Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

I've got some jars of bud that's getting older. Maybe today I'll get some practice squishing those. Any tips on pressing old weed? Been Jared for a year or two. Stuff I wasn't crazy about but maybe I'll like it better after it's squished
You won’t get the waxiness fluff consistency with the older bud, from my experience. The flavor still rocks if you controlled your storage.
:thumb:

I'm serious guys. LOL. do you just grind the bag up with it?

I ask because I look at my bags and there's NO way those squished pucks are coming out of those bags. They meld together to become one. I tried tearing the bags off, but that doesn't work well and makes a huge mess. If any of you know a good way to do it, feel free to share. I'm not sure if all pressing bags are nylon or not, but my bags are and I'm not sure if it would be good to grind up with the bud. Perhaps if the reground pucks are placed in bags, no bits of nylon will contaminate the rosin. I'd hate to get bits of nylon on the tip of my nectar collector. I can't imagine it would be too good to inhale melted nylon.

I misread that question. It varies a lot from strain to strain and how old it is. I usually go 190 now. I squeeze it halfway down and let it warm up good for a minute. After its warmed up, I squish it down until it starts to resist some. Then I usually squish for about 3 minutes compressing more every minute or so. When it stops coming out and bubbling, I take it out. I don't squeeze twice so that the pucks still have plenty of rosin in them for tinctures. I hope to find some everclear soon and make gummies. Everybody bought it up around here for use as a disinfectant during this corona outbreak.

Thanks brother! I played around a little bit today and 190 ish seems like a good temp. The 2 year old stuff is lot darker. But smokes nice
when I first got my press, all I had was cured stuff. It seems a hell of a lot darker doesn't it? I tried pressing some that was only just dried and it was much lighter in color AND had stronger terps.

I never liked bags... return was never as good as without

Now I started doing Chottle Tech bag squish....works fantastic

May try that

Oh Man your not kidding. The terps are way more flavorful on fresh than cured. I might smash a whole jar tommorow :cheesygrinsmiley:
Talk to some of the big squishers on here. Without distillate, the shelf life of pure rosin is reduced. You might not wanna squish it ALL in one day unless its only a qt jar. LOL. If I still have it after 4 or 5 days I notice it starts to loosen up a little.

Back
Top Bottom