 minutes later to add some more. Eventually the soil expands out and opens up and water will flow freely.... but aloe really helps when it gets bad. A mulch on the surface can help too... which allows bacteria to grow on the top of the soil, feasting on the stuff that is making it hard now.

a natural water softener should do the trick... aloe vera juice. That and taking your time, letting just a little bit soak in at first, watering with just a little tiny amount at first, coming back 5 minutes later to add some more. Eventually the soil expands out and opens up and water will flow freely.... but aloe really helps when it gets bad. A mulch on the surface can help too... which allows bacteria to grow on the top of the soil, feasting on the stuff that is making it hard now.
You can never get enough thank yous!! I will be immediately addressing this issue with some aloe vera juice, will also look for some mulch.

Auto is growing nicely. Started some LST. There are a few rust spots, which I'm not sure why but I think it could be chlorine. I do let the water sit out for 24hrs but maybe there is still some residue left in the water.

Very happy with how this one is going.

20210211_105741.jpg

20210211_105751.jpg

Flipping them this weekend I think... I want to wait for CB to fully heal, but MJ is growing rapidly and if I dont flip them soon, its gonna very hard to contain them in my tent..
Going on to 100 days old

20210226_102018.jpg

20210226_102229.jpg

I've been mostly active on my other thread, but for continuity I will post an update here as well.

Ladies are two and a half weeks into flower, almost 3. Trellis is up now, hoping it can help me get some light into the lower buds. Just finished feeding Marijuana (on the left), with bloom products and EWC. So excited to see this stage!

1616951586254606887284143930478.jpg

Back
Top Bottom