First time seeing leaves like this

newws

Hey 420 Fam! I need help figuring out what's happening with this baby. Its first time for me seeing leaves like this.
Strain: CBD Lemon Auto free seed from Herbies
Tent Size: 80x80x160
Light: 120w quantum board - 18/6hrs
Soil: Plagron light mix
3rd week in, 1 feed so far 1/3 nutes + separate a bit of cal mag.

1646789015492.jpg

1646789015503.jpg

This is my first time using plagron light mix and quantum board. In tent I have FastBuds Northern Lights looking kinda droopy and strange, and a Zkittles photo growing just fine 3 weeks into flower...

Thank you everyone!

That looks like early stage "interveinal chlorosis" - the area between the veins in the leaves is turning white. I hit that early in my Gelato grow (journal at the link in my signature block) and I dealt with the symptoms using two applications of foliar spray of Epsom salts.

The cause was misreading the directions for CalMag so the amount of CalMag was too low. The deficiency was early in the grow and took a couple of weeks for the symptoms to appear.

Given that I'm newish RDWC grower, don't take my info as gospel - I'm sure more experienced growers//soil growers will chime in soon.

Good that you caught it early, BTW.

That looks like early stage "interveinal chlorosis" - the area between the veins in the leaves is turning white. I hit that early in my Gelato grow (journal at the link in my signature block) and I dealt with the symptoms using two applications of foliar spray of Epsom salts.

The cause was misreading the directions for CalMag so the amount of CalMag was too low. The deficiency was early in the grow and took a couple of weeks for the symptoms to appear.

Given that I'm newish RDWC grower, don't take my info as gospel - I'm sure more experienced growers//soil growers will chime in soon.

Good that you caught it early, BTW.
Thanks man! I appreciate it, ill take a look at your grow journal.
Happy growing fam

5ml cal mag / gal every watering. What is the temp in your tent with lights on?
Hey ZigZag, its always under control, never had go less than 22c and over 27c. Why you ask?

Thanks fam!

Hey 420 Fam! I need help figuring out what's happening with this baby. Its first time for me seeing leaves like this.
Strain: CBD Lemon Auto free seed from Herbies
Tent Size: 80x80x160
Light: 120w quantum board - 18/6hrs
Soil: Plagron light mix
3rd week in, 1 feed so far 1/3 nutes + separate a bit of cal mag.

1646789015492.jpg

1646789015503.jpg

This is my first time using plagron light mix and quantum board. In tent I have FastBuds Northern Lights looking kinda droopy and strange, and a Zkittles photo growing just fine 3 weeks into flower...

Thank you everyone!
Good morning @newws hope you are well my friend.
You should try and follow the schedule for your nutrients.
If you use cal mag it goes in first 15 minutes ahead of nutrients.
Then mix nutrients according to your schedule.
Then set ph to 6.3 and feed.
Then let dry a few days Then water, dry ,feed dry ,water ........etc.
Assuming your in soil.
Also fill your pots, your wasting real estate there.
Full strength, 6.3 ph ,let dry. :thumb:
You will be ok.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey ZigZag, its always under control, never had go less than 22c and over 27c. Why you ask?

Thanks fam!
120w quantum board is LED. LED rooms should run at 84f (29c) when lights are on. Its all about LST (leaf surface temp)
Below is copied from the internet.
Flowering temperature is ideally at 84 - 85 °F. This will help keep leaf temps at the Cannabis-ideal 88 degrees when using LED grow lights. Vegetative temperatures can range from 75°-90°. However, ideal vegetative growth will occur at 85 °F and 60-70% humidity.

You can google for more info. Tons of info.

You should try and follow the schedule for your nutrients.
If you use cal mag it goes in first 15 minutes ahead of nutrients.
Then mix nutrients according to your schedule.
Then set ph to 6.3 and feed.
Then let dry a few days Then water, dry ,feed dry ,water ........etc.
Assuming your in soil.
Also fill your pots, your wasting real estate there.
Full strength, 6.3 ph ,let dry. :thumb:
You will be ok.

Stay safe
Bill
Whoa there Bill. This isn’t soil, it’s peat and perlite, so they need to be 5.8-6.1 I believe. I’ve helped someone with this soil before, but always found contradicting information online.

Plagron Light mix - mix of peat, fibre, + perlite, with only minimal amounts of nutrients.
Ph (h2o) - 5.5 - 6.5.

But I see 6 - 7 on some other sites, so I’m not sure.

Because this is a light mix you should feed every time. I believe why he’s seeing is the start of a magnesium deficiency.

120w quantum board is LED. LED rooms should run at 84f (29c) when lights are on. Its all about LST (leaf surface temp)
Below is copied from the internet.
Flowering temperature is ideally at 84 - 85 °F. This will help keep leaf temps at the Cannabis-ideal 88 degrees when using LED grow lights. Vegetative temperatures can range from 75°-90°. However, ideal vegetative growth will occur at 85 °F and 60-70% humidity.

You can google for more info. Tons of info.

The top picture is using blurples, the lower is full spectrum white.
E6DCC7EE-C07B-4374-9DA4-FDCC2951CF58.jpeg

1646836808912.png

The 240W all-white LED increased leaf surface temperature more than the equivalent 240W BD240-U light.

There is a prevailing consensus that 75 °F is the ideal ambient temperature to grow Cannabis under HPS lighting without CO2 supplementation. This experimental result indicates that an 84 °F ambient air temperature is required to achieve the same optimal leaf surface temperatures when using plant-optimized LED lighting-- and that a 75 °F ambient air temperature with LED lighting would not achieve optimal leaf surface temperatures, slowing metabolic rates and leaf and flower production.

Whoa there Bill. This isn’t soil, it’s peat and perlite, so they need to be 5.8-6.1 I believe. I’ve helped someone with this soil before, but always found contradicting information online.

Plagron Light mix - mix of peat, fibre, + perlite, with only minimal amounts of nutrients.
Ph (h2o) - 5.5 - 6.5.

But I see 6 - 7 on some other sites, so I’m not sure.

Because this is a light mix you should feed every time. I believe why he’s seeing is the start of a magnesium deficiency.
I better clean my glasses :rofl:

Stay safe
Bill

The top picture is using blurples, the lower is full spectrum white.
E6DCC7EE-C07B-4374-9DA4-FDCC2951CF58.jpeg

1646836808912.png

The 240W all-white LED increased leaf surface temperature more than the equivalent 240W BD240-U light.

There is a prevailing consensus that 75 °F is the ideal ambient temperature to grow Cannabis under HPS lighting without CO2 supplementation. This experimental result indicates that an 84 °F ambient air temperature is required to achieve the same optimal leaf surface temperatures when using plant-optimized LED lighting-- and that a 75 °F ambient air temperature with LED lighting would not achieve optimal leaf surface temperatures, slowing metabolic rates and leaf and flower production.
And none of this really matters if your VPD numbers are off, so if you can’t maintain proper humidity at 84F, you’ll probably fry your plants. I use this chart for VPD reference.
7FE756A6-7C19-4ED7-98A8-D00CF681A270.jpeg

I better clean my glasses :rofl:

Stay safe
Bill
I would have said the same if I hadn’t seen it before. Some of these soils man…!

Back
Top Bottom