FlowerNose's Electric Fruit Auto Grow Journal 2017

Well, I have actually. I just don't really know how the forum actually works or anything. XD. So, I haven't dug in that deep. Just been keeping up with you over the past couple weeks, and have enjoyed the things I've learned so far. Now, I'm ready for action.
Grow Journals

Otherwise you can find it under Browse > The Grow Room. Tons of info in there even if you don't publish your own.

Are you using the app? At the bottom right corner there's an icon to add a post. A journal works by just continuing to add new posts to the same thread by hitting reply at the bottom. If you expand that window, you can add photos and other attachments.

Guys. I want to share pictures of how massive Miss Fruity has become. It's hard to close the door on her for two reasons: I can't stop staring, and she's climbing out every time I open the door.

But I can't! The 420 app has been glitchy for days and it's really getting me down. :( Photos won't upload because of some permissions error. Attempting to back up a page causes the whole program to exit. I never get notifications on the notifications page no matter how much activity there is.

Blah.

420-magazine-mobile1744835513.jpg

Will this photo post? It's a new toy for the garden. Pretty nifty.

Ok! So it looks like photos are working again!

Here are my girls as of late last night. :D
420-magazine-mobile8909058.jpg

Little Widow is looking kind of sad with her current light situation. USPS gives us a hard time delivering to us out in the middle of nowhere so there was a delay in critical light equipment. It came today so we should be upgrading to SOMETHING better tonight.

I keep tugging at her with LST to get those tips even. It's an ongoing process and I'm not photodocumenting every minor change.
420-magazine-mobile582203922.jpg

Here's something interesting I noticed a few days ago. Roots have grown out the bottom of the grow bag. :) They're supposed to air prune, but they actually look happy.
420-magazine-mobile1175263604.jpg

Now, when doing light stress training, do you HAVE to completely thru vegetation? Or, can you stop when you're happy with the result?

Now, when doing light stress training, do you HAVE to completely thru vegetation? Or, can you stop when you're happy with the result?
The thing is, the plants do a lot of stretching in veg and early flower too. It's not always predictable. My space is limited, so I'm not comfortable just letting her do what she wants. :)

I was planning on doing it until it tabletops. Then just letting it go. I have same strain, and a 24x24x48 grow space.

Hey flowernose! Nice update! Did you say your fella is hAndcrafting an LED? If so i wonder how the hell he's gonna do that haha. When ya gonna tell us more about it?

Also, im gonna be using a growbag too. I hsvent got one yet tho. Do i need to make drainage holes myself or what?

Hi, Jurf! Thanks! My fella IS handcrafting an LED. I plan on making the process into its own journal elsewhere on here under the DIY section. I'll post a link here when it exists. :D

Growbags are made of cloth, so the water goes right through them. No holes necessary. :)

Day 39

She died.

April Fools. .

Here's Fruity 2 days ago, first thing in the morning. I've been keeping her tall tops down and tucking leaves so lower tops can get taller.
420-magazine-mobile266087698.jpg

Here she is now at our bedtime. Hulking out.
420-magazine-mobile1824242359.jpg

Our PH meter was in need of calibration but our buffering solutions had gone bad. We didn't want to risk hurting Fruity, so we skipped feeding her last night. We calibrated the meter tonight and gave her a good soak.

Looking real nice...Haven't seen training like that on an auto yet. Gives me some ideas when I get my fruity germed and going. Heard so many negative posts topping autos so LST looks the way to go get the most yield and keeping the plant from stretching vertically in a smaller space. Thanks for the updates Flowernose and keep up the good work.

BTW...question... What do you think about super cropping your auto FlowerNose?

Looking real nice...Haven't seen training like that on an auto yet. Gives me some ideas when I get my fruity germed and going. Heard so many negative posts topping autos so LST looks the way to go get the most yield and keeping the plant from stretching vertically in a smaller space. Thanks for the updates Flowernose and keep up the good work.

BTW...question... What do you think about super cropping your auto FlowerNose?

Hey! Thanks! I can't find a definitive anything on how much abuse autos can take. In my amateur opinion, as long as the girl is healthy she can take a beating. I supercropped one of Fruity's really long branches that was higher than I wanted. It was a risk as I could have broken off a top. She healed up like it was nothing. If you're going to be rough with an auto, be prepared to be sorry. But on the other hand it might be a good thing. That's kind of a non-answer. Sorry.

I plan to top my white widow auto when she's a bit bigger. That's over on my other journal. We'll see how that goes.

Autos have evolved a lot in the last couple of years. A lot of autos now are more like photos except the auto trait. They take almost as long to mature so you can train like you would a photo.

Thanks FlowerNose...That thread just blew me away on auto topping. Appears timing is key to topping in that 2nd to 3rd week of initial growing. Also, I've got 4 krippleberry autos and an electric fruit auto and this will be my 1st auto grow so all of this info has been really valuable to maximize this 1st auto grow. Again much thanks and keep up the good work look forward to following your thread...peace...

Back
Top Bottom