Funny First Grow Outdoor/Balcony OG Kush + Grape Ape

What kind of rig you got. I ride w/ the MASH boys when they are in town. I was a former messenger in Chi town and The Apple. Is riding track bikes something new to you or what?

haha wsup Growheart,
thanks for swingin thru mayn, does look like some nute problem eh?
hasnt been progressing so im not tooworried....
and yea im stickn with soil for a while too....
dawg i wana try out some blue cheese myself, had some the other week..... talk about couchlock..... superstoned bruh.... :blunt:
cant wait to see some flowers! :yummy:

Wudup Velodrone,
well riding track bikes on the velodrome would be new to me since ive never done it, but damn id be down to try it out and prettyconfident id be good at it :cool:
i was lookin for messenger work here in downtown los angeles, but things just didnt work out with being a fulltime student and all......
ive tried out many track frames.... but never switched out a whole setup..... never had money for that..... but im familiar with brands like bianchi, specialized, masi, leader, pake, and the list goes on.......
i do local rides here and i attend some as well like critical mass, kushtown wednesdays.... theres a grip..... i just took a break from this whole mass when i started seeing people pick it up and mes around with it like its a fad.... but it isnt... i think it goes way back than that.... messengers have been around for a while man..... tripd me out.... and im over here breakn these bikes like bmxs lol....
when i ride with the homies its around 50+ miles a night.... around los angeles.... fun....
46/16 no gears no brakes just all skids and bunnyhops.... its a sport to me.... not a fad at all.

funnystyle said:
Wudup Velodrone,
well riding track bikes on the velodrome would be new to me since ive never done it, but damn id be down to try it out and prettyconfident id be good at it
i was lookin for messenger work here in downtown los angeles, but things just didnt work out with being a fulltime student and all......
ive tried out many track frames.... but never switched out a whole setup..... never had money for that..... but im familiar with brands like bianchi, specialized, masi, leader, pake, and the list goes on.......
i do local rides here and i attend some as well like critical mass, kushtown wednesdays.... theres a grip..... i just took a break from this whole mass when i started seeing people pick it up and mes around with it like its a fad.... but it isnt... i think it goes way back than that.... messengers have been around for a while man..... tripd me out.... and im over here breakn these bikes like bmxs lol....
when i ride with the homies its around 50+ miles a night.... around los angeles.... fun....
46/16 no gears no brakes just all skids and bunnyhops.... its a sport to me.... not a fad at all.

The fact that you ride is enough brother, and you grow! Seem like a cool cat to me! I'll be around. Keep it up w/ the ladies.

Hey funnystyle. looking good brother. I see you got around to building that light. Seems like its coming together for you over there. Im chopping my oldest plants this week, super stoked, even though yield wont be too high on these first ones. Oh well, more next month.

haha thanks Velodrone,
yea dawg bikes are too dope.... even the ladies i ride with.... :surf:
swing thru anytime bruh. your more than welcome :surf:

wsup Gio,
thanks for swingn thru again bruh
goto tell ya the sawin process was no joke... haha....
damn this thing grows though! hella better than just 6 lights..... more efficient as well... i likes it! :thanks:

on another note..... man.... i am not havn a great time with these smart pots at all..... i mean shit i couldnt even really notice my growth diff since i didnt really put another in a diff 3g pot... i got these damn roots stickn out everywhere on the bottom man..... those damn fungus gnats appeared..... those little fuckers called up all their homies to party at my tent.... i was smackn em up for a good 10 minutes man....
will the pantyhose still work at this point? dont got a picture but imagine those damn fabricated pots with roots pokin out everywhere on the bottom.... im afraid the roots might be stronger and would still poke out thru them.....
will i have to resort to neem oil? are there no other household remedies? im really tryna save up some money right now for a diff project i have in mind, but at the same time i dont wana let this damn gnat problem get outa hand. doesnt look like theyre after my stems or whatever they eat yet.... theyre just after the roots and theyve been eating i can tell ya.... could i spray lemon juice all over the side of the pots after i knock all the hangn roots off?

any input is appreciated. thanks 420!

ok.... so im in trouble... i think i might needa transplant the hulkz out to diff pots... i think my humidity issue is becoming a real pain. i cant keep it down around the pots.... i can mess with it up top.... but the fabric stays moist and its just too crammed down there. i got sick white mold.... fungusgnats all over em eatn all that white shit and my roots.... fuck.... the larvae....
my dog ran across me and accidentally hit one of the plants int he tent and it dsnapped.... i taped it back up... seems to be straigtening out for the most part.... although its fan leaf looks dead....
SDC11259.jpg

the roots out the bottom.....
SDC112571.jpg

mold....
SDC112561.jpg
SDC112581.jpg

any ideas? cheap soil?

Hey funny,

I've used those exact same smart pots before and they really don't make much difference indoors unless maybe you planned on vegging for a long time and producing a monster. Their real impact can be seen outdoors over a full grow season. The thing that's puzzling is that those smart pots usually drain very well so you must have serious humidity in your tent/place or you're overwatering.

52 seems to have the best idea for your mold issues. The only thing that I can add is definitely try to get the air moving more in your tent. I only use a small intake fan, the same clip-on outtake fan that you use (only it's clipped right to the opening of the duct so it blows a strong current out) and a strong scrubber fan inside. The air really moves in my tent and I haven't had any issues with mold.

I'm in LA too so I know what kind of weather you've been dealing with. I lost half of three big colas I had outside to brown mold last week. I don't think there's anything I could have done.

Hey it wouldn't be worth it if it was easy. I think it's a noble thing that you're doing for your mom. Don't get discouraged. Lean into it more.

Hey funnystyle...

Hmm, I'm sorry to hear you didn't have the success I had with the Smart Pots... That's very strange that you got the white mold.... I've not had any such problem. You shouldn't react prematurely to the root tips. Don't hate on the Smart Pots just yet... The roots WILL prune themselves, just takes a couple days. At one point, a few of my roots were just baaarely poking out of the sides too. Less than a week later, they were all gone (pruned themselves back inside of the pot).

As far as the humidity, it seems we have all be getting problems from the humidity. I had a pretty nasty powdery mildew infestation on my guys but got rid of it with a diluted milk spray. i'm continuing to monitor them but it's been relatively warm lately so the PM has subsided.

Hmm...
1. Is the weather drying up over there? I know its been humid but is the rain gone?
2. When you water, where do you pour your water in the pot?
3. Do you have a fan blowing on the pots themselves? not just the canopy
4. Have you used hygrozyme? mightttt be a good time for investment in a bottle...

The soil could be the problem but as long as you can keep the medium clean, you shouldn't be getting any mold. Fungus generally tend to favor acidic conditions, temps from 60-75, and humidity about 50%. Change any of these conditions, and the fungus will disappear.

To keep spores from spreading, you can mist the plants down with a 1 part milk to 9 parts water solution to give everything a slightly basic pH. This'll keep the spores from spreading around much and it also boosts your plants immune system.

Lemme know your answers to those questions and hopefully I can help you out with this!

Take care brother! :yummy:

yo 52 i think ima go ahead and repot them.... i think it would be hella easier to control humidity for sure..... and i think thats my main problem... funny my mom asked me to order her a bra on ebay and i was like ill do it if you buy me a hygrometer lol.... she said fine...! :yahoo: i wasnt even gona pick one up cos im still tryna get rid of some stuff.... high off weed/low off cheese.....
i saved up a couple dubs but today i hada get me some skywalker bruh..... :smokin:
im gona pick up some pots tomorrow and i dont know if i should get the 3gallons or the 5gallons.... its kinda eh... if i transplant them all to the same gallonsize hard plastic uncomfortable pot from a damn comfy ass fabricated ass pot. lol..... 5g it is. my homies got some ff soil over at his place and i think ima take a few pots worth so i can transplant em to a better home eeeeeeheeeeee....... :slide: damn this skywalker is BOMB.:tokin:
speakn of skywalker..... some lady on ----------- forums be blowin them threads up with fem skywalker ogs for 15 a pop. if i sell this one camera battery thingy ima pick that up......... i love skywalker man......:Rasta:

oh yea and the mold on the soil and around the walls of the pot.... i kinda just poured lemon juice on a paper towel and wiped off all that shit..... and i just picked up the soil around the mold with it about an inch deep.... hope that helps i know its gona be somewhere in the morning...... im expecting it....

thanks 52.:peacetwo:

Oh Shyte Brother!!!:whoa::whoa::whoa:

I was just lookin at your gallery pics when you put these up.

Damn, you need to get all your plants into plastic pots ASAP The mold is your biggest issue. Be carefull when moving your pots around or when cleaning up the damage. Mold spores will become airborne and can make you sick, Not sure about this mold though.

Here's something I got from another site
Mold is of a type of fungus, mildew is also a type of fungus and is sometimes used interchangeably. Mold propagates by spreading a millions of spores, which travel through the air. Mold spores are everywhere, and can grow on almost any organic material.
Mold likes high temperatures (mid 70°F), high humidity, darkness, and stagnant air. When mold is discovered check to see if it is active (soft, fuzzy, smears easily) or dormant (powdery, easy to wipe). If it is active and it is in single plant, consider withdrawing it from the collection, and carefully remove and replace the top inch of soil from the pot. If it is in the dormant stage, allow the soil to become quite dry, then brush off the spores, working outdoors and (if possible) with a fan blowing the spores away. Some varieties of mold are toxic to humans, so please use great care. Wearing rubber gloves and a dust mask are not unreasonable precautions.
How to combat mold

Hope this helps brother.

Hopefully somone with exp will have an answer

Hey funny,

I've used those exact same smart pots before and they really don't make much difference indoors unless maybe you planned on vegging for a long time and producing a monster. Their real impact can be seen outdoors over a full grow season. The thing that's puzzling is that those smart pots usually drain very well so you must have serious humidity in your tent/place or you're overwatering.

52 seems to have the best idea for your mold issues. The only thing that I can add is definitely try to get the air moving more in your tent. I only use a small intake fan, the same clip-on outtake fan that you use (only it's clipped right to the opening of the duct so it blows a strong current out) and a strong scrubber fan inside. The air really moves in my tent and I haven't had any issues with mold.

I'm in LA too so I know what kind of weather you've been dealing with. I lost half of three big colas I had outside to brown mold last week. I don't think there's anything I could have done.

Hey it wouldn't be worth it if it was easy. I think it's a noble thing that you're doing for your mom. Don't get discouraged. Lean into it more.

yo thanks zoom for swingn thru
yea dawg LA weather is trippn out man..... hmmm so no difference eh?
i shoulda just went the whole way with plastic pots so i can tell a difference later on...... so damn spontaneous.... i mean dont get me wrong, i think they do work in a way...... cos the roots are like spikin out instead of hittn the floor first.... pretty sick...
ima transplant em tomorrow after workhopefully my homie can swing thru with that soil....
sucks you lost some weight.... but i bet its happy! last few days been hella sunny my bathroom plant lovn it! :blunt:
yea my moms kinda iffy bout the buddha now.... but well see.... shes def gona try sumn out the oven thats for sure.
thanks for the input dawg.:smokin:

Kylester
answers to your questions.
1. Is the weather drying up over there? I know its been humid but is the rain gone?
yup rains gone.... it was hot as hell today man....
i poked holes in my water bottlecap and i use that to water them.... on topsoil all around it....
nope i only got 1 fan... but i try and keep the tent open cos it gets too humid in there..... and i leave the fan oscillating on both my tent and my vegstation in my closet... sad.... im still tryna pick up a 12v dc adapter for this one fan i got that supposedly moves air.... the one 52 gave me is like 260cfm!! im figurin out a fan solution as we speak.
4. Have you used hygrozyme? mightttt be a good time for investment in a bottle...
stuff is super expensive.... i looked at it once and i never lookedagain... lol.... how has it been beneficial for you so far?

you knowwhat thats a trip cos i noticed i didnt see the same roots everyday.... there were different ones or they were moving... but they werent really growing much.... now i know that that theyll go back in the pot lol thats so dope... i think the transplant is gona be a go on this one... i think its gona cause less problems for now. i just dont have the space for a fan to be hittin all the pots sides to keep humidity down....

also... should i clean out my tent before i put my plants back in there? im thinkn i should but is it absolutely necessary? does the fungus linger and stick to other materials? lets say mylar...... i hope it acts like a slip and slide to those bitches..... muahahaa

that milk thing is a trip.... i think ima try that tomorrow... hmm does lactaid work?? lol.... we asians are lactose my ninja....
dawg thanks for the help.

oh another thing.... there are a lot of bugs here i noticed..... i got real tall trees growin here that i can touch from my balcony.... and im pretty sure they got some bugs chilln up in there.....
shitflies.... fruitflies.... stupidflies.... the flies that be havn seizures and shit.... then the jumbo flies. ive seen these fuckers wait til my dog takes a shit and they buzz after it... lol.... theyre the fat lazy ones.... ok anyways yea i got mad bugs flyin around up in here, but the ones thats been fuckin with me is the damn fungusgnats. fruityfly lookn asses....

52, im off to home depot as soon as my water turns back on. just finished carpet cleanin my building and i finally get to start on some errands with some o this money i just worked for.... dope....

i did notice slower drainage these past few waterings even when i left em in the tub for about 15 minutes.... they were still heavy and when i tilted them over a little water started runnin out like it was only drainin for 2 minutes..... i hear ya on the cloggin brother.....

switchen em out to diff pot = goto remove those skewers.... that stuff was a pain to tie up man....... u think the stems will straighten out or will they continue to grow the way they are.... cos i loosend one up and the stem was stiff the way it was and didnt really budge....

yea... wetfeet.... humidity.... really caught up to me. i think 5gallons should do. the ones at HD are wider really.... are taller pots better?

Funnysteezy my neezy i see u pimpin !! Im also going to be flowering this week u know your brother-in-farms is right there with u !! What does the 36 hours of darkness before flowering do ? Show sex faster ? I know im on the hydro side and r0seman said the darkness period is unnecessary for us but let me know how it benefits... I might try it..

:blunt::surf:

got this from another source.
"what they SAY is that it sends the plants into whirlwind speeds to start to sex and procreate asap, hoping light will eventually come back and they can continue their respective cycles;

wait until the right time or else you may stress the plant, and if you have to go back to veg state it is delayed a steady pace almost by a week or two. Long time to make up for a mistake. . .

during the dark-cycle of the marihuana plant is that it uses the energy it has stored and collected in the light-cycle to cause plant chemistry/biological formulation (growing, flowering, etc)

supposedly the 3 - sets of straight 12 hour periods of darkness cause the plants to use every bit of energy they have left into beginning the flowering stage, drying it up. Would be good to give an immediate boost for a bloom setup right before you turn on your lights again, so when the stomata's open up like @_@ OMG, there is nutrients to immediately start abosrbing."

cant wait to see some diesel flowers bud. :popcorn:

ok so i got the pots. theyre actually 15.05 liters.... which is 4.09 gallons.... HD didnt have 5s... i was lookn for the cheapest buckets too.... they had 3s but wanted somethin biggeri think it should be okay... theyre wider by the way.....12 inches diameter and 9inches tall... same as the smart pots.... eh....

damn dude.... i got paid 120 for the work.... and i was at the post office pickn up my package from amazon..... my mom left the car today i think she walked to work or sumn.... damn in less than 10 minutes i got a ticket for 85 bucks man.... than means i can only spend 35 which i did. i bought 5 of those 15liter buckets and a venus flytrap plant.... i figured this guy would help me out with some other bug issues i have in my room. if they can even catch the fungusgnats thatd be fuggn awesome!

that 85.................... you win some you lose some i guess....... thats 8 and a half hours work by the way.... eh...

Kylester
answers to your questions.
yup rains gone.... it was hot as hell today man....
i poked holes in my water bottlecap and i use that to water them.... on topsoil all around it....
nope i only got 1 fan... but i try and keep the tent open cos it gets too humid in there..... and i leave the fan oscillating on both my tent and my vegstation in my closet... sad.... im still tryna pick up a 12v dc adapter for this one fan i got that supposedly moves air.... the one 52 gave me is like 260cfm!! im figurin out a fan solution as we speak.
stuff is super expensive.... i looked at it once and i never lookedagain... lol.... how has it been beneficial for you so far?

you knowwhat thats a trip cos i noticed i didnt see the same roots everyday.... there were different ones or they were moving... but they werent really growing much.... now i know that that theyll go back in the pot lol thats so dope... i think the transplant is gona be a go on this one... i think its gona cause less problems for now. i just dont have the space for a fan to be hittin all the pots sides to keep humidity down....

also... should i clean out my tent before i put my plants back in there? im thinkn i should but is it absolutely necessary? does the fungus linger and stick to other materials? lets say mylar...... i hope it acts like a slip and slide to those bitches..... muahahaa

that milk thing is a trip.... i think ima try that tomorrow... hmm does lactaid work?? lol.... we asians are lactose my ninja....
dawg thanks for the help.

Hey buddy,

Buy Superoots Air-Pot - 5 gallon size, for sale at the DG Marketplace.

Check these out. This is what I was originally going for with the smart pots. These "air pots" are plastic so might not carry the same problems as a fabric made cloth. I wanted to buy these originally but got lazy when it came around to ordering them... (You can't find them in any hydro store b/c its very new and upcoming technology).

I sympathize with 52's thoughts, and maybe the cloth isn't the best for everyone but a fan blowing on the lower parts of the plants as well as the upper would completely cure your fungus problem. Its not the smart pots that are the problem... its the conditions. More air circulation = less humidity = fungus gone!

Since the rain cleared up, humidity should drop greatly. This will definitely help reduce the number of spores in your garden.

To help with humidity of the pots, you could try watering them in one place when the humidity kicks back up. This'll keep less of the pot wet but still let your guys get their water.

The hygrozyme is a MUST in my garden... I know it's expensive but you can turn to less expensive pond enzyme's (virtually the same).

Enzymes

Here's a site about them.

My two cents about enzymes and growing.........
If you were using them, you would not have the mold you're seeing there now. It's purpose is to keep the medium clean!

As far as cleaning your room, it's almost a MUST if you don't want the fungus to stick around.

To be absolutely sure, just wipe it down with a bleach solution. This'll kill any spores that might be floating around in the air.

Goodluck to you. Sorry you were disappointed with the Smart Pots! :/

Back
Top Bottom