Girl Scout Cookies - Soilless -Tent

Everything still looking great!

June 13th Day 12 Flower
1497398972257-791208285.jpg

This is very exciting! Looking excellent! I'm only a couple of weeks into veg my first grow, so it was good to see how you did your canopy and manage stretch etc.

Thanks brother i've been giving them lots of love haha. They really went crazy once the second Reflector 96 was put in. Was thinking to do another screen to hold stuff up later on. Not sure what stretch will be like yet.

Your ladies are looking nice and bushy.

Edit: Realized I was vague on temps. Ive been keeping temps 82 in day and 70+ at nights. They really like the 80+ in day not sure how high I could take temp.

Sub'd for this ride.

I am no expert by any means but from my understanding, you don't want to go much above the 84 or 85 range unless you running CO2 in your tent. 82 is great, just try not to let it go over 85. I can tell you that I had some early heat waves before I was able to get the window AC unit installed and I hit the high 80s and even 90 degrees and my girls are fine. I just wouldn't recommend a lot of time spent in those ranges if you can help it....you run the risk of unnecessary stress and that might lead to your girls turning hermie on you.

Everything looking good

June 7th Day 6 Flower

DSC_013333.JPG

Canopy is looking great Nizzly. I am still reading through your journal, so someone or you might do this before I have posted it, but consider a major defoliation in the day 17-20 range of your flower. You should be well into the bud development phase and you will want to remove many of those bigger fan leaves to open your lower section up and unblock any bud sites that might be getting covered up.

If you have already defoliated between when you posted this message and now, well then disregard LOL.

Yea man, matter of fact I told myself only 2 plants in the box next grow haha. That means I gotta choose who goes in and who doesn't lol

Just an idea Archi....so you don't have to get rid of a lady, but try to only germinate what you need. Then if say a week or even 10 days later one or more haven't taken, pop another one. 10 days isn't really a big deal in size difference of a plant to me. You can generally train the bigger one down to the same height as the younger one if needed. Just food for thought.....I hate wasting a plant.

I grew regular seeds for one of my strains and only intended to keep one male for breeding purposes. But I figured instead of discarding the other male completely, I would use him as an experiment outdoors for my personal soil recipe. That way if I run into issues with the soil, its not a big deal if he dies or struggles, but I don't have to experiment on a plant I intend to keep and I get to learn from him and the grow. But anyways, just my .02....I hate to see a bean wasted especially if you are buying your beans.

Thanks to everyone whos subbed in, and big thanks to Van Stank thats very awesome advice on defoliate. I was thinking I had to wait the 21 day mark but I really need to defoliate badly will probly do it day 17 if you've had nps doing it that early thanks a lot! And temps have been 77-78 only had it that high 82 for a few days just as they were flipping. Its been some nice overcast days last week so its been more like 73-74 no AC. The reflectors run very cool, im just exausting air back into same room and temps have been very easy to maintain. Thats good advice on seeds as well, thanks for dropping in guys! :thanks:

Thanks to everyone whos subbed in, and big thanks to Van Stank thats very awesome advice on defoliate. I was thinking I had to wait the 21 day mark but I really need to defoliate badly will probly do it day 17 if you've had nps doing it that early thanks a lot! And temps have been 77-78 only had it that high 82 for a few days just as they were flipping. Its been some nice overcast days last week so its been more like 73-74 no AC. The reflectors run very cool, im just exausting air back into same room and temps have been very easy to maintain. Thats good advice on seeds as well, thanks for dropping in guys! :thanks:

Perhaps the most important point I forgot to make regarding defoliation is air flow. When you are in flower, you really want to keep the air moving...especially if you have higher humidity. You don't want to take any chance of mold ruining all your hard work. I would rather make the plants work a little harder or longer than risk losing my hard earned bounty due to stagnant air leading to that dreadful "M" word.

Again, just my .02. You will find there are a million opinions on every topic, take mine for what you choose to brother.

Recommendations are mostly simple guidelines. Perhaps you have a crazy bushy plant with massive fan leaves and where you live your tent stays in 70% humidity. The 3 week recommendation might not apply to you. You might be better served doing at day 15. The world won't end by doing something outside the box. I am a firm believer in experimentation. Find what works for you. If you do everything that Joe Blow does, you might miss a lot. Take the advice, think about it and the logic behind it, see if it applies and then decide to do what you want.

What I love about this site is the open mindedness you get here. If someone does something different than what I would do, I am curious as to what the results will be. Maybe he or she might have found a better or different way that is easier. This site isn't like Youtube where if you do something the social media "experts" don't agree with seems to set the thread on fire with hate and vile comments. Seems that most every one here realizes that there is more than one way to skin a cat or grow some good medicine.

Well said!! The attitudes of people here and other cannabis forums make the rest of the internet seem like a cesspool of negativity at times. I would argue that even the youtube audience is better for cannabis growers than other folks. The tech shows and programming tutorials are brutal.
That's why I am thrilled every morning to wake up, smoke and spend a couple hours having coffee and smoke reading these journals before work. Cheers and thanks all for being awesome!

Sounds like things are going good Nizzly. GSC are one of the strains I will be growing next go around, along with Blue Dream, Northern Lights, either White Widow or Jack Herer, and a CBD strain that I haven't quite decided on yet. I am torn on doing a CBD strain with a ratio of +10:1 (CBD to THC) or going with a more even 1:1 ratio.

Which breeder did you get your GSC from Nizzly?

So watered today week 3 on grotek schedule, next feeding is when MONSTER BLOOM starts hehe cant wait to see the results of that. pH was looking same, just a bit lower coming out. The ladies are super chunky now! That defoliate really helped! Big thanks to Van Stank:thanks: Have had trichs forming four days ago if not longer, can see them coating without needing to get close now. They are already starting to smell very nice!:drool:

Its super bright now hard to get a pic but used my shades over the camera this time a bit better color than all purple haha.

June 20th Day 19 Flower

DSC_013533.JPG

Back
Top Bottom