Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

❤️ that shit ! Any chance of pointing me to the specs, so I can make my own? I’ve had a juice box mini sent from🇺🇸to 🇬🇧. But it can only handle two grams at a time . The postage was almost as much as the press. It dose the job, but I need more , bigger amounts. By the way in pressing bubble hash.

image.jpg
Grandpa hasn't been around lately so he may not reply.
Check out @DabPress though, they're one of the site sponsors.
Rosin Press - DIY Hydraulic Rosin Heat Press Plates Kits and you can find them on amazon too.

Solventless Extracts (Rosin) Pressed Here!

Hello everyone, and welcome to Grandpa’s squeeze box. I’ve been receiving quite a few emails lately asking me about my extracts; specifically, about solventless, so I thought I would share exactly what I do again so everyone can see. This little tutorial is all about making solventless extracts some like to call Rosin. Basically, we’re simply going to apply heat and pressure together to extract the goodness inside those trichomes. Everybody ready? Jump on board...it’s going to be a smashing good time!

Before we get started let me explain what equipment I’m using. Every piece of equipment and each component can be purchased on Amazon. I made my device from a 20-ton press, aluminum blocks, a proportional–integral–derivative controller (PID controller), ceramic heaters, a thermocouple etc. I’m not going to go into detail here about building a diy press. This can all be accomplished with a hair straightener and a clamp too...that’s how I started. Let me also throw in this caveat...this is not a press I would use for commercial applications. This is entirely for personal medicinal use and enjoyment.

To build the press I basically drilled two holes in the top aluminum block and one hole in the bottom block. Two of the holes are not tapped and are used to slide the ceramic heaters into the center of each block. The other hole is tapped in the top block to house a thermocouple so the PID can read temperature. The PID is wired to the heaters, thermocouple, and power cord and I housed them all in a small black box. I had to tap a few more holes in the top block so I had a way of attaching to the press. Because I already had the press the other components cost me about $80-$100. There are YouTube videos on how to build and wire one if you are as inclined as I was:

Enough of that nonsense! You want to see some squeezes...

First off, I should mention that the proceeding is extremely addictive. You may find yourself having fun while you do this...just sayin.

Okay, step one is growing good weed to smash. If you’re having troubles growing enough dank to smoke then you probably don’t want to smash it. I normally have an abundance...yes, yes I do! :ganjamon:

Today we’re using about 10 grams of Grandpa’s GG (in two 5 gram bags). It’s pretty good stuff and is just coated in trichome goodness. I breakup the bud into manageable pieces so they can be stuffed into some 90 micron bags:

I then did a cold pre-press on the two pouches. I use a smaller 6-ton press to do that. I’m using this RAW parchment paper and it really works nicely:

I place the flattened pouch into the parchment and center it in between the two warm blocks. The first run I used 230 F (all readings from my PID. May not be accurate). The second run I lowered the temp to 225 F. I felt like the first one was almost reaching too hot because of the smell...not bad, just hot. If that makes sense. You can see a difference in the Ooze color IMO.

I press until I feel contact with the material and wait 30 seconds. After that I give a full press. I don’t have any gauge to tell me exactly how much pressure is being applied, but I can testify that it is a shit-ton. I smash the hell out of it...duh! I know, not very scientific, but I don’t really care. I get what I get...and it’s oh so good.

Well kiddies, here’s what it looks like coming straight out of the press:

Yummy! All I do is simply gather up the goodness and flatten it out. It’s dabbable immediately and I always sample a little after completed.

I hope you enjoyed watching Grandpa squeeze something. I know I enjoyed it immensely. Solvent-less extracts can be fun for the entire family. Be safe!

Edit: I don’t squeeze a second time any longer, but it can certainly be accomplished. I save the smashed pouches for a later alcohol extraction.
What about if you don't have access to all that amazing stuff, would/could I use my weight like literally stand on it, somehow smash it, between two hit plates. Like really I'm grasping at straws. My housing situation doesn't allow for me to get all fancy and I know I'm old school and I just used to trim and soak in oil , not as great as these days but surely there's a way ? No?😮‍💨

This can all be accomplished with a hair straightener and a clamp too...that’s how I started.
For small small amounts. They do make some that you heat with a torch & squeeze with a vice Your weight would not be enough

Never used one myself. Here is a search of grandpa token Search results for query: hair straightener
Scroll down to the early ones where he is using the hair straightener
I can say after livin like a rock star on dead tour with 576 shows under my belt & now cancer free but with lupus, pressin' may not be my best bet..
Imma keep lookin y'all are full of great ideas
Im trying to reinvent the good ol 80's with a ladies stocking a bowl and some keif....
I just don't know if that would help my lupus hands like RSO/ concentrate ( I never know what to call it)
I think my kid was correct telling me " well ya know you WERE born in the 1900's🤪🤦‍♀️🙄

What about if you don't have access to all that amazing stuff, would/could I use my weight like literally stand on it, somehow smash it, between two hit plates. Like really I'm grasping at straws. My housing situation doesn't allow for me to get all fancy and I know I'm old school and I just used to trim and soak in oil , not as great as these days but surely there's a way ? No?😮‍💨
Hi so you’re the man with the plan . The plan is to make concrete. Me too ! Bit this will be my first attempt. I could do with a little advice. I’m in my 5 decade and I packed in smocking 7year ago but every vape oil I’ve made has been sub- par can you help
Me make a store quality vape oil . If have 2 lbs of small flower , a juice box press bubble bag lipids n liquidiser. Am I on the right track ? Is there anything else I should know before I start the process.

Hi so you’re the man with the plan . The plan is to make concrete. Me too ! Bit this will be my first attempt. I could do with a little advice. I’m in my 5 decade and I packed in smocking 7year ago but every vape oil I’ve made has been sub- par can you help
Me make a store quality vape oil . If have 2 lbs of small flower , a juice box press bubble bag lipids n liquidiser. Am I on the right track ? Is there anything else I should know before I start the process.
You could start here and see if it helps:

Back
Top Bottom