PK Perpetual Grow Journal 2020

@Rexer thanks dude!! its finially flower time

@Anthony Suszko from all the plants i had growing on this round only 1 was a femail which was in soil.
although i'd love the hydro style growing, it wasn't working for me. ph wouldn't stablize, nutri would rise and the plant was just acting up. "not the plants fault, but the grower" :passitleft:

i wonder how many grams a full table spoon is? cuz right now i am doing 5tbs in milk jug container. i think milk jusgs are less then a gallon.
Highly recommended using a small scale with powdered nutes, its easier to be consistent...i use Maxibloom occasionally and only once have i ever used the lil provided spoon...never again, scale only for me!!

Well the thing with me is that while my 3 Afghan plants were in Flow, I had nothing to do, so started messing with clones and wound up with 5... the funny part is I was having trouble just keeping up with these 3 mature plants, and now gave myself more work lol.. this clone thing is just supposed to keep me occupied till next seasons grow start..
im with you on that, lol! since mine been in flower i've been just watching over the clones too. hopefully harvest day comes quickly as the clones are already showing new growth and its only been few days from me cutting them

Highly recommended using a small scale with powdered nutes, its easier to be consistent...i use Maxibloom occasionally and only once have i ever used the lil provided spoon...never again, scale only for me!!
sounds like a bad dream. I go by the ppm, i find it to be easier. right now my water mixture is at 750ppm and everytime i create a new bottle i put it up by 50ppm

@Anthony Suszko true, it is still kind of in the water but its allot less water. My dad, cuts flowers and just sticks them right into the ground. It always has worked for him. I would bet the difference that it would work if i woul dof just sticked it into the soil pot. however, i have a bad/amazing good habit and that is being to courius. :rofl:

Once these clones root i will remove the green spoungy things and just plant it in the soil. I like knowing how the root system is before it goes into dirt.
you may want to try your hand at bubbleponics? or expiriment with other types of bucket systems that may work easier for you.. so far Ive had good luck and not a single sign of stress from day 1 .. the roots took immediately sending out 5 or 6 feeler roots the first night.. must have just been my dumb luck planting them at the right level and beginners luck.. I swear sometimes it feels like my plants talk to me telling me exactly what they want through a Spock like Vulcan mind meld lol..

is it still to early to find out what type of strain and buds i will be growing??? i've got like 20 more seeds of this kind :rofl:
also, once you clone a plant, how many more times can you clone from the next plant before germenating a seed?

I rather not go through the first 2 months of growing from germenating to seedling. I also like my photoperiod plants better then autos. i know autos are easier but what the fun in that!!!

I think my above question got mixed in the zone of the replays. is it still to early to figure what type of cannabis i am growing

im with you on that, lol! since mine been in flower i've been just watching over the clones too. hopefully harvest day comes quickly as the clones are already showing new growth and its only been few days from me cutting them
I think the reason I dabbled with clones was about having "Yield Insurance" in case I come up light .. :rofl: If those 5 new clones perform half as well as these 3 mature plants then I'm gonna have serious issues finding a place to store it all..:laugh:

I am also thinking of putting one of those clones as a hydroponic style and try that again.
on my first attempt becasue the plant was going from dirt into hydro i had allot of issues. I think if i just sticked one of these into hydroponic growing it would go allot smoother
Next time you try doing a hydro have everything in yur mind set to a 3 min timer because you dont want to stress them.. I flooded the pots using a garden hose turned on lowish-strength washing all the soil and clingy bits away down to bare roots before planting into hydro. I had nice established root balls on these clones so i could find the wet spot in the clay ball media pot setting the root ball right there not far for them to tap into the water supply. That way for them it was almost like being in soil. I had 5 plants to choose from saving the choice lookers-(best looking plants) for soil, cause deep down I wanted some insurance-assurance and hydro was an unknown thing to me doing this for the first time.. I also didn't want to abandon growing in soil because I like it, and have a feel for it.. Something about growing outdoors also appeals to me..
PS- Clones can fool you a bit.. its not about the total time they spent growing before you transplant.. It's when they start showing vigor-vitality and out of the woods as they say that you should start counting days or weeks on them.. I didn't feel mine were ready for re-planting until 2 weeks after taking cuttings..

@Rexer thanks dude!! its finially flower time

@Anthony Suszko from all the plants i had growing on this round only 1 was a femail which was in soil.
although i'd love the hydro style growing, it wasn't working for me. ph wouldn't stablize, nutri would rise and the plant was just acting up. "not the plants fault, but the grower" :passitleft:

i wonder how many grams a full table spoon is? cuz right now i am doing 5tbs in milk jug container. i think milk jusgs are less then a gallon.
" i wonder how many grams a full table spoon is? cuz right now i am doing 5tbs in milk jug container." i think milk jusgs are less then a gallon.

I think you should be at grams per gallon..Tablespoons sounds like a lot dude? Are you sure it shouldnt be teaspoons? I looked up the gram conversion and got 4.2 grams = 1 teaspoon. I only needed 4.80 teaspoons of MC to do a water change on 6 gallons.. ( 3-4 grams per gallon ratio) for clones right now because they are considered light weights and easily burned/toxed. 5-6 grams per gallon is recommended for mature plants in late veg - bloom.

Conversions and Ingredients
TeaspoonsGrams (sugar)Grams (flour)
1 teaspoon4.2g2.6g
2 teaspoons8.4g5.2g
3 teaspoons12.6g7.8g
4 teaspoons16.7g10.4g

Dry Measure Equivalents
3 teaspoons1 tablespoon14.3 grams
2 tablespoons1/8 cup28.3 grams
4 tablespoons1/4 cup56.7 grams
5 1/3 tablespoons1/3 cup75.6 grams
8 tablespoons1/2 cup113.4 grams

I think you should be at grams per gallon..Tablespoons sounds like a lot dude? Are you sure it shouldnt be teaspoons? I looked up the gram conversion and got 4.2 grams = 1 teaspoon. I only needed 4.80 teaspoons of MC to do a water change on 6 gallons.. ( 3-4 grams per gallon ratio) for clones right now because they are considered light weights and easily burned/toxed. 4-5 grams per gallon is recommended for mature plants in flow.

Conversions and Ingredients
TeaspoonsGrams (sugar)Grams (flour)
1 teaspoon4.2g2.6g
2 teaspoons8.4g5.2g
3 teaspoons12.6g7.8g
4 teaspoons16.7g10.4g

Dry Measure Equivalents
3 teaspoons1 tablespoon14.3 grams
2 tablespoons1/8 cup28.3 grams
4 tablespoons1/4 cup56.7 grams
5 1/3 tablespoons1/3 cup75.6 grams
8 tablespoons1/2 cup113.4 grams
ya, im letterly doing 6.5tbs at the moment ppm of 750

Shyte, both are overkill for 1 gallon! Something is wrong with your TDS meter. Here's some photos of MC for your reference.

1 teaspoon (tsp) MC - 5.5 grams
20200719_162144.jpg

6.5 tsp - 35.4 grams
20200719_162231.jpg

1 Tablespoon (tbsp) - 14.6 grams
20200719_162253.jpg

6.5 tbsp - 93.2 grams
20200719_162107.jpg

Honestly, the only measurement you should be doing for a gallon is 1 teaspoon (5.5 gr/gal), I wouldn't think you would need much more than that for a grow.

indeed, the control over photoperiods are so much better for finial results. hence why i am more keened on them vs the auto's. However, i've come across threads that you can mimik the autos by stressing them and topping them to keep them longer in veggative stage. However, i don';t know how your finial resluts would be. seems to work for him tho!
With auto's, the selection is smaller then regular fem's in most seed catalogs.. And auto's are on a timer verse you being able to flip the switch yourself.. I also don't want to be topping a finished plant playing games purposely stressing my plants to extend veg time.. The only reason i can see using auto's is for people who dont have an extra dark room available like a garage or room they can darken, then I can see apt- closet growers who are crunched for space using autos..

Shyte, both are overkill for 1 gallon! Something is wrong with your TDS meter. Here's some photos of MC for your reference.

1 teaspoon (tsp) MC - 5.5 grams
20200719_162144.jpg

6.5 tsp - 35.4 grams
20200719_162231.jpg

1 Tablespoon (tbsp) - 14.6 grams
20200719_162253.jpg

6.5 tbsp - 93.2 grams
20200719_162107.jpg

Honestly, the only measurement you should be doing for a gallon is 1 teaspoon (5.5 gr/gal), I wouldn't think you would need much more than that for a grow.
:rofl: I told him the same thing and I was doing it in my head.. I thought he had TSP and TBS mixed up :laugh: 4.8 grams = a teaspoon which is the sugar comparative i used because its the closest granular form to MC. "Ballpark estimate."

My ppm reader is working fine. the one mid picture is just tab water which mine is around 32
So, my current water mixture i've done 6.5 tbs and i am at 752ppm
plants are looking good after majority of the bigger leaves was removed.
the new growth is looking good.

i am lacking on keeping my temps high and my humidity low.
when the light goes off humi jumps to 60%-70% with temps being 80f
when i throw the ac to 67f the humidity gets to 44% but then its kinda cold at 67f

any tips without me needing to buy a dehumidifyer??

2020-07-19 10.21.43 HDR-1.jpg 2020-07-19 19.51.26.jpg 2020-07-19 19.52.32.jpg

Back
Top Bottom