First Time Grower SCROG

SwampYankee

420 Member
Hello All and Haooy Hokidays (< for the love of autocorrect )

I am having so much fun, but it sure is a lot of work. My wife has started referring to her as “The Lady down the Hall”.
Here is my 4’x2’ closet project.
Just entering second week of flower.

I’d like to fill the screen if I can, but perhaps that is overly ambitious for my first grow.

My concern since Ive never seen a plant through to harvest is that by continuing to train I might stress her and impede bud production somehow.

I’d be happy to take some advice from any veterans on how to ensure a healthy crop. Any Tips tricks or insights are welcome.

Thanks

Here’s a couple of pics after defoliation and training. She’s bounced back since.

CA62E129-CBF7-42B5-BAC8-E2D2754E32A8.jpeg

08954512-674F-49E0-A3CD-9824A3AA3502.jpeg

85574614-66DD-449B-A0C6-7B4B53BF525F.png

BAC49305-9CA8-41F6-8B80-C4341F502878.jpeg

Welcome to 420 magazine @SwampYankee

Have you been growing long, or is this your first serious attempt?

Are you attempting SOG or SCROG?
How many plants?

This best suggestion I can give you is to start a grow journal so we can follow along and help if needed, here's the links.

How to Make a Grow Journal

And if you what to see what other growers are doing.

Also after you have over 50 posts you can cote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

:welcome:Morning @Swamp Yankee, Nice bushy plant you have there. I usually try to fill a scrog about 2/3rds full before flipping into flower. At three weeks in the stretch will be well under way and she will need room to spread out allowing lots of air flow around the growing colas. You have another good week to help her spread out , then let her do her thing. And a beautiful thing it is. Best of luck on your first grow.:Rasta:

Hello All and Haooy Hokidays (< for the love of autocorrect )

I am having so much fun, but it sure is a lot of work. My wife has started referring to her as “The Lady down the Hall”.
Here is my 4’x2’ closet project.
Just entering second week of flower.

I’d like to fill the screen if I can, but perhaps that is overly ambitious for my first grow.

My concern since Ive never seen a plant through to harvest is that by continuing to train I might stress her and impede bud production somehow.

I’d be happy to take some advice from any veterans on how to ensure a healthy crop. Any Tips tricks or insights are welcome.

Thanks

Here’s a couple of pics after defoliation and training. She’s bounced back since.

CA62E129-CBF7-42B5-BAC8-E2D2754E32A8.jpeg

08954512-674F-49E0-A3CD-9824A3AA3502.jpeg

85574614-66DD-449B-A0C6-7B4B53BF525F.png

BAC49305-9CA8-41F6-8B80-C4341F502878.jpeg
Beautiful garden my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
Do you have a smoke detector in there?

Stay safe
Bill

Welcome SwampYankee, nice garden! Hehe, say high to the Lady down the hall.
I got a kick out of that too, as did my wife. I am lucky she loves the girls in the basement as much as I do ;)

Happy Growing.

Welcome, welcome. Good grows to you! I agree with @bluenoserjoe good air flow is important during flowering and at all stages of 420 growth. Many growers remove the lower leaves to aid airflow during flower (lolipop techniques). I understand your concern regarding stressing the plant and a possible negative effect on flowering. Actually, the right kind of stress on your 420 plant during veg and flower cycles can help increase flower yield and potency. You may want to review methods of LST (low stress training) and HST (high stress training). Both methods can be used separately or together in various ways to aid your 420 so that you get a healthy and top-notch crop. There is also much info on the web in general. There are many good sources of info here, friendly people with much to give. The 420 website is a very knowledgeable and experienced webspace with many, many excellent minds and thoughts. Ask and ye shall receive.

I get to spend all the time I want with the girls in the basement. As long as I open and close the door quickly and not let that beautiful smell invade the rest of the house. lolol
No carbon filter...or, is your crop so odoriferous it overwhelms the filter? I have that problem with some strains in the veg tent.

No carbon filter...or, is your crop so odoriferous it overwhelms the filter? I have that problem with some strains in the veg tent.
Carbon filter working great. It's when I enter or exit the room that the smell escapes. Hard into flower now so yes very odorous.

Hi swampyankee! Welcome to 420!

I'm also a big fan of the Scrog grow method. I'm about to flip into flower myself soon. I'm running 2 tents both are 4' X 4' X 6'

You should start a journal yourself! It's a great way of showing what your up to and to get advice if I'm you need any :)

IMG_20211218_205954.jpg

I'm just waiting for them to reach my 2nd layer. Should be flipping Friday :).

Feel free to pop by and also tag me in if you decide to do your own journal.

And welcome to the best growing community you could want :)

Welcome to 420 magazine @SwampYankee

Have you been growing long, or is this your first serious attempt?

Are you attempting SOG or SCROG?
How many plants?

This best suggestion I can give you is to start a grow journal so we can follow along and help if needed, here's the links.

How to Make a Grow Journal

And if you what to see what other growers are doing.

Also after you have over 50 posts you can cote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
SCROG
first attempt
One plant
4x2 closet

SCROG
first attempt
One plant
4x2 closet
:welcome:Morning @Swamp Yankee, Nice bushy plant you have there. I usually try to fill a scrog about 2/3rds full before flipping into flower. At three weeks in the stretch will be well under way and she will need room to spread out allowing lots of air flow around the growing colas. You have another good week to help her spread out , then let her do her thing. And a beautiful thing it is. Best of luck on your first grow.:Rasta:
Thank you.

When it comes to defoliating , it seems there is no end. I CAN keep pulling fan leaves. Should I ?
I’m afraid of overdoing it ?
The canopy is still very thick.
Lots of new growth popping up.

Thank you.

When it comes to defoliating , it seems there is no end. I CAN keep pulling fan leaves. Should I ?
I’m afraid of overdoing it ?
The canopy is still very thick.
Lots of new growth popping up.
Beautiful garden my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
Do you have a smoke detector in there?

Stay safe
Bill
Will do

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom