Flytier's Quasi-Aquaponic Salmon-Based Organic Autoflowering Perpetual SPoG® SoG

That's a test in and of itself. How many knock-overs can the plant take before it gives up the ghost!

I'll be curious to see if that tap root gets much longer than 16" given the chance. I'm not sure if the light intensity also plays a part. And you can test to see if a photo and an auto reach the same depth but the mass just gets bigger with a photo. Science!

It would be cool to find out but a photo plant in with all my autos would frig up the whole growroom. I'd either have a photo grow massive and/or have all my autos lose growth.

I had to replant some seeds tonight too. I tried some in soil that apparently disagreed with them (two weeks in a row - that's how I figured out it was the soil) So now I have a two week gap in my plants that I was trying to avoid. Gross.

I had to replant some seeds tonight too. I tried some in soil that apparently disagreed with them (two weeks in a row - that's how I figured out it was the soil) So now I have a two week gap in my plants that I was trying to avoid. Gross.

You might want a two week break from your 52 week/year hanging trimming drying curing routine! Schedule your vacation around it :).

You might want a two week break from your 52 week/year hanging trimming drying curing routine! Schedule your vacation around it :).

Good idea, but I'll have to get some vacation money built up again. Although that's not a bad way to spend 52 weeks a year.

I guess time will tell how stacking pots will work out. Hopefully good.
You'll do fine! I heard an old growers trick too you can just cut a hole in the bottom of the container and in a bag of soil and place on top! Easy as that. So if that works I have confidence in your stacked pots

You'll do fine! I heard an old growers trick too you can just cut a hole in the bottom of the container and in a bag of soil and place on top! Easy as that. So if that works I have confidence in your stacked pots

I can't picture it being a problem. I'm just worried about knocking them over.

I think you'll be fine with stacked pots. This next grow I'm not using fabric pots until flower. Just going to use 2 gallon black pots. I like to follow Jorge Cervantes recommendation of one gallon per month. So it'll be interesting to see how much of a difference it makes without air pruning.

I think you'll be fine with stacked pots. This next grow I'm not using fabric pots until flower. Just going to use 2 gallon black pots. I like to follow Jorge Cervantes recommendation of one gallon per month. So it'll be interesting to see how much of a difference it makes without air pruning.
Tried the 2 gallon on my present grow with Snow White autos and FFOF soil. Got 1/2 way through flower and the nutrients started to run out. 3 gallons would have been perfect for my the 20-30 DAY veg.

Tried the 2 gallon on my present grow with Snow White autos and FFOF soil. Got 1/2 way through flower and the nutrients started to run out. 3 gallons would have been perfect for my the 20-30 DAY veg.
I wish I had the space to use them. But I can compare the end results of my different sized pots for now. I don't have space for monster plants though, hence my growing of autos in the first place.

That's a lot of soil to start. I'm aiming a bit smaller for my little alcove in the kitchen, but I think I can get it to 16" deep. Three buckets stacked should do it though.
Good little vid!

I'm not doing fully organic. I'll be adding nutes eventually. That's more of a recommendation for the size to prevent root bound plants than nutrients. I think anyway? I also have a smaller veg space so I'm trying to get the most out of the space.

Back
Top Bottom