First timer

Mistarooni

hey, I'm just getting into growing, I have previous gardening experience but I know to expect the worst and adjust as I go, right? all I have right now are tiny seedlings as they're just coming out of the seed but I'm using potting soil and I think it's going good. I have a couple of random seeds growing, I have no clue what strand or anything about them. I'm growing in my back porch which has a very adjustable amount of airflow and a nice amount of sun but I have no clue what I'm doing. help? advice? Im thinking about using sugar water or diluted peroxide but I don't know how to go about it-

(I'll add photos or something later but I'm in western NY and it's almost 3 am)

hey, I'm just getting into growing, I have previous gardening experience but I know to expect the worst and adjust as I go, right? all I have right now are tiny seedlings as they're just coming out of the seed but I'm using potting soil and I think it's going good. I have a couple of random seeds growing, I have no clue what strand or anything about them. I'm growing in my back porch which has a very adjustable amount of airflow and a nice amount of sun but I have no clue what I'm doing. help? advice? Im thinking about using sugar water or diluted peroxide but I don't know how to go about it-

Welcome to the @420 Magazine family @Mistarooni. CL🍀. :welcome: :thumb::party::circle-of-love::theband:

Don’t use sugar water or peroxide, depending on what type of soil you’re using it might already have nutrients in it. Very important for you to read @Emilya Green’ s thread on water correctly. CL🍀

Hiya, like Absorber says up top - Welcome!

Potting soil and not too much water are fine for a week while you make plans. Throw some pics in when you’re up and sure people will jump in with some suggestions depending on your interests and what you want to get out of the grow!

Nick

Welcome to 420mag :welcome: Looking forward to seeing your plants 😎

Depending on your pot size you should be able to just water them for a week or two then you'll want some plant food but your plants will probably start flowering straight away and stay small due to the time of year unless you have some extra light to give them?

Grow and bloom fertilizers is what you'd be looking for or if you have some already something higher in nitrogen to start then once you see little white hairs switch to something low in nitrogen and higher in phosphorus and potassium. I think that's the jist of it.

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
Young seedlings in soil only need plain water and warm sunny days.
Eventually you will need nutrients.
We can help with anything you need.
Just ask.
Hope everything goes well.
Talk soon.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Welcome aboard. There is a lot of info available here and it covers just about every way of growing a plant that is out there.

Im thinking about using sugar water or diluted peroxide but I don't know how to go about it-
Do not worry about the sugar water or peroxide at first until you can figure out if they will work with your growing. There are reasons that growers use sugar waters or peroxides and sometimes one or the other will work to solve a problem or to give a boost to an already nicely growing plant.

Several great suggestions already.

Read up on the life cycle of your Marijuana plant so you will know what to expect when it starts to flower. If you are in the US or the Northern Hemisphere the end of a normal season is approaching. Most of us have our outdoor or back room plants already starting to flower.

As @Greenvein mentions you might have to consider some extra lighting to control how soon the plants start to flower.

Welcome Mistarooni! Nice to see you here! You have good advice from members so far I think. The soil will be good for a few weeks probably. Then you'll need a nute (plant food) for veg. , then flower. I like @Remo Nutrients for something to mix in water and feed. I like @GeoFlora Nutrients for a dry top dress/ soil mix. Check out the sponsor section for discounts for them and more.

Perfect-you have all you need. You know what to feed tomatoes and can read the label. I use Jacks 20-20-20 and usually cal mag at every feeding during veg. (This is the time the plant is doing all its growing and spreading) as the plant starts to make flowers you switch to a flowering nutrient along with the calmag, I use Jacks 10-30-20. As far as training, topping, I’d leave the thing natUralic for your first and not try to find any ‘cannabis specific nutrients’ cuz they’re all overpriced unnecessary snake oil.
Would you use sugar or diluted peroxide on your veggie garden??? Hell no.
Feed once a week in veg and twice a week in flower—and learn what a male looks like since you say you don’t know what you have.
Keep ‘em well fed and green till it’s time to harvest

thank you guys so much, and I've read you're replys so far. I won't worry about sugar water or peroxide or stuff like that until I actually understand it, and as for now I just have them in a window where they can get a bunch of light and I try keeping everything nice and warm. I have a heater keeping everything warm and a humidifier for obvious reasons, I can grow indoors but I'm trying to find a grow light that seems like it be good enough for long term and I'm having trouble, any recommendations? also I'm about to switch them to a red silo cup in a week or 2 (atleast the ones that have sprouted) so I'll update this when that time comes.
here's some picture of my tiny seeds:

IMG_20230830_163044511.jpg

IMG_20230830_163052182.jpg

IMG_20230830_163105065.jpg

thank you guys so much, and I've read you're replys so far. I won't worry about sugar water or peroxide or stuff like that until I actually understand it, and as for now I just have them in a window where they can get a bunch of light and I try keeping everything nice and warm. I have a heater keeping everything warm and a humidifier for obvious reasons, I can grow indoors but I'm trying to find a grow light that seems like it be good enough for long term and I'm having trouble, any recommendations? also I'm about to switch them to a red silo cup in a week or 2 (atleast the ones that have sprouted) so I'll update this when that time comes.
here's some picture of my tiny seeds:

IMG_20230830_163044511.jpg

IMG_20230830_163052182.jpg

IMG_20230830_163105065.jpg
Only one plant per pot so eliminate one. If you don’t know if your seeds are feminized and are dealing with regular seeds that produce male and female plants—eliminate the tallest—males are genetically programmed to grow above the females to drop their pollen on the female plants to produce seeds..make sure to keep seedlings misted and the soil moist—you need to back of on the water there!
IMG_0474.jpeg

Just wait a bit and separate them. It's pretty easy to do and there's no reason to cull one.
It's no different than rooting a bunch of clones in a single cup to save room...
If the roots get too tangled for an easy separation, submerge the root ball to rinse the soil out and it becomes easier.

Only one plant per pot so eliminate one. If you don’t know if your seeds are feminized and are dealing with regular seeds that produce male and female plants—eliminate the tallest—males are genetically programmed to grow above the females to drop their pollen on the female plants to produce seeds..make sure to keep seedlings misted and the soil moist—you need to back of on the water there!
IMG_0474.jpeg
done and done, does this look better?

IMG_20230830_185003002.jpg

i added a grow light, separated the plants litterly and took each plant and put it in its own separate pot, and added a humidifier-

Just wait a bit and separate them. It's pretty easy to do and there's no reason to cull one.
It's no different than rooting a bunch of clones in a single cup to save room...
If the roots get too tangled for an easy separation, submerge the root ball to rinse the soil out and it becomes easier.
Agree @Regrowth just trying to keep it simple on his first grow—and a little lesson on males growing taller from just a week or two in.

Back
Top Bottom