Flytier's Quasi-Aquaponic Salmon-Based Organic Autoflowering Perpetual SPoG® SoG

Looky looky!!!

420-magazine-mobile243905411.jpg
Careful you don't get a splinter in your eye!

Whoa! Check it out! It looks like you need some flies.
Those are just the classic Bamboo ones. There are 2 others too! Yeah just glad I found them they were in a Christmas box with the tree

Those are just the classic Bamboo ones. There are 2 others too! Yeah just glad I found them they were in a Christmas box with the tree 

It's an odd place for them but at least they're kept track of (more or less).

Those are just the classic Bamboo ones. There are 2 others too! Yeah just glad I found them they were in a Christmas box with the tree
Nice tall box, probably doesn't get touched much in a year..... Good for safekeeping, great idea! As long as you remember where it is when you need it LOL.

Subbed. This looks real interesting. Never seen aquaponics before

Thanks and welcome. It's not a true aquaponics setup, but I use aquaculture by-products that I obtain from the hatchery where I work. The compost is a wonderful addition to the soil; it makes a noticeable difference on the plants right through the life cycle. And I've just started using the effluent water recently to compare with tapwater. Next year I'll be collecting the shit itself and do some experiments with it.

So I took my recycling money from work and bought another pack of seeds. I got some more CKS Dwarf Low Flyers. They grew real well in my larger buckets so I want to see how they do in the smaller ones now. If they perform to my expectations I'll get another pack in the summer to breed with some Alaskan Thunderfucks, probably outdoors for a good seed harvest, and work on some hybrid Flyin' Fuck autos. From there I'll go back indoors and select for the best growers in a cramped space.

Another thing I'll try is to take the small buckets and double stack them with the bottoms cut out of the top ones. From my reading, it seems that Cannabis likes their pots deep rather than wide, so I can accommodate that. By doing it in this manner I should get extra growth while not taking up any more floorspace. I'll start that next week when I put down my next seeds, probably a couple DLFs.

And the SPoG® has an official harvest date, as far as I know. The wife's staff party is in eight days, on the 16th, so I can still get a bit more growth on them before doing the nuke-dry. After that, there will be another five weeks for the next harvest, which will be spent planting more seeds weekly. I may have to cut back to one a week for a while until I start to get a more or less regular harvest, but hey, I'm getting there.

There's not much change in the plants today, so I didn't bother with any pictures.

Ok, so I'll bother with one picture. I had a wonderful day for getting seeds. After I bought the Low Flyers I checked the mail. I got my Thunderfuck seeds (thanks man, highly appreciated - I think there are two very satisfied people on the ends of this trade) and some bagseed from my brother as well as two of my nephew's three albums. He's starting to make it big in Newfoundland's music scene.

So now I have the basis for my Flyin' Fucks, and if I do a cross with the other ones, maybe I can call them Fuckbags or something.
DSCI1534.JPG

So I took my recycling money from work and bought another pack of seeds. I got some more CKS Dwarf Low Flyers. They grew real well in my larger buckets so I want to see how they do in the smaller ones now. If they perform to my expectations I'll get another pack in the summer to breed with some Alaskan Thunderfucks, probably outdoors for a good seed harvest, and work on some hybrid Flyin' Fuck autos. From there I'll go back indoors and select for the best growers in a cramped space.

Another thing I'll try is to take the small buckets and double stack them with the bottoms cut out of the top ones. From my reading, it seems that Cannabis likes their pots deep rather than wide, so I can accommodate that. By doing it in this manner I should get extra growth while not taking up any more floorspace. I'll start that next week when I put down my next seeds, probably a couple DLFs.

And the SPoG® has an official harvest date, as far as I know. The wife's staff party is in eight days, on the 16th, so I can still get a bit more growth on them before doing the nuke-dry. After that, there will be another five weeks for the next harvest, which will be spent planting more seeds weekly. I may have to cut back to one a week for a while until I start to get a more or less regular harvest, but hey, I'm getting there.

There's not much change in the plants today, so I didn't bother with any pictures.
I've been reading the same about the Deep pots, might be a simple as a 5 gallon pail for a 30-day veg as far as I think.

5 gallon pots would be kickass, but in my space I might get two if I'm lucky, and then there's the height to consider with two plants growing like that. So I figure if depth is what they prefer, depth is what they'll get. It'll still not get them to their full potential, just a bit fuller. But I'm ok with that; my goal is to get maximum production in a minimum of space, which will include environment and genetics. So I'll try my organics in tall pots and breed dwarf versions of a couple favorite strains. I got my ATFs from Stank Genetics® today, and I'm itchin' to go now. I have to wait till the summer for that though, because my growroom is all auto and I don't need 12-12 for anything.

On a sidenote, I'm into the starting stage of getting a little personal seedbank on the go. I gotta get something other than the butter compartment for things now. I'm going to get what seeds I can, both pedigree and bagseed (preferably pedigree) and see what I can come up with, so I guess I'll need a bit of organization.
DSCI1535.JPG

And talking about it got me wanting to try it. So I did. The top one third of the top pot is plain soil spiked with perlite. It'll need a band of duct tape around it, but that's not a big deal. I could probably even go three high, but not right now; there'll be too much light differences and stuff.
DSCI1536.JPG

And talking about it got me wanting to try it. So I did. The top one third of the top pot is plain soil spiked with perlite. It'll need a band of duct tape around it, but that's not a big deal. I could probably even go three high, but not right now; there'll be too much light differences and stuff.
DSCI1536.JPG
Kind of like growing in a section of Sonotube. If you put your "tube" on a saucer and filled it, no reason you couldn't use one of those either, plus they are 100% recyclable when you're done with them as they are cardboard. They are also wax-coated on the inside and on the outside to prevent moisture from rotting them away too quickly..... Having the openbottom would be great for drainage too......Great idea Fly..... we always hear about the tap roots, why not give them the space that they seem to require.

Look at that place!

Kind of like growing in a section of Sonotube. If you put your "tube" on a saucer and filled it, no reason you couldn't use one of those either, plus they are 100% recyclable when you're done with them as they are cardboard. They are also wax-coated on the inside and on the outside to prevent moisture from rotting them away too quickly..... Having the openbottom would be great for drainage too......Great idea Fly..... we always hear about the tap roots, why not give them the space that they seem to require.

Look at that place!

It's slowly coming along. I'll get it set up pretty good yet. I'm not familiar with Sonotube, but I guess anything similar will work, especially if it's in a single piece.

And to top off a good day of getting three loads of seeds I finished it by managing to track down a quarter! Plus a Christmas card with $150 in it! I tell ya, is there a better day? Gas in the car tonight!
Gas grass or ass. Looks like you've got the bases covered!

Back
Top Bottom