GDB Does Tangerine Dream Fems

Nice things about vertically challenged photos is they grow out of it. Autos...different story!
Funny that you mention that, Shed. I was up until about 3 this morning wading through a thread in which you and others participated in a comparative grow sponsored by the Vault a few years ago. Seems that lots of folks were stuck with little Brooklyn Sunrise autos that were determined not to rise! It turned into a suspense novel for me, hence the 3am bedtime! :Rasta:

Shout out to 420 sponsor, New420guy seedbank! I ordered seeds on 3/5 and they were in my mailbox on 3/7. Wow! I got my Ghost Train Haze fems and (surprise!) they tossed in 3 free Blue Dream fems.

Two-day delivery -- I feel like I've got a New420guy Prime account! :Rasta:

Shout out to 420 sponsor, New420guy seedbank! I ordered seeds on 3/5 and they were in my mailbox on 3/7. Wow! I got my Ghost Train Haze fems and (surprise!) they tossed in 3 free Blue Dream fems.

Two-day delivery -- I feel like I've got a New420guy Prime account! :Rasta:
Nice! And I hear the BD is supposed to be awesome, I got some of those for myself as well. Lol

Nice! And I hear the BD is supposed to be awesome, I got some of those for myself as well. Lol
Nice. When you thinking of starting one, BB?

As soon as this indica run is over I’m starting up a straight sativa grow. BD, GTH, Durban Poison, and Acapulco Gold will be the lineup. Probably be a month or so before this harvest now comes in and I’ll have room for it.
Please tag me when you do!

I got you my man :passitleft: how are the babies doing so far?
They look okay, BB. Maybe you can help me out though. I've never started plants in smaller containers than what they would finish in. I always just started the seedlings in their final pots. Now, I've got 2 in one gallon pots and 1 in a solo cup. All will be unpotted. So far, I've only been watering around the perimeter of the main stems. At what point do I fully water these babies until runoff? I've been sitting here thinking about this today and come to figure out that I don't know the answer! :Rasta:

They look okay, BB. Maybe you can help me out though. I've never started plants in smaller containers than what they would finish in. I always just started the seedlings in their final pots. Now, I've got 2 in one gallon pots and 1 in a solo cup. All will be unpotted. So far, I've only been watering around the perimeter of the main stems. At what point do I fully water these babies until runoff? I've been sitting here thinking about this today and come to figure out that I don't know the answer! :Rasta:
Honestly you’d be better off seeking help from someone with a little more expertise then I do with transplanting and watering schedules. I’ve always started my seedlings in their final pots as well and I’ve only grown in DWC so I’m not too sure about coco. Someone will come through here soon and provide a wealth of information for you on the subject though.

Honestly you’d be better off seeking help from someone with a little more expertise then I do with transplanting and watering schedules. I’ve always started my seedlings in their final pots as well and I’ve only grown in DWC so I’m not too sure about coco. Someone will come through here soon and provide a wealth of information for you on the subject though.
Appreciated, BB! (And I'm in soil, not coco.)

What’s up GDB? How do the babies look? to answer your question, somewhere around 7-10 days I start fully soaking my solo cups. After you do it the first time just leave her alone as long as it takes for her to dry out completely, then full soak her again. Once she’s draining her soil of water completely in 36-48 hours, it’s time for a bigger container.

The point of starting small is to allow the plant to create a strong root system more quickly. She can establish herself very well in a solo cup in about 2 weeks. Once you’ve got a strong healthy rootball, she’ll fill out a 1 gallon pot in just a week or two after being transplanted. That’s the advantage of starting small.

What’s up GDB? How do the babies look? to answer your question, somewhere around 7-10 days I start fully soaking my solo cups. After you do it the first time just leave her alone as long as it takes for her to dry out completely, then full soak her again. Once she’s draining her soil of water completely in 36-48 hours, it’s time for a bigger container.

The point of starting small is to allow the plant to create a strong root system more quickly. She can establish herself very well in a solo cup in about 2 weeks. Once you’ve got a strong healthy rootball, she’ll fill out a 1 gallon pot in just a week or two after being transplanted. That’s the advantage of starting small.
Thanks, Chef. Let me state my plan so you can further assist, if you don't mind. :Rasta:

First, like I said, I started 2 seeds in 1 gallon fabric pots and 1 in a solo cup. I'm clear on what you say about the solo, does the same timeline hold true for the 1 gallon pots?

Second, when I repot these babies, I do not plan to do it incrementally (as in solo, to 1 gallon, to 5 gallon, etc). I want to move them to their final homes, either 5 or 7 gallon pots, the first time I repot them. Is their a problem or disadvantage to doing it this way?

The only disadvantage to going to a much larger pot is that you need to water the plant as if it was in a smaller pot until you think the roots have filled in all the new soil.
Again, music to my ears, Shed! That, I can handle. But I'm much too lazy to routinely repot plants numerous times. (Had I gone into mega brain power mode, I probably would have figured that out for myself. But it's too late at night for that. I'd lose sleep.) :Rasta:

Thanks, man!

Also planting directly into 1 gallon pots your initial period before you soak the pot will be long maybe 14-17 days? Basically just wait til you see 1) a lot of above ground growth and 2) the plant asking you for more water by drooping

Also planting directly into 1 gallon pots your initial period before you soak the pot will be long maybe 14-17 days? Basically just wait til you see 1) a lot of above ground growth and 2) the plant asking you for more water by drooping
Thanks so much, Chef!

Thanks so much, Chef!
It’s just imperative that you leave them alone after the first soak. My sour bubba, after I transplanted her into 1 gallon and soaked her good, she didn’t want water again for 14 days. But when I did water her again, her pot had already been filled top to bottom with roots.

It’s just imperative that you leave them alone after the first soak. My sour bubba, after I transplanted her into 1 gallon and soaked her good, she didn’t want water again for 14 days. But when I did water her again, her pot had already been filled top to bottom with roots.
Wow! Thanks to you and the wordsmith, I'm getting a little road map through a part of town that I'm clueless about. Thanks to both of you so much! :Rasta:

Even without us GDB, you probably would’ve been fine! Photo girls will let you mess around with them quite a lot as long as you eventually get things sorted. But I’m glad we could help make things clearer

Back
Top Bottom