Thermx70 Yucca Extract
Some Alfalfa seeds for sprouted seed tea
Bag of Bokashi
Bag of cover crop seeds
Small bag of barley straw
Pot elevator
Rove Beetles
Few worms

Take your pot and fill it about 2" of soil at a time, then water each layer with fresh non chlorinated water mixed with Yucca extract.
Water just enough to get the soil to whats called field capacity which is if you grab a large fistful and squeeze, you should see about 1 to 3 drops of water, if you squeeze as hard as you can you see a very tiny stream smaller than a pencil lead for a second.
Thats basically field capacity.
Do that 2" layer at a time until pot is filled to within 1 to 1.5" from the top.

Sprinkle a handful of Bokashi on top an just barely scratch it into the surface.
Then sprinkle a small amount of cover crop seeds all over except for about an 8" circle in the middle.
Then water that in with Aloe vera water and a teaspoon of rootwise microbe complete.
Then lay on top of that a very light layer of barley straw to start.
About now you order the Rove Beetles, by the time they come in the cover crop should be started.
Put in some worms, about a dozen will be good, they will multiply.
You water the soil lightly at first, but water it everyday.
You never let your soil dry out, EVER not even the top 1/2".
Soil needs to stay moist, not soaking wet but nice and moist like field capacity and never dry.
Once the cover crop comes in and the worms start working the soil you'll need at least a quart or two a day everyday of Yucca water.
You'll work your way up to 3/4 gallon a day in veg maybe even a gallon, then in late flower maybe 1 1/2 gallons per day.
Put in your Rove Beetles when they come in they will take care of your fungus gnats and any other soil borne pest.

Now get a solo cup, fill to the brim with the Buildasoil Light soil that you have pre-moistened with aloe vera water and rootwise microbes.
Pop the seed into a glass also with aloe vera and a pinch of Rootwise.
Place the glass in a warm spot like top of fridge, top of internet router, laptop, where ever in your house is about 80⁰
In about 12-18 hours the seed will crack, don't wait for a tail, as soon as you can see the seed crack its germinated.
Plant seed tap root side down about 1/8th inch down and water lightly.
In another 18 hours it will pop up.
Keep the seedling in 77-80⁰ temp with 65-75% humidity until the leaves are hanging over the rim of cup that will usually be day 7.
Dig a hole in center of pot and coat the hole with rootwise.
Transplant the 7 day old seedling into 20 gal pot and continue watering as you have the past few weeks.
Just needs to stay moist.
In about 10 days you make a Sprouted seed tea of Alfalfa.
Sprout 1/2 oz of seeds until the tail is the length of the seed, then put into blender with a cup of water and blend for about 15 seconds.
Add that to about a gallon or so of fresh water.
And water the plant with it.
If you want a good yield you will need to LST the plant starting a few days after the Alfalfa tea.
From there you just water daily just enough to keep the soil moist and in 8 to 10 weeks you should have about 8 oz of prime bud virtually guaranteed.
lol @Nunyabiz .. i love your stuff man but i think we have to dial way back to help this poor grower.

we need to just be real nice and basic. the brother has to fill a few jars first before getting the whole organic recipe.

Any Pests?
Not originally but after a couple days of having them yes ive a gnat or two small flying around and found 4 on my yellow trap
You for sure have thrips or mites, I'm really unsure why noone else mentioned it. I grabbed clones from someone last fall and ended up in a similar situation, mites and gnats... and the 'friend' knew just didn't care enough to let me know about them until I was in battle with them. They'll for sure wreck your grow if you don't treat them.

You for sure have thrips or mites, I'm really unsure why noone else mentioned it. I grabbed clones from someone last fall and ended up in a similar situation, mites and gnats... and the 'friend' knew just didn't care enough to let me know about them until I was in battle with them. They'll for sure wreck your grow if you don't treat them.

he's got gnats but that's easy to solve. at this point some of them should have gnats. smaller buckets are bound, that's gnat wonderland.

That is pretty basic.
Super simple, virtually foolproof, no nutrients to measure, no pH'ing water, no guessing about when to water.
No gnats
Just water daily and watch it grow
once in the groove with the background and infrastructure.

he kind a needs a basic grow with bottle nutes to get through to finish.

1628576395853.png

there is zero chance those tiny square pots don't want an up pot.

When the tent sucks itself in that's known as negative air pressure. I prefer to run my tents like that as everything bad in the air gets sucked out. The bottom vents on the tent allow fresh air to be brought in. You could do even extra and add in air filters to those vents.
Yeah I dont have any filters, I have a 12 inch turbo fan duct taped to the inside vent working as a ghetto intake fan pulling air in from the out side pushing in and opened my other hole on the bottom just now to see if that will help

he's got gnats but that's easy to solve. at this point some of them should have gnats. smaller buckets are bound, that's gnat wonderland.

once in the groove with the background and infrastructure.

he kind a needs a basic grow with bottle nutes to get through to finish.

1628576395853.png

there is zero chance those tiny square pots don't want an up pot.
if you look at the pics after youll see I did up pot to 1 gallon maybe it isnt good enough, its definitely big enough to where it can expand outward before upgrading to a 3 gall or 5

, its definitely big enough to where it can expand outward before upgrading to a 3 gall or 5
based on what ?

show me a successful grow before you claim anything . there's years of experience available on this board.

bottom line i'd up pot and rebalance nutes. you can attack any pest issue at the same time or shortly after that.

the up pot will buy time if the pests are a deeper issue. it'll be harder to attack any pests in a 1 gal bucket. you're gonna be fighting nute and ph issues if you do.

edit: there is no way this grow is write off. i've saved so much worse.

@bluter You have the patience of Jobe my friend lol
Shadow, you mentioned a couple of things that caught my attention. "The pots are heavy AF" and you xplanted into FFOF. So, I'm thinking that overwatering + FFOF + pests+ small pots = dead plants. Don't get me wrong, I grow in FFOF all the time BUT sometimes it can be too hot for babies or clones. That holds especially true for clones or seedlings that are weak.
Here's what I would do:
1. Get rid of the pests. Leave the tent empty for 2-3 weeks and clean it often. Once you are going again, you can add some Mosquito Bits to your water for the gnats or like others mentioned, grab some SNS. Those pests have got to go first.
2. Use Happy Frog soil instead of FFOF.
3. Get bigger pots. I would recommend fabric pots as well in at least 5 gallon. I use 7 gallon myself.
4. Don't overwater your plants. If you plant them in bigger pots, you can actually help them by watering around the plant instead of soaking them down to help extend the roots and search for water. The entire pot does not need to be soaking wet. (Which also helps keeps the fungus gnats going and ain't nobody got time for that bad juju.)
5. I don't care if it's your mother, if you buy clones from someone keep them in a quarantine area for at least 2 weeks. Buy a small tent or make a small closet tent. I'd rather have a possible pest invasion in a small tent that I can manage more easily than my big tent!
Good luck!

Definitely some thrips in there... treat with neem, sns or something... you can't grow well when bugs are attacking.

As far as the pots not drying out, that is up to your plants. You are watering too often and way before the container dries out all the way to the bottom. By watering early every time, you are keeping water in the bottom of the container and drowning your roots. Until you learn to run with a solid wet/dry cycle, you will continue to have these problems and will continue to kill seedlings. Please read my link below on how to properly water... it has helped 1/3 of a million readers and I believe it will help you.

Hi Shadow, red flags I see from your initial post:

- your light is too high,
in veg state your light height should be ~18" at 50% output, got those numbers from Mars-Hydro

- soil not drying out, gnats, and failed seedlings due to damping off
Improper watering techniques, tent humidity too high, tent ventilation. These are all interconnected, soil takes a long time to complete a wet/dry cycle in a high humidity environment.

Where is your tent located? It helps regulating tent temps and humidity if the tent is located in a room that has a lower temp and humidity than inside the tent.

Recommend reading Emilya's link on proper plant watering, adjust your light height and work on lowering tent humidity.

Back
Top Bottom