Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Contest aside (and I won't be voting since it appears I have a dog in this race!), you have really done an excellent job on both clones. So pretty, frosty, and green.

No matter which one is getting which mix, neither one looks to be protesting in the slightest.

Oh yes, and sorry about my upcoming aspirin experiment...I didn't mean to steal the attention. It looks like my thread is back to banter so you should be good here. :)

Contest aside (and I won't be voting since it appears I have a dog in this race!), you have really done an excellent job on both clones. So pretty, frosty, and green.
Thanks Shed. One of them is indebted to you! :Rasta:
No matter which one is getting which mix, neither one looks to be protesting in the slightest.
When I looked at your numbers (and ingredients) I suspected there wouldn't be a big difference between the two. Thanks again for helping me do this!:thanks:
Oh yes, and sorry about my upcoming aspirin experiment...I didn't mean to steal the attention. It looks like my thread is back to nonsense so you should be good here. :)
Why do I keep getting a "What does that mean?" vibe?:laughtwo:

Good day all.

It's Flip + 55 for Copy & Paste and they're still being cooperative!

Having left too much growth on the bottom, Paste has numerous buds sagging down low. They look pretty good though and I plan to leave them on to further mature when I harvest her.

Paste is on the right:

FFc 1-20-24 F55 tent.JPG

--------------------------------------

With regard to my little experiment, thus far I've received only 4 guesses about which plant is getting the regular Strive dosage. (And that could be only 3 votes. I'm uncertain which plant @Carcass chose, but I think it's Paste.)

I think the tally stands at 2 votes for each plant.

I thought this would be a fun thing to vote on but voter turnout has been low and since we're all online, I can't even blame the inclement weather. 🙂

However, since I revealed the nature of my test there has been another experiment launched concerning Exedrin or some such thing. The new experimenter is much more well-connected and has much more media exposure than I. Running under the banner of "MPMIA" (Make Powdery Mildew Invisible Again), this guy prolly has snatched the attention of those members likely/willing to cast a vote for anything.

Such is life! 😁
i'm here for ya GDB, hugs Lol!:passitleft:

I'm uncertain which plant @Carcass chose, but I think it's Paste.
You are correct, sir!
Sorry I didn't make it more clear...
I looked at the pics again today- it's still Paste... :)

Thanks Shed. One of them is indebted to you! :Rasta:

When I looked at your numbers (and ingredients) I suspected there wouldn't be a big difference between the two. Thanks again for helping me do this!:thanks:

Why do I keep getting a "What does that mean?" vibe?:laughtwo:
Oh my... is there jealousy among the ranks?

Good morning all and Happy Sunday!

It's Flip + 56 for Copy & Paste.

I remain convinced that Paste is further along, maturity-wise, than Copy. It's frustrating though, because I'm unable to really highlight the difference in pics. I just don't have the photo skills to pull it off.

Anyway, I'll keep trying. Here are some bud pics from this morning:

Copy:
Copy bud 1-21-24 F56.jpg

Paste:
Paste bud 1-21-24 F56.jpg

Hmm. Not so sure these pics do very much to support my contention. :straightface:
----------------------------------

i'm here for ya GDB, hugs fist-bumps Lol!:passitleft:
Thanks con. FTFY! 🙂
You are correct, sir!
Sorry I didn't make it more clear...
I looked at the pics again today- it's still Paste... :)
Thanks for the clarification Carcass.

If today's pics change your mind then change your vote. Remember, this democracy is fluid! 🙂
Oh my... is there jealousy among the ranks?
No way, no how Schnookie!

Even I care more about a better PM treatment than I do about which of my plants got fed what!

(BTW, you could have voted since you were here! 🙂)

---------------------------------------

Thanks for looking in and have yourselves a refreshing & relaxing Sunday!

PEACE

Good morning all and Happy Sunday!

It's Flip + 56 for Copy & Paste.

I remain convinced that Paste is further along, maturity-wise, than Copy. It's frustrating though, because I'm unable to really highlight the difference in pics. I just don't have the photo skills to pull it off.

Anyway, I'll keep trying. Here are some bud pics from this morning:

Copy:
Copy bud 1-21-24 F56.jpg

Paste:
Paste bud 1-21-24 F56.jpg

Hmm. Not so sure these pics do very much to support my contention. :straightface:
----------------------------------

Thanks con. FTFY! 🙂

Thanks for the clarification Carcass.

If today's pics change your mind then change your vote. Remember, this democracy is fluid! 🙂

No way, no how Schnookie!

Even I care more about a better PM treatment than I do about which of my plants got fed what!

(BTW, you could have voted since you were here! 🙂)

---------------------------------------

Thanks for looking in and have yourselves a refreshing & relaxing Sunday!

PEACE
Lol! you changed my reply! i gotta ask since i'm kinda computer lingo slow what does FTFY mean?

Copy still seems to be pushing out new foxtails where Paste has slowed that down, so I can see where that makes Paste seem further along. Was the mother equally as foxtaily as the clones are?
Thanks Shed. Yeah, their mom had plenty of foxtails.

Lol! you changed my reply! i gotta ask since i'm kinda computer lingo slow what does FTFY mean?
Fixed That For You.

Mrs. GDB gets jealous when I hug other men! :laughtwo:

Hello all.

It's Flip + 57 for Copy & Paste so there should be about 30 days or so to go! But I'm starting to think that these two might not run for as long as their mom did.

I've already noted how the clones were further along than their mom (when she was the same age) when they started creating pom poms. So I guess it makes sense that the clones my get taken down a bit sooner than mom did.

Out of curiosity, a few days ago I scoped a bud from Paste. I grabbed one from the center, deep within the lower region of the plant. It was in the shade and getting very little light, so I didn't expect to see a lot of development. I was somewhat surprised by what I saw:
Paste 1-22-24 F57 trichs (2).jpg

Paste 1-22-24 F57 trichs (3).jpg

Paste 1-22-24 F57 trichs (1).jpg

They are mostly clear but there are also a few opaques (very few).

Here's the bud I grabbed. (It's been air-drying for 2 days.)

Paste 1-20-24 F55 lower bud.jpg

To these old eyes that's some fairly significant progress for a bud that has been constantly shaded and positioned about 40 inches below the light.

If this is occurring in the plant's nether regions then what's going on up top? I think I should start scoping her top buds sooner than I had planned to.

------------------------------------

I had both plants out today for a big watering. They both were fed Strive nutrients over the past two days @ slightly more than 3L each day (with no run off). Today, each got in excess of 1 gallon of plain water to significant run off.

While they were out I took solo pics of each.

Paste:
Paste 1-22-24 F57 solo (3).JPG

Copy:
Copy 1-22-24 F57 solo (2).JPG

That's today's news.

I hope everyone's grows are going well. And if you're having problems, I hope they last no longer than your New Year's resolutions! 🙂

PEACE

FF is one of my favorites and those look fantastic. They're both really healthy for flip+57, to me they still like they have a couple more weeks.

FF is one of my favorites and those look fantastic. They're both really healthy for flip+57, to me they still like they have a couple more weeks.
Thanks BudMan.

I agree on a couple of more weeks, more like 3-4 weeks is a good bet.

Damn, they're looking great, GDB!

And not an un-green leaf in sight!👍

So, with the Strive nutes, they get plain water every so often?

Damn, they're looking great, GDB!

And not an un-green leaf in sight!👍

So, with the Strive nutes, they get plain water every so often?
Thanks Carcass. Maybe green is the new brown!

Yeah, water only sometimes.

Bad part is I had to contact Customer Support to find that out. It says nothing about that on the bag or on the site's feeding instructions.

My initial question to them was about how often to feed because I just wasn't certain.

That conversation went something like this:

Me: Do I use this feed everyday?

Them: No you don't have to. Use at least twice a week or more. And you've got to run some plain water through there too.

Me: How often on the water and how often on the feed do you recommend?

Them: It's not set. You've just got to pay attention to the plant.

Yikes! Thank you Capt. Obvious!

I feed mine 4 times a week. The schedule I've adopted in flower goes like this:

Day 1: Strive 3L no run off
Day 2: Strive 3L minor run off
Day 3: Water 3L minor run off
Day 4: Strive 3L minor run off
Day 5: Strive 3L minor run off
Day 6: Water 1+ Gallon to significant run off
Day 7: Nothing

They seem to like it for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom