Flytier's White Widow Novice Grow

Looking good! What day are you on?

Hey thanks Guy! I think the seeds were put down on either April 17 or 27, so it would be either day 48 or 58, but it seems to me they are on day 48.

Did you check your Visitors Message board on your homepage? I posted a pic of some of your flies there. The ones on the left are the Green Machines I was telling you about. I'm gonna make the dozen salmon flies, but I'm gonna throw in a few of my favorite trout flies too. Always nice to have a bit of variety in the fly box.

So now the indoor WW is getting prepared for 12/12. Over the past week or so I've been doing some trimming and pruning of leaves and sucker shoots, getting it some better lighting and energy usage. I may have a bit of a problem with calcium, so I'll have to look into that before I do anything.
DSCI1026a.jpg

I untied some of the branches that I was doing LST on. They are kind of on the small side for buds, so I'm going to use them for clones. I'll let them grow upwards for the next couple weeks and snip them off before I put the plant in the flowering section of the grow room.
DSCI1031a.jpg

The outdoor plant is looking fantastic though. She's soaking up lots of natural light and loving it. Not really much to say on this one though; I'm not doing much with it other than LST. It had two pairs of branches that I planned to use for clones, but they are getting bigger and I tied them down with the rest. There are other shoots coming out that I can cut off later.
DSCI1028a.jpg

Everyone's filling in nicely!

Not bad, I guess. I'm pretty much done with the training on the smaller indoor one; I'll be putting it in the 12/12 section in a couple weeks, I'm just letting the smaller branches get big enough to make cuttings, then prune it and send it down to the neonatal ward. The bigger outdoor one... well, that's getting some nice branching on it and it's not random like the indoor.

Love the LST on these. Those are some seriously bushy plants. I'm looking forward to seeing all the buds that spring up from all those side branches.

Hey thanks. The indoor one has more branches but they aren't stocky like the outdoor one. Each time I do a grow I get a better feel for it.

I put an indoor and an outdoor sister into the flower section the other day to get the rotation started. They are about three weeks behind the first ones in there so I may have to somehow make a bit of room later on to get a proper schedule on the go. I'm planning to harvest a single plant at a time every few weeks eventually, but that depends on the final outcome of the buds. Until then, I have a bit of experimentation time over the summer; If I have too many plants on the go they can do their thing out by the door and by fall I'll be straightened away.

So here's the two that I put in the flower section. Easy to tell the outdoor from the indoor:
DSCI1067a.jpg

The indoor plant looks sort of scrawny to put into 12/12, but my the first two were about that size when they went in too:
DSCI1069a.jpg

And although the outdoor plant isn't the most ready in the world either, it will help me get the rotation started:
DSCI1068a.jpg

And just before each of them went into 12/12 I got some clones off them. The indoor one had more LST, so there were a lot more clones to be gotten off them. I may back off on the LST on future plants because they seem a little stunted with a high amount done to it.

Well, it's been a couple weeks since I put the girls on 12/12 and they are now budding - not surprisingly, in the order in which they were put into the flowering section: outdoor plant first, then the two indoors in order. It says good things about the genetics, anyway. Hopefully my back won't go out again until these are done (or until I get an MMJ card). That was a disappointingly early ending to my first two WWs, but it got my spine to snap back into place. If the muscle relaxing properties of a half-ripe, microwave-dried White Widow are that good, I can't wait to try the properly finished ones.

I'm having a problem with the leaves turning brown and drying up with the two that were grown indoors from the start, but I think it's probably an issue with overfertilizing them. The outdoor one, which was picked with less, isn't having that issue as much.

Anyway, here's the outdoor one that I brought indoors. It's been flowering for almost a week now:
DSCI1160a.jpg

And here's one of the straight indoor ones. These buds popped up a couple days ago:
DSCI1164a.jpg

So with that, stay tuned for next week's episode.

Yeah. Well. So the one that appeared to be doing the best was the one that bit the big one. I think I may have had too many CFLs on the go, because when I moved four of them out the leaves stopped going brown and green is coming back again. Also, I've been on vacation for almost a week now and I left the growroom door open a couple nights after falling asleep early. I'm not sure if there is any particular time in the flowering phase where plants become more susceptible to hermying by light stress, but I may find out. If so, I might get some free seeds out of it. I've smoked seedy weed before; if they are found before getting rolled, the joints are still somewhat decent. Just gotta watch out for the popcorn.

But I digress. The buds are coming along pretty good so far. Really not much to say other that that, I guess, so here's one of them:
DSCI1209a.jpg

I've smoked seedy weed before; if they are found before getting rolled, the joints are still somewhat decent. Just gotta watch out for the popcorn.

Back when I started smoking dope, it was just leaf, seeds, and stems. No such thing as buds. And there was always one guy who loved to clean it, inside a double album cover or the underside of a frisbee. When our eyebrows got burned by an exploding seed, that one guy got the blame!

Back when I started smoking dope, it was just leaf, seeds, and stems. No such thing as buds. And there was always one guy who loved to clean it, inside a double album cover or the underside of a frisbee. When our eyebrows got burned by an exploding seed, that one guy got the blame!

When we got popcorned by a seed the smoker usually got laughed at. How times have changed; I'd kill to find a bit of bagseed now. Retail ones cost a fortune.

Nice ladies!! Looks like they're kinky and like the ties 
Cheers?


Yeah there's a few kinks in them. I'm still getting used to doing the LST. My outdoor ones are trained a whole lot better though.

Cheers to you too.

Well, it happened again. I ended up cutting down my half-finished buds to ease my fucked-up back. I have one left out of this batch - my outdoor WW which is just getting ready to prepare to start to commence budding.

I'll be glad to get my MMJ prescription so I can go through an LP and leave my unfinished plants alone. Should be two weeks from today.

Well, it happened again. I ended up cutting down my half-finished buds to ease my fucked-up back. I have one left out of this batch - my outdoor WW which is just getting ready to prepare to start to commence budding.

I'll be glad to get my MMJ prescription so I can go through an LP and leave my unfinished plants alone. Should be two weeks from today.

Hang tight for that card. Should make a world of difference knowing you don't have to chop early for pain relief.

Hang tight for that card. Should make a world of difference knowing you don't have to chop early for pain relief.

Don't I know it. I have some lovely plants out by the front door and I dread to imagine how long they would (not) last if they were all I have to rely on. But, and it doesn't sound like a long time when I put it like this, by next payday I should have it. I just checked my email and I have my appointment confirmed to see the doc for the prescription. Thanks for the good words, they mean a lot.

Here's my babies, three CKS CBDreams and a CKS White Widow. I have a couple runts and clones in my indoor grow room, but these are the stars of the show.
Untitled-1a.jpg

Love the faded edges on that pic! Looks like an old time postcard. Beautiful healthy green plants. I'm sure they'll do well by/for you.:Namaste:

Thanks, I was playing with Photoshop this morning. I was a little off on the top and bottom. I'm hoping they're going to start to bud soon.

Things have been just kind of coasting along; watching the one remaining WW from the group of five start to bud. I have four CBDreams still on the go, also being journalled. So far I've resisted the temptation to bring them indoors, except for one, but anyway...

DSCI1269a.jpg
DSCI1263b.jpg
DSCI1256a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom