FlowerNose's Electric Fruit Auto Grow Journal 2017

Day 41

Relative humidity stays in the low 40s. The temp creeps up in time with the upward growth of the plant. I've got the door cracked open right now to let the excess heat out. It's been pushing 91°f and I think that's a little hotter than I'd like.

420-magazine-mobile863936309.jpg

But the canopy is finally evening out! The smell is wonderful. Almost like coffee.

Day 41 bonus post

It's bedtime at the FlowerNose Estate. The wee human baby is AWAKE so I am too. I find myself with time and a million photos to share with all of you.

I think I'll start with some of the tallest tops and their tiny flowers that are starting to build in.

420-magazine-mobile350441331.jpg

Then I can zoom in on some of her sexy parts. So sexy.

420-magazine-mobile1323217186.jpg

Here are some examples of the ties I had everywhere manipulating her direction. I pulled almost all of them out today.

420-magazine-mobile1217858720.jpg

Here's an "upskirt" shot. There are some leaves that got drenched during feedings and they shrivel up.

420-magazine-mobile499590746.jpg

But there are other old leaves that seem to be slowly turning a gentle yellow/green. That's just the way a plant ages, right? It's so hard to get in there with hands or watering can. :/

420-magazine-mobile1983328836.jpg

Well. How was that for everyphotoever? :) Sleep well, sweet friends.

Hey FlowerNose! Just wondering, you said ur Lights On temps are pretty high lately right? Well I was wondering about your lights off temps. Just wondering becuase I read that lights off temps above 75 f can starv the roots of oxygen, as oxygen saturation in water drops off rapidly above 75 f. Just letting you know. IM sure your lights down temps are much more normal than your lights on, but just in case!

Yo, Jurf! I don't have lights off temps! Read conflicting stuff about lighting for autos and whether they even need darkness. Fruity has never slept. Somewhere early on in this journal I said she was on 24/0 but I'm not sure where. :)

That's interesting about the root temps and oxygen. That makes sense. Isn't the substrate often cooler than the ambient temp though? Would that matter? Hmm.

Yo, Jurf! I don't have lights off temps! Read conflicting stuff about lighting for autos and whether they even need darkness. Fruity has never slept. Somewhere early on in this journal I said she was on 24/0 but I'm not sure where. :)

That's interesting about the root temps and oxygen. That makes sense. Isn't the substrate often cooler than the ambient temp though? Would that matter? Hmm.
Oh yes yes indeed the substrate does tend to be a tad cooler right.

No lights off at all huh? I read that too. But decided i may as well go with 18/6, to save on the electricity and to make everything all G for the rest of my plants. I did read yield for autos can be a little more prolific with 24/0, but personally would rather keep things a little more flexible.

You plan on doing any lights off at all just before harvest?

No lights off at all huh? I read that too. But decided i may as well go with 18/6, to save on the electricity and to make everything all G for the rest of my plants. I did read yield for autos can be a little more prolific with 24/0, but personally would rather keep things a little more flexible.

You plan on doing any lights off at all just before harvest?

I actually am thinking of giving her darkness and a flush at the end. :)

Day 42 continued

Well, I'm really glad I got those beauty shots today. Because Fruity got new lights! Upside, lots more delicious beams for my girl. Downside, horrible photos.

420-magazine-mobile517166627.jpg

Same plant as earlier today. Just as happy... But she looks horrible. Like that time my cousin Angela put on fake tanning cream without exfoliating first. She was still a beautiful girl, you just couldn't tell anymore.

So maybe they don't look like much, but these new lights pack a kick. There's one white light in the center and two red lights on the ends. The white LED is twice as powerful as the reds.

420-magazine-mobile1244668215.jpg

Mr FlowerNose used one of those light meter apps for a ballpark estimate of lumens per square meter (lux). We were pleased with the info we received. The reading was taken at canopy height.
Fruity: 16 inches
Widow: 13 inches

420-magazine-mobile32201438.jpg

While it LOOKS brighter on Widow's side, the meter says that Fruity's side has more light.

I'm interested to see how Fruity responds. .

Awesome! Really awesome.

YOu know what kinda wattage the new LED setup is pulling? God I really wanna know more about that LED. Also, very very curious about new temperature and humidity readings
More info later, for sure! :D I'm not sure what it's pulling at the wall yet, but it's running on two 50 watt drivers and one 100 watt driver.

First thing in the morning. RH 65%, temp 78.4°f.
420-magazine-mobile2042339530.jpg

Back
Top Bottom