Flipping to flower in DWC

Phaaaze

I'm planning to flip my little grow into 12/12 in 2-3 days. My main question is how do I do that in DWC?

Do I just switch over straight into bloom nutes when I switch the light, or do I leave the veg nutes until after first sight of flowers?!

I'm switching from GH Flora Series to a part A&B bloom that doesn't have a transitional period.

Attachments

• IMG_20190511_191008.jpg
    IMG_20190511_191008.jpg
    905.3 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_20190511_191016.jpg
    IMG_20190511_191016.jpg
    905.3 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_20190512_165913.jpg
    IMG_20190512_165913.jpg
    634.9 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_20190512_165909.jpg
    IMG_20190512_165909.jpg
    617.3 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20190512_165904.jpg
    IMG_20190512_165904.jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_20190512_165901.jpg
    IMG_20190512_165901.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_20190511_191008.jpg
    IMG_20190511_191008.jpg
    905.3 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_20190511_191016.jpg
    IMG_20190511_191016.jpg
    905.3 KB · Views: 238
I actually switch to bloom nutes a couple of days before I switch and I have no issues . im running current culture 8 gallon modules .

It depends on the nutrients actually. I use Advanced and you are to switch to bloom on day 1 of 12/12 because thier weekly nute schedule adjusts per week taking into account what they need every week of bloom.

Hey @Phaaaze nice and healthy looking plant man. :snowboating: She is going to get huge during stretch.
i'd definitely stick with your current nutes the first 7-10 days of 12/12 and then move over to your bloom nutes.

Why? The plant is still in grow mode.
well I am wanting them to start focusing on flowering when I switch to 12/12 so I am just making sure that they have the nutrients to do just that it . I also give them 24hrs of darkness before setting the clock for their 12/12 cycle .

From my own experience I would suggest sticking with the grow for about 10 days into 12/12. Depending on your grow space I would not want to discourage stretch. Cutting off the growth during stretch would decrease available bud grow space on the plant, resulting in slightly less yield. Following up a little late on Bloom nutes would have much less repercussions than starting too early and missing out on some stretch. Experimenting with trial & error are the best tutors so do what ever you like and compare to your last grow or your next to see what best works for you.

From my own experience I would suggest sticking with the grow for about 10 days into 12/12. Depending on your grow space I would not want to discourage stretch. Cutting off the growth during stretch would decrease available bud grow space on the plant, resulting in slightly less yield. Following up a little late on Bloom nutes would have much less repercussions than starting too early and missing out on some stretch. Experimenting with trial & error are the best tutors so do what ever you like and compare to your last grow or your next to see what best works for you.
Also, stretch opens the nodes up for better light exposure of the buds if you are doing a normal vertical grow.

amount of stretch is more related to genetics and light distance and strength and enviromental condtions than nutrients in my opinion . why do I say this ? look at mothernature when its time for the plant to switch gears it stays in the same soil with the same nutrients that have always been in the soil its just that the plants starts looking to change its diet so to speak , you know what its choosing to feed on because the name of the game is changing from grow to lets fruit .

That's what we are talking about here is going from vegetative growth to fruit production and in that transition the appetite / cravings the plant has changes ...simply because its objective has changed.

amount of stretch is more related to genetics and light distance and strength and enviromental condtions than nutrients in my opinion . why do I say this ? look at mothernature when its time for the plant to switch gears it stays in the same soil with the same nutrients that have always been in the soil its just that the plants starts looking to change its diet so to speak , you know what its choosing to feed on because the name of the game is changing from grow to lets fruit .

That's what we are talking about here is going from vegetative growth to fruit production and in that transition the appetite / cravings the plant has changes ...simply because its objective has changed.
Exactly, the nutrient schedule should follow the needs of the plant, as it happens, not before.

Exactly, the nutrient schedule should follow the needs of the plant, as it happens, not before.
in my system I have massive rootzones that are very fine and matted if you will and just like ph inside the rootzone can differ from the solution that its in so can the nutrients in the root zone . I choose to do mine a couple days before the flip for multiple reasons and my root zone being one of them . when I flip I want to ensure that the root zone is saturated with more of what its looking for and less of what its not ….its the same basis as to why there are grow and bloom nutes ...its not that they have different ingredients its that they have different ratios of those ingredients based on what the plant is looking for . When you flip to 12/12 you are manually telling the plant its time to produce fruit so it starts looking for more of the items that will aid in fruit production then . I also see clusters of flowers by the end of the first week in 12/12 and good stacking in the second week . but that is me in my system and why I do the things that I do .

in my system I have massive rootzones that are very fine and matted if you will and just like ph inside the rootzone can differ from the solution that its in so can the nutrients in the root zone . I choose to do mine a couple days before the flip for multiple reasons and my root zone being one of them . when I flip I want to ensure that the root zone is saturated with more of what its looking for and less of what its not ….its the same basis as to why there are grow and bloom nutes ...its not that they have different ingredients its that they have different ratios of those ingredients based on what the plant is looking for . When you flip to 12/12 you are manually telling the plant its time to produce fruit so it starts looking for more of the items that will aid in fruit production then . I also see clusters of flowers by the end of the first week in 12/12 and good stacking in the second week . but that is me in my system and why I do the things that I do .
You aren't though, you are just giving what it doesn't need yet and hasn't yet responded to the light change.

But I'll agree to differ if you will. :)

You aren't though, you are just giving what it doesn't need yet and hasn't yet responded to the light change.

But I'll agree to differ if you will. :)

I do not need to be right or wrong ...here is what I see at the 7th day and 14th day from the INITAL flip to 12/12 not 3 or 4weeks after I have changed the light schedule . so you be the judge for yourself as to whether you like or dislike the results of what I have found works for me .

Attachments

• IMG_5303.JPG
    IMG_5303.JPG
    555.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_5323.JPG
    IMG_5323.JPG
    583.1 KB · Views: 250
I do not need to be right or wrong ...here is what I see at the 7th day and 14th day from the INITAL flip to 12/12 not 3 or 4weeks after I have changed the light schedule . so you be the judge for yourself as to whether you like or dislike the results of what I have found works for me .
What they like at 3 weeks

If you're happy that''s all that matters.

What they like at 3 weeks
this is 3 weeks from initial flip ...I also focus on vpd and attribute this speedy switch to the lights I use .

Attachments

• IMG_5383.PNG
    IMG_5383.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 241
Back
Top Bottom