Flowers not staying up straight, what to do?

OMeWanCannabi

Sorry for Re-posting this from my journal but I am hoping for a quick answer;

HELP! :yikes:

Returning home from work today I found three of my little ladies struggling to hold their heads up. They are not showing any signs of wilting or sagging leaves just that they are top heavy, bending over, unable to keep straight.
They are not dry / thirsty and I'm quite sure they are not drowning as they were watered two days ago and are not due for another drink for a few days yet. Again leaves look and feel sturdy just like usual.

Is this normal or are they sick? If so what do I do?

DSC_09442.JPG
DSC_09454.JPG

she looks just top heavy man,its a great problem to have,very inconvenient as you will have to tie her off to something,but she still looks healthy

Yea the leaves are perky so no under/over watering going on, must be top heavy. Just figure out a way to hold it up and prevent it from breaking. Do you use any kind of silica products in your nute solutions? It helps build stem strength when used

You can use baboo stakes and garden wire
Great prob to have
Good luck
:peace:

You're sure? Man they had me worried.

your good,as was pointed out,leaves are still reaching up,the little discoloring of the leaves is to be expected this late in flower

A plant that size,I would have been concerned if she did'nt need support,you're good to go

you did not need any opinion on this. lol. i use a center bamboo, and rubber bands, with string, to support the side branches. band around bud, string to the top of center pole. three wraps, a half hitch or two, and repeat with next limb. sometimes, i use four sticks, on outside perimeter of pot. nice looking plant. you did well. remember. no feed the last three weeks. just flush with ph'ed water. i run like a few gallons thru my four gal pots. when its dry again, fllush em again. i usually get two flushes, by harvest.

And, now that the IMMEDIATE "problem" is solved, next time ... consider a SCROG type setup.
Google it. There's lots of info here and other places about how to.

It's the ONLY way I grow to flower now. SCROG all the way baby.

~ Auggie ~

A simple fan gently blowing the branches and leaves as the plant grows will help you greatly.
The plants don't build strong branches unless you stimulate them with movement.
In nature, they're constantly exposed to wind and air movement.
Like a human that looses use of a limb... it gets small and weak when not used. Same with your plants.

Give your next plants some exercise.

DYNA GRO PRO TEKT ftw!!!
It's like milk it does there bodies good.

Man you think the plant getting top heavy is a problem. Next problem will be you have too much product to smoke.

Back
Top Bottom