Got a new camera so welcome to the grow...

jumpin in here late but awesome setup you got HeadMed! Your plants look wonderful and you were clearly prepared for this. +Rep

nice looking grow man. everything looks green and really healthy.

Thanks guys.

So the room continues to evolve.

We've added another tray into the closet, so we can have a separate reservoir to flush in. That meant we need to tie back and support the big Afgooey's. No only to make room, but they needed it. It's seems to be a real leggy plant, it's got heavy buds, and hasn't been getting the wind it needs... weak stems. (Small stems are nicer in the sac though yes.....?)

After 6 days of running the Gravity in one of them we pulled it from the routine. Even if it did what it said it did it wasn't worth the effort in this particular set up. The plant has to be pulled from the closet, and lifted out of it's reservoir to safely and completely address the nutrient solution.

Noticeable differences... not much. Reasons to pull...

-PH went crazy high. No one can figure out why.

-PH fluctuates so fast plant needed constant attention.

-No noticeable size difference (control (molasses only) seems to have bigger buds... to the eye).

-Plant did seem to mature faster.. noticed more red "hairs" than on control.

-Evidence of PH/Nute burn.

-On a PH rescue and extraction mission from the closet the plant was damaged. We (she) came up with a great idea for a splint and it's doing fine (see pic below). Keep your scraps of hose. This 1/2" works great.

So we flushed, and went back to standard nutrients, with molasses.

On a lighter note. Our Cinderella99 seedling is doing amazing. Sitting in a tray with a bunch of cloned you can see the difference in the way she grows. (If I say she enough maybe it will be true :grinjoint:) We're jokingly calling here Symmetrical Cindy, since she is. Next week she'll be ready to give up a couple clones for sexing.

Now Pictures :yummy::rollit:

Momma's and Staging area... Can you spot Cindy?
moms_and_staging_.JPG

Here's Cindy... se what we mean by symmetrical the spacing and placement of nodes. If I had the room, this could convince me to grow from seed.
Symetrical_Cindy.JPG

The new babies
New_baby_s.JPG

Here's the new tray we've installed. It's longer than the closet is deep (by 18") but we kinda like that because it keeps the curtains off the big girls. It's eb and flow, using 6gal buckets as it's stand / reservoir(s). We'll probably move a couple over to it right away to make room for new girls in the tray. We really want to get on that continuous harvest cycle. I have a spare 50w HPS fixture I may install to suplement lighting in the middle of the closet there. (I need to build a tube, but I may move this our of the closet shortly and take over the room.) By the way. If your friendly with your local hydro shop. Don't be afraid to ask of they have any old displays in the back that they would like to get rid of. Buckets, trays, lids, pots, etc.etc.. Stuff thats old and stained... doesn't look pretty they can use it to sell. You may be able to get task specific materials at discount prices. You just need to be willing to do some work in cleaning, light repair etc. Always try to pay for everything though.. don't expect anything for free. It's a business and times are rough.
New_Tray.JPG

Heres the Weed Patch, Them OG's are looking good, frosted and fat. They'll move to the new tray soon.
The_Weed_Patch.JPG

The_Weed_Patch_2.JPG

The_Weed_Patch_XXXOG_2.JPG

Heres the Afgooey that was exposed to Gravity.
Afgooey_w_Gravity.JPG

Here you can see the PH/Nute burn, and that cool splint I was talking about.
PH-nute_burn_on_gravity.JPG

Great_Splint.JPG

And just some cool shots
Afgooey_w_Gravity_2.JPG

Afgooey_w_Gravity_3.JPG

Afgooey_w_Gravity_4.JPG

And so you can see a comparison. Heres the Afgooey that was not treated with Gravity.
Afgoey_wo_Gravity.JPG

Afgoey_wo_Gravity_2.JPG

Afgoey_wo_Gravity_3.JPG

Afgoey_wo_Gravity_4.JPG

Afgoey_wo_Gravity_5.JPG

Not so many pictures this time. Tragedy struck and I was busy working instead of smoking and enjoying the sights as usual.

We got spider mites!!!
Spidermite_WEBS.jpg

"everything that was in veg got HOSED with Neem Oil. Everything in flower got spot treated with a small brush. We painted the oil on the plant... fan leaves, stems, truck etc.

We weren't showing much activity (spider mite) in the flower area.. a couple of the new placements had some. The heavily flowered girls seem to be clean right now...

But in my heart of hearts I know it;s only a mater of time. We're trying to take away as much of the favorable real estate as we can... I only have another 2 to 3 weeks before we cut em down... Hopefully I can hold off a full blown infestation until then. Then I can clear it all out and hose the room. Mites make me wanna shut down for a month and make sure we're clean...

Aside from that everything's doing well. Cindy is huge and ready to give up a couple clones for sexing. Mothers are huge and have given up clones.

I could really use suggestions on combating mites on flowered plants!

Anyways... Heres pics.

Momma_s.jpg

close_and_stage.jpg

cindy2.jpg

Afgooey2.jpg

The_flower_room2.jpg

Wish me luck...!

Take note that there is a medical reason to control spider mites.
It has been discovered that mite's body parts and mite's faecal matter, remaining on your buds after drying, pose a serious health risk.
Mite's faecal matter contains e-coli!
Please ensure you take aggressive steps with mite control as temps rise in northern hemisphere summers.

ps. for those who don't know, faecal matter is also known as 'poo'!

Any suggestions for cleaning the dead outta these babies... I'm looking for technique tips to keep from damaging the beautiful crystals.

can't help you there but I hope the best. Those are some frosty females and some beautiful photography.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us brother!...;)

was your harvest spider mite free?

Technically, this should be considered abandoned, but since you have so many beautiful photos and took us all the way to almost the end of flowering before you got mites, I’m moving this to completed journals...;)

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?...;)

If so, please start one here Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world…;)

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom